Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Omozusi at fault for all 3 Derby Goals..

Just watched the goals from the Derby match and surprise surprise Omozusi''s at fault for all 3 of them. The first one yes the cross shouldnt have come in and yes Dejan or Ken should have blocked but they havent and Omozusi is the last line of defence and what does he do? Absolutely nothing, he''s behind the two strikers nowhere near to intervene and they have an easy tap in.The second comes from the left, Omozusi''s territory, he''s just standing on the edge of box doing nothing as Croft gets in trouble, the cross comes in and its a goal. When Semmy is there he will double up with Croft and snuff out the danger, Omozusi just stands there and lets Croft, a right winger, do his job. End result, 2-0.Third goal, sloppy play by city admittedly but again when the danger arrives its Omozusi involved, no attempt to shepherd, tackle or block the shot. End result, 3-1. Game over.The main problem is his positioning and complete inability to see danger arriving, thats his inexperience i guess, but it doesnt help NCFC, and im getting sick of yet more goals conceded because of this raw, not ready and clearly out of his depth kid from Fulham. He is the difference between no points and 1 or 3 in my opinion as he undermines the hard work the rest of the defence put in.I hope Semmy gets back soon, and lets see him and the Doc with Dejan and Berty.

Omozusi has played every game since he''s been here hasn''t he... its clear that Roy Hodgson picks our team.. i always thought Roeder was the manager....

jas :)

Well Jas im convinced that Omozusi was part of the Dejan deal, in that we perhaps got Dejan at a cut price provided we take Omozusi and bring him on.

Valid point,and I think we have big problems at fullback.For all Semmy gives us going forward he''s poor defensively,and at present the same has to be said about Bertrand.Its a big worry,and not the only one!

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Semmy and Drury when fit, should be our full backs in my opinion.[/quote]Agreed.I dont think Bertrand has been at his best, and Drury looked great when he came back, altho he will always be so limited going forward, but for away games defo, him and Pattison down the left to keep it tight for an hour.And of course Semmy at RB, im a huge fan of Semmy, i dont believe he''s as frail defensively as much as some make out tho.

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Semmy and Drury when fit, should be our full backs in my opinion.[/quote]

What!  and play our two players when we have loans to put in?

Were is your football sense?

Tut tut[;)]

Our wings are dire, Betrand and Ozumosi, and Croft and Wes.

Bring back Semmi, Drury and get bell on the right, Lupoli on the left.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Our wings are dire, Betrand and Ozumosi, and Croft and Wes.

Bring back Semmi, Drury and get bell on the right, Lupoli on the left.

[/quote]I must admit whats happened to Roeders policy of one winger and keeping things tight away from home? He seems to have forgotten that doesnt he. Yes we should perhaps keep the same team that beat Wolves and Donny, but they were home games, an away match is different and of course requires diff tactics. Tuesday it should have been Drury and Pattison on the right, solid and fresh legs if anything, and Croft and, well, anyone but Omozusi on the right.

Personally I rate Omozusi as a far better defender than Semmy. Everyone on here makes a huge deal out of Semmy''s pace, but if you look at the best right backs in the world (Neville, Zanetti etc.) you will see pace is not a requirement. And saying that Roy Hodgson picks our team is pathetic - considering a lot of the time we''ve had no choice but to play Omozusi due to injuries anyway!

From what I hear Semmy has an attitude problem anyway - so bringing him back might not be the answer to our problems.

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]

Personally I rate Omozusi as a far better defender than Semmy. Everyone on here makes a huge deal out of Semmy''s pace, but if you look at the best right backs in the world (Neville, Zanetti etc.) you will see pace is not a requirement. And saying that Roy Hodgson picks our team is pathetic - considering a lot of the time we''ve had no choice but to play Omozusi due to injuries anyway!

From what I hear Semmy has an attitude problem anyway - so bringing him back might not be the answer to our problems.

[/quote]Taking Semmy out of the equation, what evidence do you have to suggest this is the case? I can tell of you countless goals conceded this season due to fundamental defending errors by Omozusi...

I think Omozusi is a better defender but Semmy''s pace and will to go forward is what we need! Dont get me wrong, i think Omozusi is a good player, but id just prefer to have Semmy in the side!

Semi is a much better player when he concentrates. The problem is he is prone to lapses in concentration. He was brilliant against the Blades recently but then woeful at southampton when he head was clearly not right.

I am massively unconvinced about Omasuzi and he doe snot offer us the attacking threat Semi does.

Because of that i would prefer to have Semi in the team. yes we get the odd lapse but generally he is good defensively and going forward he can be one of our most potent weapons.

Now remember what the manager said, he sits where he sits and manages the club, and we sit where we sit because we are not him                                               

y