Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

NEW CAPTAIN!!!!!

Russell or Dejan! Either will be a fantastic decision and I''m sure Glenn will gain a hell of a lot of respect from the fans for FINALLY giving it to someone who can actually lead a team forward... not sideways!

well dejan did one good pass to croft, who crossed it sideways (yes that is the way to play, there are players on thw ing you idiots) the rest of everyone elses foward passes where crap, exept fozzy

Well, it''s difficult not to agree.Fotheringham should be dropped now, as should Cureton and Omozusi, and ffs field Chadwick or Croft (preferably the former) on the right.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]AT LEAST FOZZY CAN ACTUALLY PASS WHO ELSE CAN?
[/quote]he is captain ffs!!!! his job is not only to pass the ball...GET A GRIP...dejan was constantly belting out orders and organising...THATS WHAT A CAPTAIN SHOULD DO..aswell as play his part on the pitch...take them fozzy tinted glasses of

I''ll tell you else can pass, Cligan, and he is damn sight better than Fotheringham. Russell or Dejan for captain.

take off your fozzy hating glasses, i have said he wasnt putting in effort, so you can get your facts straite first, he didnt seem to care, that dosnt mean he cant pass

No, but Clingan is a better passer, I don''t hate Fotheringham at all, I thought he was half decent last season. But now he has competition, and he doesn''t deserve his place in the team.

What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good! IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.Anywho, that''s my rant... bring on the abuse :)

[quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good!

IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.

Anywho, that''s my rant... bring on the abuse :)
[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!!

Fotheringham is good enough for when we need to play rugby. Him and Doherty get along like a house on fire.. BUT unfortunately we dont play rugby (I believe its because our players are too small).

Seriously though, not saying he''s a bad player but in terms of us playing our best team its got to be Russel and Clink.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good! IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.Anywho, that''s my rant... bring on the abuse :)[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!![/quote]Fozzy is 24, Dejan is 34... Enough said?

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good!

IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.

[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!![/quote]

Fozzy is 24, Dejan is 34... Enough said?
[/quote]dejan is 32

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good! IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.Anywho, that''s my rant... bring on the abuse :)[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!![/quote]Fozzy is 24, Dejan is 34... Enough said?[/quote]dejan is 32[/quote]As much as i don''t want this to turn into a petty arguement, if you want to pick peanuts out of poo he''s actually 33 and will be 34 this year. What do i win?

I''m more amazed Ginger Pele keeps referring back to Fotheringham''s passing ability, which now he has competition is being shown in it''s true light - average!

Nobody can say that Fotheringham has better and more consistent passing ability, strength and determination in midfield than Clingan or Russell.

Lets just face it, Fotheringham IS a good player, but we have players BETTER than him now, that doesn''t make him a terrible awful passer, it just makes him SEEM a terrible awful passer because of the quality that is being shown around him.

Clingan and Russell in midfield and Stefanovic for Captain

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good!

[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!![/quote]

Fozzy is 24, Dejan is 34... Enough said?
[/quote]dejan is 32[/quote]

As much as i don''t want this to turn into a petty arguement, if you want to pick peanuts out of poo he''s actually 33 and will be 34 this year. What do i win?
[/quote]the peanuts....lol...enjoy :0

[quote]I''m more amazed Ginger Pele keeps referring back to Fotheringham''s

passing ability, which now he has competition is being shown in it''s

true light - average![/quote]

To be fair, Carrow Roeder, Ginger Pele has never been the brightest bulb in the pack.Bless ''im.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]well dejan did one good pass to croft, who crossed it sideways (yes that is the way to play, there are players on thw ing you idiots) the rest of everyone elses foward passes where crap, exept fozzy
[/quote]

I have absolutely no idea which game you were watching yesterday but it certainly wasn''t the one being played at Carrow Rd.  As my friend and I, and just about everyone else around us, comented, Fozzy just wasn''t up to it, AGAIN. As for Dejan, as most people here noticed, he had a cracking game.  He bossed the back four, distributed the ball extremely well, and we''re not talking punts up to Curo but building from the back, and hardly but a foot wrong.  When he did make one very poor pass straight to the opposition he was absolutely livid with himself!  He certainly has the attributes and experience to make a good captain but, most of all, HE IS AN AUTOMATIC FIRST CHOICE!  Something which I no longer believe Fozzy is.  How much longer can we keep Rusty on the bench?  He changes the game for the better every time he comes on!

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Lakey"]What difference would it make giving Dejan the captaincy? You''ve all said yourselves he was non-stop chatting and organising at the back, what more would a armband do? Fozzy has become a better player since taking over and losing it after three games wouldn''t do his confidence any good! IMO the team is playing very well, we just need that big man upfront to give us an extra option. I have been very inpressed with Cureton & Lupoli (not as a partnership but individually, creating chances etc.) and i''m sure once they both get their first goals they''ll be no stopping them.Anywho, that''s my rant... bring on the abuse :)[/quote]""what more would an armband do""!!!!! u said it yourself...it made fozzy a better player!!!!![/quote]Fozzy is 24, Dejan is 34... Enough said?[/quote]By that logic, shouldn''t Bertrand be captain?

I''m prepared to take a shoeing for this, but I still rate Fozzy. I think Dejan would make a better captain, though. When we first signed Fozzy (around January 2007 I think?) he was absolutely awful for the remainder of that season, and I couldn''t understand why they renewed his contract in the summer. Last season, though, despite the chaos and second-rate garbage clogging up the team, he stepped into the breach really well and led the side admirably. He was always looking for the ball, and people were always looking to get it to him. His passing was generally good, hardly Crook-like, but still good enough in that team to open the game up and play decent passes out wide. His commitment and enthusiasm was (and is) apparent, and although that isn''t enough on its own, he''s still got a darn sight more talent than Pattison. I''d like to see him given a bit more of a chance personally, although with Bell, Croft, Hoolahan, Chadwick, Russell, Clingan and Please Not Pattison all competing for places, he''s going to need to step up a gear soon. Anyone else fancy defending the guy, or am I on my own here?