Sign in to follow this  
Tony DaWonderful

Bishop not in Bury squad!

I checked this out cos Blackpool put a bid in for Bishop last season. There''s a thread on their forum that reckons he is injured and has missed a few days training. Here:

http://www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=37088&page=3

You all moan about the Boards ambition then you want to sign an average league 2 striker , he wont be good enough .

Bury still managed to win 3-1 away without him so they may not need him away,

I know he is only league 2, but gotta be a better option than what we have and better than Jimmy Floyd who was at the game today

[quote user="FozzyFan"][quote user="DonnysDoom"]

You all moan about the Boards ambition then you want to sign an average league 2 striker , he wont be good enough .

[/quote]

what did wolves or reading fans think then knightly and doyle came in then ?

[/quote] George Best was great too why dont we go get every Irish teenager and sign up , Bishop is 26 if he was any good somebody would have snapped him up by now .

I saw Andy entering the main entrance of the city stand with Neil Doncaster at 1:30 this afternoon...

I didnt really.. i just wanted to build your hopes up before cruelly dashing them :p

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I saw Andy entering the main entrance of the city stand with Neil Doncaster at 1:30 this afternoon...

I didnt really.. i just wanted to build your hopes up before cruelly dashing them :p

Be very carefull now, because I saw Craig Fleming in the gun club before the match  and he could make a come back

[/quote]

[quote user="4-4-2"]

Bury still managed to win 3-1 away without him so they may not need him away,

I know he is only league 2, but gotta be a better option than what we have and better than Jimmy Floyd who was at the game today

[/quote]Was he? are we gonna sign him then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jimmy floyd was probably working for sky....

[/quote]

Or watching us to do a report as we play Cardiff next.

I''m actually warming to the idea of Bishop more come to think of it. He could do what Ashton did for us, and if he doesn''t it''s just a small Strihavkaesque mistake, as in we shouldn''t lose too much money on him. He''ll be wanting to prove himself more than Ameobi or Iversen would, and might just have the edge as an unknown quantity. I know how much they loved him at York, but other than that (well and his 2 goals vs us) i know very little about him. Could be a hidden gem though. Just watched Ashton on MOTD, he was amazing! Especially the first goal! we desperately need a new Ashton for Lupoli to thrive next to, Miller and Phillips style.

Ashton was a £3million player , you want another that good you have to pay the money (i see Bily Sharp notched a hat trick against Qpr Saturday and a few people thought we were lucky not to get him ) Bishop is what he is a 26 year old who has always played in the lower league, ask why if hes so good has no league 1 side been after him let alone Championship clubs.

From what I hear a fair few clubs have sniffed around him but no takers as yet. This also is a mystery as to why no one has come in for a 20 goal a season striker like him. Somethings us mere mortals will never know eh?

Report from  League2RUs.

Indeedy, a fair few clubs have sniffed around him and no doubt have watched the DVD''s and all that but unless you lot know better no one has actually made an offer to Bury FC.

Shome mistake surely as Private Eye would say.  Or not, as the case may be.

He''s nearly 26 and still playing in League Two. Unless you lot and those phoning in to "Haloooooooo,  Neil,  it''s Cynthia from All Saints South Elmham but still bleed Yellow and Green and I hope to move to Norfolk shortly" know better there could be a reason for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Bishop

Crewe dropped out as well.  And his club managed rather well on Saturday without him.  Missed training Thursday (lig strain), trained Friday (twinges) , either decided not to risk or he was having talks/medical in Norwich?

Honestly, if they aren''t out of League 2 by 25 I''m extremely doubtful.[8-|]

Sadly League2RUs but jolly good luck anyway.