Sign in to follow this  
barclay seats 4849

Question...Is roeder an Ipswich "mole" ?

Just think for a moment..Ludicrous as it might at first seem, he came , just kept us from relegation by the skin of our teeth ! Then when the majority feel he is on our side ,,he slowly ruins our club. Gets rid of Decent players...most for no fee ! Then gets a team of loan players, most of whom have not been so good, and remember the claim that they would be good enough to get us promoted ! Then demoralises the few loyal players who may have helped us out of trouble, some who rather than leave for Scottish Premiership football, foolishly thought they could win the manager over,only to languish in the reserve team . (oh no ! I just remebered, he got rid of that  as well)

OK, it sounds a little conspiratory, but do many now think , after his response to fans fears, and comments on them at the AGM , that he is on "our" side ??

I do not .........................we need to do something about it......before he satisfies his real masters ...................them down at poorman road.

could be the poor **** is a loyal, determined workaholic whose stressed upto his eyeballs, and probably went a bit OTT at the AGM, bearing in mind he also had a brain op only a few years ago - which possibly could still affect his mood from time to time, especially when under pressure,,,i''m not saying i love the bloke,but this version works better for me!!!

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

Just think for a moment..Ludicrous as it might at first seem, he came , just kept us from relegation by the skin of our teeth ! Then when the majority feel he is on our side ,,he slowly ruins our club. Gets rid of Decent players...most for no fee ! Then gets a team of loan players, most of whom have not been so good, and remember the claim that they would be good enough to get us promoted ! Then demoralises the few loyal players who may have helped us out of trouble, some who rather than leave for Scottish Premiership football, foolishly thought they could win the manager over,only to languish in the reserve team . (oh no ! I just remebered, he got rid of that  as well)

OK, it sounds a little conspiratory, but do many now think , after his response to fans fears, and comments on them at the AGM , that he is on "our" side ??

I do not .........................we need to do something about it......before he satisfies his real masters ...................them down at poorman road.

[/quote]

By jove! I think you could be right! Quick, someone phone Private Eye!

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[/quote]

By jove! I think you could be right! Quick, someone phone Private Eye!

[/quote]

If it''s right it might be worth more than the Eye''s thirty quid....................

They could be phoning the wrong number[:|]

No, carry on.  That would be prudence without ambition.[:P]

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]Gets rid of decent players who contributed to us almost getting relegated last season ffs!![/quote]

And replaces them with players equally as useful [^o)]

"Is Roeder and Ipswich mole?", asks Alex.

If Ipswich means another word for mule, such as donkey or more accurately ass, and the ''m'' in mole is a typo and Alex meant ''h'', then I say the answer is a resounding YES!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

If Ipswich means another word for mule, such as donkey or more accurately ass, and the ''m'' in mole is a typo and Alex meant ''h'', then I say the answer is a resounding YES!

[/quote]Houston Canary lays another gold brick on the path to stand-up comedy genius...

Don''t be silly.  The squad last season was truly awful and, to make matters worse, we''re financially stuffed.  Roeder had no money to work with and had to reduce the weekly wage bill.  He couldn''t afford to buy replacements and the best he could do was to bring in (too many) loan players as at least there was no capital outlay on them.  Unfortunately we still look rubbish on the pitch but, short of clearing out the lot of them and starting from scratch with young, untested youth players and free transfers from the lower leagues, we have no real alternative.  Of course, if we did that it is certain that we''d be relegated and, given that we''re struggling to make our monthly interest payments, that''s probably a recipe for going bust.  Personally I was not impressed by the way Roeder dealt with many of the questions at the AGM and he was, indeed, grossly rude and sarcastic on occasions, but I genuinely think he''s doing the best he can with the pathetic resources he''s been given. 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

To be fair I never asked it [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Houston Canary"]

[/quote]

Houston Canary lays another gold brick on the path to stand-up comedy genius...

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]Gets rid of decent players who contributed to us almost getting relegated last season ffs!![/quote]

And replaces them with players equally as useful [^o)]

[/quote]Right.It looks a bit like this at the moment:Brellier out replaced by Clingan. I am pretty sure that the last time I looked not only is Clingan younger he is also a far better player.Wing wise I think its a bit tougher because we lost Huckerby but gained Bell and Hoolahan. Bell is a much better all round player than Huckerby and Hoolahan is yet to shine. Perhaps at the moment the only thing that doesn''t weigh up is the huge tallent that Huckerby WAS, but then that is always going to be hard to find.Shackell out replaced by Stefanovich. No qualms on my part here. A defender who has shown good potential but never quite realised it off for what could be £1.5million for an accomplished and experienced defender which we lacked last season. And the loan of Kennedy.I think this is where it all becomes difficult. The squad is better than last season and when they play well as a team they can knock spots off any team in this league ala Wolves. But as has been the case with Norwich teams in my living memory which is since around 1990, consistancy seems to escape them. It could be the difference in attitude of some of the loan players, although Lita, Kennedy, Bertrand and Oh-my-suzie seem to be more than committed to the cause.

To be fair I never asked it Wink [;)] alex_ncfc

Whoops, my mistake.  Sorry to alex and to barclay seats who did ask the question.

Thanks Chops and Perm.  It''s always very satisfying to be acknowledged in a positive way.  Yes, he did start Fotheringham but at least our striker duo looks like one that is designed to succeed (for a change) and not so much another (failed) attempt at reinventing the wheel.  (we are up 1-0 right now)