Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

SPEND THE MONEY!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="GJP"]Get us Iversen and Ameobi and we''ll be in business.[/quote]

we will get 1.. not both.. Ameobi is too expensive and rubbish.. i want Iversen here!#

jas :)

[/quote]

Ameobi is hardly rubbish. He''d be a massive improvement to our team. No question about that.

[/quote]

how old is he now.. what 26? 27? hes been at newcastle for the best part of a decade and apart froma failed loan spell at Stke lasrt season not one club has been linked with him in the press over the past 10 years.... Good player, or over rated  substitue who other managers have found out?

[/quote]

Good player.

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]

Give GR a break, it''s just the strikers that aren''t coming good. Another change of manager would be a catastrophe for the club. We need to get someone in, but he''s done a good job up to now with the resources he has.

Delia out, PC in = some funds for good players

[/quote]

No he hasn''t. In Grand Old Duke of York fashion he took us up the table and then back down again and but for the luck of playing aq 10-man qpr side with nothing to play for we would probably have been in league one this season.

and those striker''s who are not coming good. who brought them to the club?

[quote user="jetstream"]Chappers - sorry, only joking (in light of the long thread about spelling). 1st Wazzock - let''s just run through that again. GR has a budget and he said he was happy with it, and getting rid of Hucks/Dion freed up wages. We have spent "next to nothing" according to you, so surely you agree that there is money still to be spent. You are agreeing with my logic.[/quote]

Do you honestly think he''d say so publicly if he wasn''t?

Cureton had Dion playing alongside him last season and he didn''t exactly set the world alight then.

We need to PAY for a decent big man..where o where has all the money gone from the players sold.... Green, Ashton, Earnie, Etuhu, McKenzie...not one of those players has been replaced by someone of similar value, even McKenzie. The only money serious money we have spent has been on Marshall.

Actually Fat Fruitman, I think he would.

Doesn''t strike me as the type not to.

I find this quote from today''s PinkUn rather depressing:

"And it''s unlikely a new striker will be in the side for Saturday''s home clash against Blackpool after Roeder admitted he was no nearer to securing a deal for a forward, believed to be Norwegian front man Steffen Iversen."

Doncaster needs to pull his finger out and get on with making the deal happen.

Whether it''s Iversen, Ameobi, Beckford or anyone else Roeder has targetted to bring in, the fact remains, as the thred title suggests, we need to spend the money to bring in a proven striker. Our current strikers just aren''t doing the business, and from what I''ve heard of match reports, we are dominating games and creating chances, so our midfield is doing their job. We seem to have a host of talent in the middle, just nothing up front, and unless Cureton, Lupoli and Koroma suddenly click into action, the board need to take a gamble on paying out for a decent proven striker, whether target man or not, someone who can finish is much needed.

Roeder''s post match text says ''those scoring in training aren''t doing it in games'', training is a non pressure environment, games have matters at stake - so to re-iterate the point, the board need to spend to bring in a striker - otherwise, if this carries on, we''re facing another season of struggle.

He scored FOURTEEN goals in a bad team.   I would say that was setting the world alight personally in our reality.

Cureton had Dion playing alongside him last season and he didn''t exactly set the world alight then.

We need to PAY for a decent big man..where o where has all the money gone from the players sold.... Green, Ashton, Earnie, Etuhu, McKenzie...not one of those players has been replaced by someone of similar value, even McKenzie. The only money serious money we have spent has been on Marshall.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="jetstream"]"According too* doncaster the board have funded all the players this season out of there** own pockets!" I do wish people would let this go. if Cullum had put his £20m in the very same players would have been funded out of his ''own pockets''. What''s the difference? I can''t believe Glenn has spent his entire budget yet, there''s money set aside for a striker....so spend it! * to ** their (to follow up on the ''Spilling and Grammr" thread ;o)[/quote]

We have spent next to nothing, all this crap about its come of of the directors pockets. What about about all the money that has been saved on wages. Hucks and Dion probably earned a few bob and to that end we have spent virtually nothing.

When it has come to buying some quality the board have done their usual and sat on their hands, another game or two with no goals and we''ll be hearing ''Delia out''

[/quote]

can''t wait that long Delia out now

Why do people think we are waiting on Iverson instead of getting Ameobi in , its money whats Iverson going to cost ? a nearly 32 year old playing in a league similar to league 1 over here , i would guess around £300,000 .Cheap option as always .

