Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Our "Premiership Quality" Players...

Who would you say apart from the obvious being Stefano, Omoz and Bertrand, are the 2/3 Premiership Quality players in the squad that Roeder insisted were needed to secure a definite push for promotion... also who realistically is left in the striker department that comes under his Roeder-Requirement of Premiership quality that we could snap up in time!?

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Who would you say apart from the obvious being Stefano, Omoz and Bertrand, are the 2/3 Premiership Quality players in the squad that Roeder insisted were needed to secure a definite push for promotion... also who realistically is left in the striker department that comes under his Roeder-Requirement of Premiership quality that we could snap up in time!?[/quote]in betweenies he said actually

Marshall maybe... I would say he could make the step up. If he can improve his defensive game I think Otsemobor would make it too... I cant think of any more this late!

As for strikers...

Theres still a chance for Shola Ameobi to join, and if not we could move onto the next target which is Shola Ameobi. Failing that, theres always Shola Ameobi or at a push we could go for Shola Ameobi.                 Have I missed anyone...?

You missed that Newcastle player, you know what''s his name the one that''s been signing for months

I think you are referring to "the inbetweenies", the ones Roeder believes have enough quality to succeed in this division, but not enough quality to succeed in a side capable of survival in the Premiership.I think the players that fall into the "inbetweenie" category are:David MarshallJon OtsemoborRyan BertrandDejan StefanovicWes HoolahanThe players that are capable of this, but have not played enough to prove it, or just need a bit more practice and refining are:Lee Croft Arturo LupoliElliot OmozusiDavid BellBut looking at it we are yet to gain a forward of an "inbetweenie" standard. Rigters, Ameobi and Rasiak would be though i believe if we were to obtain any of them.

Players potentially good enough areBertrand (give it a year or 2)Hoolahan, (could make the step up, as he hasn''t failed any challenge he''s had yet)Bell (see above)Lupoli (as wenger would put it, he has excellent foundations, a great first and second floor, just needs the roof and he''ll be quality (comparing player development to house building!)Marshall (would get in a lower prem team alreadyOmosuzi (see bertrand)Stefanovic (maybe could have hacked another year there at say Stoke or Hull)Mystery new target man (will have premiership quality hopefully)Pattison (played a few times for Newcastle, maybe has something a lot of us haven''t seen yet!)Clingan (potential to move up if he does well here)despite this, i still rate Fozzy as my favourite current player, because of his work rate, mentality and desire, even if he''s not our most technically gifted players

I think people forget that you dont have to be technically gifted to make a "quality" or even good premiership player. I would never have put the likes of Savage or Mills in the technacilly gifted bracket but they have made a career for themselves in the top league.I think Shackell did more than keep his head above water in that league.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Players potentially good enough areBertrand (give it a year or 2)Hoolahan, (could make the step up, as he hasn''t failed any challenge he''s had yet)Bell (see above)Lupoli (as wenger would put it, he has excellent foundations, a great first and second floor, just needs the roof and he''ll be quality (comparing player development to house building!)Marshall (would get in a lower prem team alreadyOmosuzi (see bertrand)Stefanovic (maybe could have hacked another year there at say Stoke or Hull)Mystery new target man (will have premiership quality hopefully)Pattison (played a few times for Newcastle, maybe has something a lot of us haven''t seen yet!)Clingan (potential to move up if he does well here)despite this, i still rate Fozzy as my favourite current player, because of his work rate, mentality and desire, even if he''s not our most technically gifted players[/quote]This is such nonsense.You''re talking about players you haven''t seen play (Omusuzi), players we haven''t signed yet ("mystery target man"), you''re suggesting Pattison is premier quality (did you see him play last year?  He makes Russell look like Ronaldinho), and Bell didn''t do too well at Leicester, or Luton (miles away from the premiership).I''m all for positive thinking and all that, but you''re delusional.

