Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

Cureton....drop him or not

Simply that really, should he keep his place in the squad or not? I believe not and would rather see OJ on the bench and given a chance, he cant do worse than Cureton this season.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Simply that really, should he keep his place in the squad or not? I believe not and would rather see OJ on the bench and given a chance, he cant do worse than Cureton this season.[/quote]curo looks to have lost a yard of pace - and his confidence...if roedy isn''t picking oj ahead of curo - then we can assume the boy isn''t ready yet for the cut and thrust of the champs - but with such a raw talent, will he ever be this season - that was the gamble when we signed him...has arry dropped a plum into glenns lap???

From what I have seen of OJ, he does look like he could have something about him. However if he really is not ready for the challenge of the Championship then GR probably is stuck with a plum on his lap. Maybe he just needs to be given the chance?

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]From what I have seen of OJ, he does look like he could have something about him. However if he really is not ready for the challenge of the Championship then GR probably is stuck with a plum on his lap. Maybe he just needs to be given the chance?[/quote]maybe - curo is on the slide - out of the starting 11, and if he doesn''t perform from the bench soon, maybe out the squad...if oj is young and sensitive type - roedy might choose to have him on the bench for the next away fixture,,,less pressure than when playing in front of huge home crowd???

Could be right, I saw him come on in Cardiff and he did get longer on the pitch than he has ever had at Carrow Road, might be a good way of exposing him to the game.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Simply that really, should he keep his place in the squad or not? [/quote]No, he should not.  But if he gets picked ahead of OJ, I trust that he''s a better option.  I''d start him on the bench every game until OJ learns how to play football.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Simply that really, should he keep his place in the squad or not?
[/quote]

No, he should not.  But if he gets picked ahead of OJ, I trust that he''s a better option.  I''d start him on the bench every game until OJ learns how to play football.
[/quote]

I agree with Mr. Chops.................but isn''t he on the bench anyway now that we can have so many subs? Thought I saw him on wednesday night? Maybe my eyes are geting worse

:(

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mr Magoo"]Simply that really, should he keep his place in the squad or not? [/quote]No, he should not.  But if he gets picked ahead of OJ, I trust that he''s a better option.  I''d start him on the bench every game until OJ learns how to play football.[/quote]

I agree with Mr. Chops.................but isn''t he on the bench anyway now that we can have so many subs? Thought I saw him on wednesday night? Maybe my eyes are geting worse

:(

[/quote]Yep, he was the one who looked like Lawrence of Arabia...[img]http://www.mainandcentral.org/Peter-OToole---Lawrence-of-Arabia--C10103933.jpeg[/img]

Wizard, there was no reference to wednesday in particular, Cureton has not come up with the goods ever sice he transferred here. I think that based on his form for over a season now he simply should not be guaranteed a place in the matchday squad. Nobody else is guaranteed the place, GR likes to talk up competition for places, yet Cureton seems able to appear in the squad regardless of many, many lacklustre performances.

I would personally have him on the bench to bring on if Lupoli isn''t performing. He''s lost his confidence, sadly but all he needs is lots of encouragement and a goal and our Jamie will be back.

I don''t rate Cureton at all, it''s like playing with 10 men when he''s on the pitch. But I''d still have him on the bench in the absence of other options.

OJ is a bit of a worrying one, if he doesn''t start to feature soon then I think Glenn will know he''s signed a duffer.

[quote user="cityangel"]I would personally have him on the bench to bring on if Lupoli isn''t performing. He''s lost his confidence, sadly but all he needs is lots of encouragement and a goal and our Jamie will be back.[/quote]

Back? When was he ever here?

Without doubt drop him, he''s just not bringing anything positive to the side whenever he comes on.Its time to give Koroma a chance, Curo looks finished, everytime he comes on he doesnt contribute a thing

Not sure how anybody can justify Cureton being in the squad - he has not performed and the amount of easy chances he misses is unbelievable. Drop him!

Cureton is past it, and was past it when he joined us. He should only be on the bench in emergencies. He should be dropped ASAP because we are going nowhere with him up front. Mind you, not that we''re going anywhere anyway.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I would personally have him on the bench to bring on if Lupoli isn''t performing. He''s lost his confidence, sadly but all he needs is lots of encouragement and a goal and our Jamie will be back.[/quote]

Back? When was he ever here?

[/quote]

i agree sal, was going to call him a has been but maybe i should call him a never been