Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

why the doom and gloom?

apologies for 2nd post in 5 mins but, I know we''re not setting the world alight but we''ve only lost 2 games this season. 2!!!!!!! and its better than 9 points!!!!yeah I was disappointed saturday, but a point away and a clean sheet is decent enough. now if we can turn a few draws in to wins and who knows? anyway I''m going saturday, we never lose when I go to home games.

can work two ways this arguement. 1. norwich have improved 2. they havnt

1. Points from first 8 games last two seasons

2007                                  2008

7pts                                   10pts

shows norwich have made a steady improvement

2. points from the same fixtures last two seasons

2007                                   2008

12pts                          9pts (no birmingham)

shows norwich vs the same opposition have worse overall points tally than they did last year

i personally think your safer midtable team this season but thats all you will be. i think the problem comes when/if you put together two good results the first thing i read is "promotion" "playoffs" two bad results together "worst norwich side ever" "going down"

i think norwich end season 11-15 position would this be fair? would you take midtable

i said when it all kicked off that if we finish 14th we are slowly heading in the right direction.. walk before you can run.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i said when it all kicked off that if we finish 14th we are slowly heading in the right direction.. walk before you can run.

[/quote]

Agreed. I think we''re upper mid table at best at present, but if Bell comes good , we''re lucky with injuries and we can get Iversen in January then who knows?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I would agree, but there''s a very big proviso.  Our ability to push on from mid table next season depends greatly on whether we can persuade our best loan players to sign permanently (and whether we can afford them which looks unlikely at the moment).  Otherwise we will have to rebuild again with new loan players, another mid table finish with a bit of luck, then mass exodus of loan players and off we go again.

[quote user="Strawberry"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I would agree, but there''s a very big proviso.  Our ability to push on from mid table next season depends greatly on whether we can persuade our best loan players to sign permanently (and whether we can afford them which looks unlikely at the moment).  Otherwise we will have to rebuild again with new loan players, another mid table finish with a bit of luck, then mass exodus of loan players and off we go again.

[/quote]

From the statements today we are not in any sort of good financial situation, and things actually look a lot bleaker than even I had imagined.

The one good thing out of all this is the team are sometimes playing better football.  But things won''t improve on the pitch unless we can get some more quality permanent players in and a settled side week in week out, and that takes money, money which sadly we haven''t got right now.

Unless somebody with a lot of money buys the club there wont be any January signings,  the player budget will be cut from £8.5 million to £5 million next season leaving us weaker than ever and not able to pay decent wages to attract any sort of quality .Maybe all you people who were against Peter Cullum taking over will finally wake up and smell whats in front of you .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Unless somebody with a lot of money buys the club there wont be any January signings,  the player budget will be cut from £8.5 million to £5 million next season leaving us weaker than ever and not able to pay decent wages to attract any sort of quality .Maybe all you people who were against Peter Cullum taking over will finally wake up and smell whats in front of you .
[/quote]

Or maybe they won''t lol [:)]

This statement makes me gloomy and contrary to ND''s assertions does concern me.Mr Doncaster said: “The situation at Carrow Road remains stable, controllable and is not one that should concern supporters.”He said the number of players on short-term contracts or loan deals meant the club could “easily” cut the player wage bill.So we can''t afford to buy players and have to loan them instead but if things get tight we can solve the financial problems by getting rid of the loanees and/or a few perms on short contracts according to Doncaster.

So we can''t afford to buy players and we might soon not be able to afford to loan players, we might even need to release a few players that we do currently own.NCFC 5 a side Southern Counties Champions 2009-2010 anyone?

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]

Maybe all you people who were against Peter Cullum taking over    

[/quote]

Was there a single person against Peter Cullum taking over the club?

Most people''s view (including mine) was that if he wanted the club, he should pay for it and not hang the current owners/shareholders out to dry, in public, to get what he wants on the super-cheap, risking massive disruption to the club. Also, if he loves the club, buy it at the start of the transfer window and do something useful with your oodles of cash, rather than cashing in on potential failure. Finally, he should perhaps have made an actual offer, rather than conducting his private business deals by using the EDP.

So why don''t you give the baloney a rest?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Unless somebody with a lot of money buys the club there wont be any January signings,  the player budget will be cut from £8.5 million to £5 million next season leaving us weaker than ever and not able to pay decent wages to attract any sort of quality .Maybe all you people who were against Peter Cullum taking over will finally wake up and smell whats in front of you .
[/quote]

Or maybe they won''t lol [:)]

[/quote]

We''ve had this conversation many times now, and it will continue untill the likes of Queen Delia and Prince Mick open up thier eyes and sell the club,For the good of the club, yes she has put money into the club, but thats a Directers roll to ensure the firm has funds to work, she won''t go short when If a buyer comes in, But the truth is, the longer she holds on the deeper in trouble we will head, and not even Alex Furgeson could do any better here

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]

Maybe all you people who were against Peter Cullum taking over    

[/quote]

Was there a single person against Peter Cullum taking over the club?

Most people''s view (including mine) was that if he wanted the club, he should pay for it and not hang the current owners/shareholders out to dry, in public, to get what he wants on the super-cheap, risking massive disruption to the club. Also, if he loves the club, buy it at the start of the transfer window and do something useful with your oodles of cash, rather than cashing in on potential failure. Finally, he should perhaps have made an actual offer, rather than conducting his private business deals by using the EDP.

So why don''t you give the baloney a rest?

[/quote]

There were a few on here that wouldn''t have been happy if he''d have taken over.

I agree if he wants the club he should pay the right price, I think Delia and MWJ should leave with a decent amount.

Finally, is it not down to the board to approach PC once he''s said the doors open?  By them not talking to him or approaching him they are cutting off their nose to spite their face a little bit.

What''s so hard about them ringing up PC and saying can we have talks?  They need the money PC has the money, a compromise may or may not have been reached, but there wouldn''t be so much anti Delia and board stuff if they had of at least been seen to try.