Sign in to follow this  
Leftfootdad

Transfer budget

So GR was quoted as saying he was happy with his transfer budget, yet he says he''s only spent £250K on Hoolahan and £400K on Bell. Was Stefanovic paid for by members of the Board? Quote from GR on Fri 18th Jul..."I''m very grateful for the financial contribution from Delia and Michael, Andrew and Sharon Turner and Michael Foulger in making these deals possible..."

Where has all the money gone? Makes you wander just how much we had in the first place and whether there''s actually much left. Will we have any in reserve come the January transfer window?

We won''t spend in January because everyone knows that''s when club''s ask for inflated fees. Instead we''ll hold onto the budget and add to it from January player sales so that we have a good budget for the summer when players are cheaper(?). At least that was the plan last January if i remember rightly!!

[quote user="crafty canary"]We won''t spend in January because everyone knows that''s when club''s ask for inflated fees. Instead we''ll hold onto the budget and add to it from January player sales so that we have a good budget for the summer when players are cheaper(?). At least that was the plan last January if i remember rightly!![/quote]

...and who do you think we might sell come January...?

and if we''re struggling come January or just in with a shout of pushing for a play off place, we''ll sit still in the market?

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]

Where has all the money gone?

[/quote]Seen the wage bill?There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]

So GR was quoted as saying he was happy with his transfer budget, yet he says he''s only spent £250K on Hoolahan and £400K on Bell. Was Stefanovic paid for by members of the Board? Quote from GR on Fri 18th Jul..."I''m very grateful for the financial contribution from Delia and Michael, Andrew and Sharon Turner and Michael Foulger in making these deals possible..."

Where has all the money gone? Makes you wander just how much we had in the first place and whether there''s actually much left. Will we have any in reserve come the January transfer window?

[/quote]

Wonder if we made a serious bid for Lupoli?

Does it make sense to get your cheapies in first so as to not inflate the price of future signings?

...maybe Glenn is keeping powder dry for proven striking ability(which doesn''t come cheap)

then again maybe not....but he sure has spent relatively little, very well

or so I hope [;)]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

Seen the wage bill?

There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already
[/quote]

Same old same old.

In January its, "we are waiting to spend in the summer."

In the summer its, "we are keeping it back until January".

Dream on, there is no money to spend unless we sell first or borrow more.

And that''s my point. Why did the Board have to "entirely fund" the transfer of Stefanovic? Was this becuase he had no money left in the transfer pot or they were trying to make a statement to Mr Cullum following his failed bid to take control of the club?

[/quote]Seen the wage bill?There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already[/quote]Seen the wage bill?No but I did read Mr Doncaster in his "black hole" speech stating that they''d managed to reduce it significantly in the last 12 months (£1.5m+ i believe), losing another 17 players or so since should help expecially as higher earners were shown the door first. Mind you with 200 odd employees of whom fewer than 40 are players there''s scope for some more cost cutting. It''s not long ago we ran the same club with half that number of staff. I think with a small squad and a reputation as being not particularly high payers our wage bill for the team isn''t too bad at all by todays standards.

There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in alreadyCare to elaborate?

[quote user="colneycanary"]There must be at least 1 million left because thats what we bid for Carroll which was rejected.[/quote]We do have a history of bidding for players and then the money never actually appearing.

[quote user=" Ralph Wright"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

Seen the wage bill?

There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already
[/quote]

Seen the wage bill?

No but I did read Mr Doncaster in his "black hole" speech stating that they''d managed to reduce it significantly in the last 12 months (£1.5m+ i believe), losing another 17 players or so since should help expecially as higher earners were shown the door first. Mind you with 200 odd employees of whom fewer than 40 are players there''s scope for some more cost cutting. It''s not long ago we ran the same club with half that number of staff. I think with a small squad and a reputation as being not particularly high payers our wage bill for the team isn''t too bad at all by todays standards.

Care to elaborate?

And who might this be????? What information do you have?

[/quote]

[quote user=" Ralph Wright"]We do have a history of bidding for players and then the money never actually appearing.[/quote]Whoooaa.. When have we ever had a bid accepted and not found the money? Thats not a rep any business would wantNo I wont elaborate on the player who''s agreed to sign in January (though I can guarantee you''ll be pi55ed off)And I suggest you check the wage bill on the accounts next time around. they have not gone down

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]Seen the wage bill?There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already[/quote]

Same old same old.

