Sign in to follow this  
Xavi- Poor Mans Ian Crook

David Bell

[quote user="mr flibble"]Can I just say I used to go down to Ritzy''s regularly with the pope and he was always making shapes on the dancefloor. He would have loved to have tried body popping but couldn''t spin on his head due to his mitre getting in the way. I am an intermediary in a possible arrival of Lita, on the basis that his holiness is part of the deal, with NCFC flying him over from the vatican every other weekend to go out on the lash with Leroy ( and Matty Patty , obviously )[/quote]

At last, a dependable source!

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Too slow.................Too lightweight.................infact exactly the same as that waste of space Hoolahan Don''t panic, Do you go to games? If you did you would know that Hoolahan isn''t a waste of space. Works hard, keeps the ball moving. Too slow and too lightweight sounds more like Lupoli. Brushed off the ball by a gust of wind and naturally slow due to being an Italian.[/quote]

Season Ticket holder of many many years so your point is what? Works hard.....well he runs around in circles a lot if that is what you mean,he is much too "one" footed and as you say of Lupoli ( I agree by the way ) brushed off the ball far too easily and as for "seeing" a pass.....only if you give him enough time........poor signing,Bell is the better of the 2 ( just )  

How can you say Hoolahan is a waste of space?!?! You obviously know nothing about football then! We are a far better team with him in there than without.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]How can you say Hoolahan is a waste of space?!?! You obviously know nothing about football then! We are a far better team with him in there than without.[/quote]

Hoolahan is quality, no doubt about it. I still don''t think we''ve seen the best of him on a regular basis but there have been glimpses of pure brilliance.

I see that Hucks is saying in his interview that he feels sorry for Bell because he''s being played out of position.

[quote user="cityangel"]I see that Hucks is saying in his interview that he feels sorry for Bell because he''s being played out of position.[/quote]

Do you think Huckerby knows anyone who would be better suited to playing on the left wing?

And as for David Bell at least he''s got the excuse that he''s being played out of position. What happens if he was to play on the right and struggle? There wouldn''t be anything to hide behind then. So to some extent he''s in quite a cushy position.

[quote user="cityangel"]I see that Hucks is saying in his interview that he feels sorry for Bell because he''s being played out of position.[/quote]

Funny, I remember Huckerby (and a lot of fans) making a similar point when we started playing a right footed striker in left midfield a few years back.

[quote user="cityangel"]I see that Hucks is saying in his interview that he feels sorry for Bell because he''s being played out of position.[/quote]And of course as Huckerby said it it must be gospel. Bell is a left winger for crying out loud. Where he''s played for most of his teams.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="cityangel"]I see that Hucks is saying in his interview that he feels sorry for Bell because he''s being played out of position.[/quote]And of course as Huckerby said it it must be gospel. Bell is a left winger for crying out loud. Where he''s played for most of his teams.[/quote]For Luton he played mostly in the center or on the right and made few appearences on the left but played in all 3 positions.

Thank you Thain.

Elsewhere on this thread it is suggested that Bell doesn''t have the strength compared to Lappin.

Now I''m not a Lappin hater but Notts Forest away, our first goal was totally made by Bell''s strength ( ON THE RIGHT) for the centre for ''Pongo'' to score. I thank you!

I say again, his pace is not his greatest attribute, but his reputation within the game is as a midfielder.

All I ask is that with the situation we are in, give the boy a chance. After all we are not exactly full of quality players. On the other hand Roeder may feel feel Bell is no better than Lupoli! Aha!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Thank you Thain. Elsewhere on this thread it is suggested that Bell doesn''t have the strength compared to Lappin. Now I''m not a Lappin hater but ....[/quote]

Nor me - in fact I''m the only Lappin fan in this village but whilst I would love to see Lappin in a midfield role I don''t see him as a winger like Bell. I really do not understand this original thread. Bell is quality and we do not have too much of that. He has his weaknesses but he''s still quality. Roeder might sell him to cash in his chips but  even he can''''t fail to rate him. (I would say that there are probably only five City players that other Championship sides would fight over - and that Bell is one of them. But then we don''t have much more than five players anyway).

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Thank you Thain.

Elsewhere on this thread it is suggested that Bell doesn''t have the strength compared to Lappin.

Now I''m not a Lappin hater but Notts Forest away, our first goal was totally made by Bell''s strength ( ON THE RIGHT) for the centre for ''Pongo'' to score. I thank you!

I say again, his pace is not his greatest attribute, but his reputation within the game is as a midfielder.

All I ask is that with the situation we are in, give the boy a chance. After all we are not exactly full of quality players. On the other hand Roeder may feel feel Bell is no better than Lupoli! Aha![/quote]spot on - bell reminds me in a way to dave phillips - or even neil adams...just like bellers - both these city ole boys didn''t really have pace to burn, but they had a quality foot and the nouse to put over some decent balls???  bell made his first appearance at carra as a sub - when he came onto the right wing - and i was very impressed by the boy, who put over several good balls - and seemed to have the capacity to think about where to put the ball, and in the most dangerous posi...he''s had one good game on the left for me, and clearly isn''t as home there...