[quote user="John"]The players that are capable of this, but have not played enough to prove it, or just need a bit more practice and refining are:Lee Croft [/quote]Capable of what?  All Croft can do is beat his man, chug along down the wing and then cross it into the crowd in the style of a slightly overweight, white Tony Daley.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Players potentially good enough are

Bertrand (give it a year or 2)
Hoolahan, (could make the step up, as he hasn''t failed any challenge he''s had yet)
Bell (see above)
Lupoli (as wenger would put it, he has excellent foundations, a great first and second floor, just needs the roof and he''ll be quality (comparing player development to house building!)
Marshall (would get in a lower prem team already
Omosuzi (see bertrand)
Stefanovic (maybe could have hacked another year there at say Stoke or Hull)
Mystery new target man (will have premiership quality hopefully)
Pattison (played a few times for Newcastle, maybe has something a lot of us haven''t seen yet!)
Clingan (potential to move up if he does well here)

despite this, i still rate Fozzy as my favourite current player, because of his work rate, mentality and desire, even if he''s not our most technically gifted players
[/quote]

Bertrand is Premiership class.

Hoolahan - we cant say anything really...

Bell - not sure to be honest.. something tells me he could be a good plyer for us, another nagging doubt is that he could end up back in league 1 or 2 in a few years.

Lupoli - his goal ratio is poor.... Please PLEASE lets hope he gets it right!

Marshall - not premiership class im afraid, a flapper with poor distribution.

Omozusi - will probably play at the highest levbel if he meets his potential.

Pattison - sorry but he is poor... low level championship at best.. he is almost identical in play to Andy Hughes.

clingan - a good championship player i think.

jas :)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Players potentially good enough are

Hoolahan, (could make the step up, as he hasn''t failed any challenge he''s had yet)
Bell (see above)
Lupoli (as wenger would put it, he has excellent foundations, a great first and second floor, just needs the roof and he''ll be quality (comparing player development to house building!)
Omosuzi (see bertrand)
Pattison (played a few times for Newcastle, maybe has something a lot of us haven''t seen yet!)

despite this, i still rate Fozzy as my favourite current player, because of his work rate, mentality and desire, even if he''s not our most technically gifted players
[/quote]

This is such nonsense.
You''re talking about players you haven''t seen play (Omusuzi), players we haven''t signed yet ("mystery target man"), you''re suggesting Pattison is premier quality (did you see him play last year?  He makes Russell look like Ronaldinho), and Bell didn''t do too well at Leicester, or Luton (miles away from the premiership).

I''m all for positive thinking and all that, but you''re delusional.

[/quote]

Didn''t he??

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

Didn''t he??

[/quote]Did he?Leicester got relegated, so I''m guessing he didn''t set the midfield alight.  Luton were in League One, now League Two - bit of a step up to the Prem, isn''t it?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

Didn''t he??

[/quote]

Did he?

Leicester got relegated, so I''m guessing he didn''t set the midfield alight.  Luton were in League One, now League Two - bit of a step up to the Prem, isn''t it?

[/quote]

Far from it. Played very well at Leicester but one player can''t keep a team up - not in 6 games anyhow! Highly rated at Luton too - won a couple of awards in the last couple of seasons.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3593137,00.html

I''ve not seen him enough to make a judgement on his performances myself and can only go on what I have read but I''m fed up of people writing players off just because they don''t know enough about them themselves.

Give the guys a chance.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

Didn''t he??

[/quote]Did he?Leicester got relegated, so I''m guessing he didn''t set the midfield alight.  Luton were in League One, now League Two - bit of a step up to the Prem, isn''t it?[/quote]

Far from it. Played very well at Leicester but one player can''t keep a team up - not in 6 games anyhow! Highly rated at Luton too - won a couple of awards in the last couple of seasons.

I''ve not seen him enough to make a judgement on his performances myself and can only go on what I have read but I''m fed up of people writing players off just because they don''t know enough about them themselves.

Give the guys a chance.

[/quote]I''m not writing him off.  I''m saying I don''t think we can call him a "Premiership Quality" player without seeing him play and that hyping players up before they''ve been properly seen is a recipe for disappointment.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rusty Steele"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

Didn''t he??

[/quote]

Did he?

Leicester got relegated, so I''m guessing he didn''t set the midfield alight.  Luton were in League One, now League Two - bit of a step up to the Prem, isn''t it?

[/quote]

Give the guys a chance.

[/quote]

I''m not writing him off.  I''m saying I don''t think we can call him a "Premiership Quality" player without seeing him play and that hyping players up before they''ve been properly seen is a recipe for disappointment.