Ameobi may ell be overrated but we need a striker, and as already stated we are at the stage when we just want someone.  SA would improve our squad, even if it is with his physical presence alone, he would offer us another option upfront.  People that still think JC will score 20 + goal if we sign a target man are crazy, he is past it and had a one or two good seasons in this league.  I think people stick up for him because he supposedly bleed yellow and green.  IMO it is easy for a player to say how much he loves the club, its an easy way to get the fans of your back for being an average player.  I personally think he hates it hear since his return, after all he thinks he is great and all he has got is stick from the fans.  Anyway back to the point, we need to sign a big striker and soon, SA or SI will do, both would be fantastic.

Now if you think about things rationally, (I know that''s difficult for some people on here...) there is money to spend. Fiorentina were the club, not us, that said they turned down a ''bid'' from us for Lupoli because they didn''t want to sell him, prefering him to go on loan. Now I don''t think that bid would have been particularly small, it''s just a case of Roeder identifying the player he wants to bring in and hopefully getting him. Rosenborg are a nightmare to deal with as a club according to Fulham, so it''s no surprise that (if it is Iversen) the new striker is taking so long to come in...

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Why do people think we are waiting on Iverson instead of getting Ameobi in , its money whats Iverson going to cost ? a nearly 32 year old playing in a league similar to league 1 over here , i would guess around £300,000 .Cheap option as always .
[/quote]

Is this the same Rosenborg that regualrly qualifies for the Champions League? Have you even watched any Norwegian football?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we will get 1.. not both.. Ameobi is too expensive and rubbish.. i want Iversen here!#

[/quote]

Ameobi is hardly rubbish. He''d be a massive improvement to our team. No question about that.

[/quote]

how old is he now.. what 26? 27? hes been at newcastle for the best part of a decade and apart froma failed loan spell at Stke lasrt season not one club has been linked with him in the press over the past 10 years.... Good player, or over rated  substitue who other managers have found out?

[/quote]

Good player.

[/quote]

how come he hasnt moved on and proved it then?

[quote user="jetstream"]Actually Fat Fruitman, I think he would. Doesn''t strike me as the type not to. I

[/quote]

I daresay he is the type, but football management is a precarious business and speaking out against your employers is poison when it comes to getting another job.  Word gets around.  It''s an indictment of the feudalism that still pervades the boardroom culture, but that''s the reality of the situation imo. 

Whatever you think of Mike Newell, the things he said about dodgy dealings at Luton Town didn''t tell half the story, as recent events have shown, but it''s very unlikely he will ever find another job in professional football management.  He''s a mouthy git but so is Warnock, the difference is that Warnock speaks out against referees not his employers.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good player.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How come he hasn''t been shipped out of Newcastle yet? All the years he''s been there if he was "rubbish" they''d have got rid of him along time ago.

Having watched Shola play for Newcastle over the years I just think he''d be a terrific signing for us.

Vast improvement on what we''ve got.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good player.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How come he hasn''t been shipped out of Newcastle yet? All the years he''s been there if he was "rubbish" they''d have got rid of him along time ago.

Having watched Shola play for Newcastle over the years I just think he''d be a terrific signing for us.

Vast improvement on what we''ve got.

[/quote]

the same reason Steve Harper was there for so long...never getting a game yet happy to draw a massive wage... I want a proven goalscorer... not someone who might come good! we cant afford the Risk!

I dont buy the fact they would of got rid along time ago.. Newcastle relied on she-ra up front for so long, Owen was always injured and Viduka was hit and miss... Sure they had Martins for a short time but Ameobi always found himself on the bench due to injuries to better layers.. thats why they didnt get rid.. he hardly played though did he?

But even as backup they wouldn''t have kept him unless they thought he could do a job. A bit like Steve Harper.

I don''t see Newcastle signing the likes of Jamie Cureton or even Steffen Iversen as backup to players with the quality of Shearer and Owen.

Anyways, I''ve seen Ameobi play enough times to know a bit about his game and I''m very confident he''d be a top player for us.

Especially if we signed someone like Iversen or Sibierski to play alongside him.

[quote user="GJP"]

But even as backup they wouldn''t have kept him unless they thought he could do a job. A bit like Steve Harper.

I don''t see Newcastle signing the likes of Jamie Cureton or even Steffen Iversen as backup to players with the quality of Shearer and Owen.

Anyways, I''ve seen Ameobi play enough times to know a bit about his game and I''m very confident he''d be a top player for us.

Especially if we signed someone like Iversen or Sibierski to play alongside him.

[/quote]

you may be right.. but asides the point.. where the hell are we going to get the roumoured 3.5 million from?

It grows on trees, mate. Everyone knows that.

Am I right in saying he''s out of contract next summer? If so they''ll never get £3m+ upfront for him. Unless Chelsea, Liverpool or Ipswich plan on buying him.