Sign in to follow this  
YGB

ricardo fuller

ive just seen fuller unhappy again he would be an ideal buy big stong good feet great finisher and for about 1.25 mil a good buy

would need to be ´pay as u play` or something as he´s got a dodgy injury, but i agree he is good and perfect hold ball up material - skillful too!

yep i think he was one of only six premiership quality players that i saw last season. this is the list: johnson, harewood, fuller, huckerby, svensson, and mackenzie.
leon (given the chance) will score a lot of goals for us!

I must be in the minority then, because I simply don''t see it with Fuller. He reminded me a lot of Wanchope (but not as good) - tends to get his feet all tangled up with the ball. At FCR last season, yes, he gave Malky a hard time, but his first touch was reminiscent of that of a baby elephant. Sorry, but I think we already have much better strikers in our squad, and I would be mortified if we spent over a million on him......

I have to agree temp - Fuller is big and strong but simply not prem class. The fact that he gave malky the run around shows he is probably a good championship striker but that is it.

Combined with his appalling injury record we should steer well clear of him.

OTBC

I agree with Temp, I would be dissapointed if we spent over £1m for Fuller. I can understand the idea of having him on a "pay as you play" basis but not if you have to spend money on him, that sort of deal is only worth it if it''s a bosman.

He failed a medical at Pompey a couple of weeks back and Harry Redknapp has said there is no way he would pass any clubs medical procedures!

Too much risk in this transfer from the clubs point of view and I''m pretty sure for the money Preston will want we could get better.

I agree with Temp and Silver Fox here. I''ve never seen anything outstanding with Fuller. He''s never really impressed me. Also, he failed TWO medicals at Pompey so I definitely don''t think it would be worth gambling over a million quid on a player who might get injured in the first week!

Keep the faith

I''m sorry people but Fuller is class if u formed your opinions a bit more on how players perform during the season rather than judge them in one game when they play us u would find Fuller is awesome. If Portsmouth get him on pay as u play u will see how good he is. I thought he was terrible in that game at Carrow Road last year but tend to watch alot of other football as well as my beloved team.

Pottsy - me too, if there''s football to be watched, I watch it. I would never judge a player on one performance, but Fuller has NEVER convinced me he is anything more than an average Div 1 player, who can be brilliant on his day, and awful when not. No better than Akinbiyi, IMO, and I don''t think we want him back, do we?