Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Credit to the boss

I think Roeder deserves a lot of credit for yesterday''s win.

1) He''s been boasting about how fit the players are, and they proved him right yesterday. Sheff Utd were the better side for about an hour, and we had a lot of ball-chasing to do, but we finished the game really strongly.

2) He set up a decent original formation, with Pattison and Fozzy protecting an inexperienced back-four, and Bertrand protecting the returning Drury. It was all thrown out of kilter by the injury to Pattison, meaning that the patently unfit Russell had to return to midfield, but the original idea was sound.

3) The substitutions were really positive. The team that ended the match was our most attacking XI, with Croft, Hoolahan, Cureton and Sibierski all on the pitch together. It meant that Sheff Utd had settled for the draw.

I thought Roeder got it wrong with his subs against QPR, but full credit to him yesterday. There''s no way I would have predicted a win looking at the two line-ups before the start. Even if it had finished 0-0 I think he would have deserved a lot of credit.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Agree with all you said. However still have to question his loyalty to Fotheringham?[/quote]I agree with that.  I championed Fozzy when he first arrived, he kept the game ticking over and rarely gave the ball away.  He was neat and tidy if not amazing.  I did however expect him to start passing the ball forward and with more purpose the more settled he got but this just hasn''t happened.  He is turning into Safri, who was our best passer but did it all in our half.  It''s not that I think Fozzy is a bad player, he is just not improving.

[quote user="Mr Magoo"]Agree with all you said. However still have to question his loyalty to Fotheringham?[/quote]I htink with a fully fit squad fozzy would struggle for his place, shame that in losing clingan, kennedy and now patterson we''ve lost three of our most consintant performers this term, one of whom would definately have kept foz out

As soon as Clingan is back it will be Fozzy or Rusty on the bench. I think Clingan is a class player and will definately start matches. Russell and Clingan would be my prefered 2 in the middle.

One of Fozzys'' faults on Saturday was that he seemed very relucatant to play quick passes forward, always prefering the sideways or backwards, now that may be because he was bricking it about losing possession as he was receiving it quite deep.   However much more alarming was his inability to seize hold of any of the lose "second" balls in midfield.  I remember one time the ball bouncing over him as he missed it once, and he then failed to collect it again as he very slowly turned round, that sort of thing happened time and time again. 

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

1) He''s been boasting about how fit the players are, and they proved him right yesterday. Sheff Utd were the better side for about an hour, and we had a lot of ball-chasing to do, but we finished the game really strongly.

2) He set up a decent original formation, with Pattison and Fozzy protecting an inexperienced back-four, and Bertrand protecting the returning Drury. It was all thrown out of kilter by the injury to Pattison, meaning that the patently unfit Russell had to return to midfield, but the original idea was sound.

3) The substitutions were really positive. The team that ended the match was our most attacking XI, with Croft, Hoolahan, Cureton and Sibierski all on the pitch together. It meant that Sheff Utd had settled for the draw.

I thought Roeder got it wrong with his subs against QPR, but full credit to him yesterday. There''s no way I would have predicted a win looking at the two line-ups before the start. Even if it had finished 0-0 I think he would have deserved a lot of credit.

[/quote]

Yep spot on Rob I couldn''t agree more , well said....arrdee.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

[/quote]

Good post Robert, couldnt of put it better myself!

stick with roeder he turning you around slowly

only thing which stop roeder doing his job right are

1. fan pressure to improve at faster rate

2. board pressure to improve at faster rate

if roeder given 3years from now turn you around regardless where you finnish as long not relegated then i garuntee norwich city will be top 6 team by end of that spell