Sign in to follow this  
vendy18

david bell

i only listen 2 the game yesterday on the radio. i was just wondering how well he played when he came on???

from where i was sitting he looked excellent, put some quality balls into the box and looked up for it, which is a cue for someone to say i`m talking rubbish and he was terible

[quote user="wayne kerr"]from where i was sitting he looked excellent, put some quality balls into the box and looked up for it, which is a cue for someone to say i`m talking rubbish and he was terible[/quote]

nope.. he looked the only positive of the day!

[quote user="wayne kerr"]from where i was sitting he looked excellent, put some quality balls into the box and looked up for it, which is a cue for someone to say i`m talking rubbish and he was terible[/quote]

No mate, you got it right. He looks a good player but will need a couple of games to get up to speed.

I fancy he will be a crowd favourite if he can keep fit.

as i though he would. i saw him as a kid down at rushden diamonds and he was a crowd fav their. they loved him.    watch his free kicks as well. truely special.  i was doin back flips when he signed!!!    already got his name on my shirt.   bet i am the only 1 at the mo!!! lol

he looked good.. if he can get his fotness levels up and get in the team and play well for us then we might just have found the asset we can sell off to stave off administration.....oops.. i mean we might have found a gem ;)

jas :)

crofts a better attacking threat as he runs and gets the crowd up

but i can see bell being a player thats creates more chances !

we saw he put in atleast 3 good crosses and a few good through balls, which was more than croft produced

things are looking up, looks like money well spent

I thought his crossing was pretty top-notch when he got the chance. Also ran at his man and beat him a few times, showed good energy and can play all the way across the midfield. Cant wait to see him in a full game!

He looks to have no pace; his crosses also had no pace on them and he didn''t pick out anyone with his delivery. Crofty would have been slated for identical play. That said, Bell seems to be an intelligent footballer when he''s on the ball; perhaps central midfield would be better for him (depending upon his tackling ability).

this is a big thing for me to say but I think crofty should now be used as an impact sub coz bell did look very good. crosses with height and curl, bless him crofty just tends to ping it in. that said, he did play well saturday, but think we only look dangerous when putting quality in the box

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

He looks to have no pace; his crosses also had no pace on them and he didn''t pick out anyone with his delivery. Crofty would have been slated for identical play. That said, Bell seems to be an intelligent footballer when he''s on the ball; perhaps central midfield would be better for him (depending upon his tackling ability).

[/quote]

Weird how people can see things so differently, I thought he whipped a couple of really good crosses in with pace in the time that he was on, certainly looks a better crosser of the ball than Croft who very often hits the man on the near post or puts them to close to the keeper.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Interesting opinion, given the way most people were seemingly very impressed by David Bell and in particular his crossing.

I thought he did look like a good player but I suspect it might be a case that some people were convinced he was going to be a good crosser and so that''s what they saw. He stuck a couple of decent balls into the ox on Saturday but nothing that was really pin point or on the money (well there might have been one that was better than the rest iirc) 

But also I think people have convinced themselves that Lee Croft isn''t a good crosser, which isn''t the case.

At this moment in time I''d have a look at playing them both; Croft wide right and Bell wide left.

[quote user="GJP"]

He stuck a couple of decent balls into the ox

[/quote]

*I meant "box" not "ox"

Thought I better correct myself otherwise people might think David Bell is into weird things.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="GJP"]

He stuck a couple of decent balls into the ox

[/quote]

*I meant "box" not "ox"

Thought I better correct myself otherwise people might think David Bell is into weird things.

[/quote]

Was the Bell already inside the ox before the couple of decent balls?

He only got a small portion of the game so its hard to say how well he did.

Didnt think he had too much speed, yet saying that he didnt lose or give away the ball. One cross was lovely, the rest were floated ala Bertrand. Crofty does get pace on his crosses albeit they could land anywhere. One to look out for is Bell!