Sign in to follow this  
H4H

We want Worthy out - but how i would have him back right now

I think there is still a decent future under Glenn.

But he''s got a lot more to do to live up to the high standards Worthy set.

Glen has a lot to do. I just wish we had of bought him in quicker, rather than wasting our time with newbie Grant who wasted a lot of our money!

I think new investment is a higher priority than a new manager. Roeder needs to be backed, otherwise all other clubs in the division will be one step ahead of us come January.

Personally, I was among the Worthy in parade, and said the day Worthington got sacked that Norwich would go through a spell of four/five managers within the next five to six years. It has happened to other clubs and it will happen to us too. Roeder will either walk due to the club not having the financial strength to back him, or will quit under supporter pressure if the players dont start putting in regular solid performances. 

But if performances dont improve, and with the bleak financial situation, I dont like the look of the future of Norwich City Football Club at the moment.......

Worthington has been our best manager over the last 15 years but it was right he went when he did; to be honest I thought he went too late and could have avoided the rather undignified exit he got had the board had the guts to sack him earlier.Anyway I can''t imagine any manager doing much better with no budget; having said that Roeder has made some bizarre selections recently.

worthy struggled away as well,,,and still does - these days with NI...fraid injuries to clinkers, kennedy, lupes, matty patty, (rusty still recovering) and fozzy/hoolahoops off form means we are performing poorly,,,which is probably impacting on the younger loanees...not good...but hopefully intl break will allow some of these boys to get fit again and back,,,

dont be bloody stupid! worthy was a long ball advocate who encouraged us to sit on leads! we''d be bottom of the league with him here now!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

dont be bloody stupid! worthy was a long ball advocate who encouraged us to sit on leads! we''d be bottom of the league with him here now!

You really are on some mind bending drugs mate, he was the best manager we''ve had for years, he was subjected to the most spiteful, shameful and unjustified hate campaign by so called fans of this club and the reality is the board were forced into sacking him by fan pressure. And all because the bloke had the cheek to finish ninth the year after we were relegated, well fuck me sideways i''d take finishing ninth this season cause that will be a damn site higher than where we''ll finish. By the way remember just a few weeks before he got the boot, 2 nil down to Luton became 3-2 up in about 7 minutes, can you imagine 3 goals in 7 minutes cause i cant imagine 3 goals in 7 fucking games![/quote]

I have had time to re-group since last night and take back what I said! Worthy did us well but GR is doing a tuff job and doing OK!

[quote user="Oli"]I have had time to re-group since last night and take back what I said! Worthy did us well but GR is doing a tuff job and doing OK![/quote]

I’m glad you’ve taken that comment back, because I think it’s his fault we’re in the predicament we find ourselves today! Due to his poor succession of signing and how he got rid of a nucleus of youth

talent and seasoned pro’s!

[quote user="Shaker"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

You really are on some mind bending drugs mate, he was the best manager we''ve had for years, he was subjected to the most spiteful, shameful and unjustified hate campaign by so called fans of this club and the reality is the board were forced into sacking him by fan pressure. And all because the bloke had the cheek to finish ninth the year after we were relegated, well fuck me sideways i''d take finishing ninth this season cause that will be a damn site higher than where we''ll finish. By the way remember just a few weeks before he got the boot, 2 nil down to Luton became 3-2 up in about 7 minutes, can you imagine 3 goals in 7 minutes cause i cant imagine 3 goals in 7 fucking games![/quote]

[/quote]

we were on the downward spiral when worthington left.. throwing away games, the players didnt want to play for him anymore.... and that Luton game was the season before he got the push.... we beat Barnsley 5-1 i think it was then failed to win another game under Nigel worthi9ngton until he was sacked in the october.. how much longer did you want to give him to turn it around? a month? 2?3 even! the players were devoid of confidence, we were shipping goals and losing games and every week Worthington was on the radio saying how he "couldnt fault his players for their efforts today"

even the most staunch worthy fans must admit looking back at the 2nd half of the seaon after relegation and the 1st half of the season atfer that that he had lost the plot....

Peter Thorne on the wing been forgotten by you has it?

I loved worthy when he 1st took over and thought he was an excellent manager.. but the longer it went on the more cluless he became.. we''d of been league 1 if we''d kept him on....

Under the current board, every manager has been pushing a big boulder up a steep hill with one hand tied behind his back.  Worthy made a far better job of it than anyone else before or since.  His departure solved absolutely nothing and the WO campaign was a distraction from the real issues which unfortunately bought the board more time until they finally got found out.

Well sorry to be picky jas but the Luton game was bout 4 /5 games before he got the push, not the previous season, we lost to Leeds then beat Preston and Luton at home, drew at Derby then as you say beat Barnsley 5-1, then yeah agreeded we had a crap September though if i remember right an injury time goal ae Southend denided us a 3-2 win there. Around the end of the previous season we came back from 2 nil down wieh 3 quick goals to beat QPR 3-2 as well, i mean ffs we won something like 7 or 8 home games in a row et the end of that year. Like it or not mate Worthy was the best we''ve had for many a year and the WO mob forced the board to come out with there statement after we''d lost at Plymouth and yeah it was crap and i was there so i know how bad it was but jesus look at the goals we scored and look how bloody boring games are now, sure we knock it about well but THE IDEA IS TO SCORE GOALS MATE!  or am i missing something there.