[/quote]

Agreed! But lets be a little more optimistic about our signings (and hope last year was just a blip - signings wise). I trust Roeder and Clark to be able to pick a player...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Lupoli - his goal ratio is poor.... Please PLEASE lets hope he gets it right!

Pattison - sorry but he is poor... low level championship at best.. he is almost identical in play to Andy Hughes.

[/quote]First:
  1. For Derby he actually played most of the season on the wing. 7 goals for a winger isn''t bad.
  2. Pattison is not as bad as everyone thinks he is. Yes, he is more about work rate than quality, but the quality is there and he is one of very few players who I think offer us true box to box ability. He has reasonable defensive abilities and has a great positional sense. He can also pull off some difficult passing. His big problem is picking out the simple passes, and unfortunately people like Jas remember that inability before all his strengths. Which is a big shame to me. He''s not and I doubt ever will be Premiership quality - but he quite comfortably adds something to this squad and is IMO not as bad as Andy Hughes.
  3. While we''re on it, Andy Hughes >>>>>>>>> Carl Robinson, IMO.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Players potentially good enough are

Bell (see above)
Omosuzi (see bertrand)

[/quote]

Yes and when fozzy can play for more than 20 mins he might be even better

Pattison still confuses me at times! As far as I remember his first game for us he took the spotlight on the left wing, excellent balls into the box and set up both goals If i remember right... soon as he put pen to paper (he was on loan first right??)... he, well... lost it big time and his passing was dreadful for the rest of the campaign!

Get some of that early flare back Matty!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Marshall - not premiership class im afraid, a flapper with poor distribution.

[/quote]

There''s room for improvement but I reckon they''ll be 2 or 3 worse goalkeepers than David Marshall in the Premier League this season.

Oh dear do some people really think we have Premier class players in our squad , even the loans are here because they are not good enough for the top flight yet .

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Oh dear do some people really think we have Premier class players in our squad , even the loans are here because they are not good enough for the top flight yet .
[/quote]

shut up

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Oh dear do some people really think we have Premier class players in our squad , even the loans are here because they are not good enough for the top flight yet .
[/quote]

I think it''s plainly obvious there are potentially Premiership players in the squad. I think most if not all Champ sides have them.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Who would you say apart from the obvious being Stefano, Omoz and Bertrand, are the 2/3 Premiership Quality players in the squad that Roeder insisted were needed to secure a definite push for promotion... also who realistically is left in the striker department that comes under his Roeder-Requirement of Premiership quality that we could snap up in time!?[/quote]Stefanovich looked about as Premiership class as Shackell tonight... slow, off the pace, caught out for three goals.Marshall let in loads but had a good game... our back 4 was laughable and when you think Shackell and Doc are standing by to come in, I don''t get a warm glow.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Pattison is not as bad as everyone thinks he is. Yes, he is more about work rate than quality, but the quality is there and he is one of very few players who I think offer us true box to box ability. He has reasonable defensive abilities and has a great positional sense. He can also pull off some difficult passing. [/quote]Put your eyes back in, son.

only stafano is the genuine prem/champs inbetweenie in my book, but that when he''s fully fit and on his A game.hooley, plastic, the new right back, and lupoli - probably have the ability to be, but at the mo - no not for me.  they are talented, but have to prove it, and consistently this season.  plastic gave 2 such games at left back last term, but this seaosn, he needs to be doing it week in and week out.  fozzy and russell look good, until the play against the top teams, and then they are found out.  as for bell and clinkers, they need to step up, do they have the promise to be top6 players in this league??? showing it week in, week out???lupoli - showed great early promise in his career,  did well at derby - but has done boss all since.  has the boy got it in him to bounce back and progress his game...we all know  some  young''uns just don''t train on...hooley could be the one who steps up and makes the grade, but at the mo - he''s got it all to prove - for me hucks was coming back to a good standard when he got ditched...12 clubs after him says it all, how many came in for the doc???delia can hug fry all she likes,  but for my money,  we''re still short of THREE or FOUR genuine inbetweenies - lets face it,  roedy has been forced to go for promising boys, hoping he can get the best out of them...sure, they''re better than the green''uns that nearly did for him in jan window, but they all need to up a gear to get us challenging in some shape and form...but, if they don''t make the grade, and stefano struggles and sulks under roedy, we could struggle - make no mistake><?