In January its, "we are waiting to spend in the summer."

In the summer its, "we are keeping it back until January".

Dream on, there is no money to spend unless we sell first or borrow more.

[/quote]yep - sell first i reckon - i see rusty is on the bench today - cud he be off???

No I wont elaborate on the player who''s agreed to sign in January (though I can guarantee you''ll be pi55ed off)

That''s because you DON''T KNOW!

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user=" Ralph Wright"]We do have a history of bidding for players and then the money never actually appearing.[/quote]Whoooaa.. When have we ever had a bid accepted and not found the money? Thats not a rep any business would wantNo I wont elaborate on the player who''s agreed to sign in January (though I can guarantee you''ll be pi55ed off)And I suggest you check the wage bill on the accounts next time around. they have not gone down[/quote]That''s not what I meant but I didn''t make it particularly clear. What I mean is that we put in bids for players which are never going to be enough to win the player and this money then disappears. The logic is strange because if we need a player and bid say £2.5m for them, are unsuccesful then surely we still need a player of that calibre?Bid for Sharpe- Lose- money disappears but "we must have at least that much because we bid for him".Bid for Taylor-Lose-money disappears but "we must have at least that much because we bid for him" Get the pattern? We haven''t spent as much as we supposdly bid for Taylor all Summer despite releasing something like 17 players. You do have to wonder at times."We are now in an extremely challenging position," said Norwich City''s

chief executive Neil Doncaster. "The environment for clubs, like

ourselves, who are trying to compete with in the Championship without

these parachute payments is very difficult indeed." NCFC turnover was

posted at £23.8m, while gate receipts increased by £100,000 to £7.7m

due to increased season ticket revenue. Profit on player trading fell

from £6.2m to £2,5m, but wage bill for the squad was cut by £1.6m.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user=" Ralph Wright"]

We do have a history of bidding for players and then the money never actually appearing.
[/quote]

Whoooaa.. When have we ever had a bid accepted and not found the money? Thats not a rep any business would want

No I wont elaborate on the player who''s agreed to sign in January (though I can guarantee you''ll be pi55ed off)

And I suggest you check the wage bill on the accounts next time around. they have not gone down
[/quote]

How on earth would you know what the wage bill has been doing lately?  The last accounts covered until May 2007 so we don`t know the situation for the last year and three months and won`t until October i believe. 

The last accounts showed a drastically lower player wage bill but overall wages about the same due to a ridiculous non-football wage bill.  Where do you think the problem might be?

[/quote]

Seen the wage bill?

[/quote]

May i just ask how you''ve seen the current Wage bill Walph? If you work for the Board than you clearly have some form of loyalty towards them be it a finacial reward or friendship, but you really do not see things the same way as a worried TRUE supporter of the BADGE that is NCFC.

It doesn''t take a genius to work out he is just employing guess work here.

I think the player who is guessing could be one Derek Riordan, who can sign a pre-contract in December.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]

Seen the wage bill?

[/quote]

May i just ask how you''ve seen the current Wage bill Walph? If you work for the Board than you clearly have some form of loyalty towards them be it a finacial reward or friendship, but you really do not see things the same way as a worried TRUE supporter of the BADGE that is NCFC.

[/quote]

Care to answer me walph, or are you doing your usual trick off running away then coming back as a different person.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Leftfootdad"]

[/quote]Seen the wage bill?There''s still enough for a good spree in January.... one names penned in already[/quote]

May i just ask how you''ve seen the current Wage bill Walph? If you

work for the Board than you clearly have some form of loyalty towards

them be it a finacial reward or friendship, but you really do not see

things the same way as a worried TRUE supporter of the BADGE that is

NCFC.

[/quote]

Care to answer me walph, or are you doing your usual trick off running away then coming back as a different person.

[/quote]

I wasn''t sure you were right when I read your "multiple user name"

thread, but after reading Atalanta''s comments on this thread I reckon

you''re bang on, Arthur... good spot!