Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Next Season - Leading scorer?

Ok, if we start the season with the players we have now, who will be our leading scorer?

I will guess the following;

Chris Martin = 16 goals (Something to prove, his touch will come back)

Jamie Cureton = 12 goals (Used more as a super sub, still getting his fair share)

Hoolighan = 8 goals (Good first season at club, few from free kicks)

What do you think?

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Hoolahan very rarely scores .
[/quote]

Which just makes it even more hilariously depressing really doesn''t it.

So good that it took emergency loans and some luck to keep us in the Championship.I am really beginning to wonder what some of you people are sniffing.  We have exactly what we ended last season with minus a few and that is the same squad that only avoided relegation by a nats chuff.[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Everyone is so negative, we still have a good squad even though a thin one!![/quote]

[quote user="JC"]So good that it took emergency loans and some luck to keep us in the Championship.

I am really beginning to wonder what some of you people are sniffing.  We have exactly what we ended last season with minus a few and that is the same squad that only avoided relegation by a nats chuff.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Everyone is so negative, we still have a good squad even though a thin one!![/quote][/quote]well said.....if we dont see faces soon...well i think we all no we are in the shi*e....if u look at the post"i will sign today" we have plenty of free transfer targets...lol....that looks like all we can afford

I agree we do have a decent squad we have good wingers (croft, hoolahan, chadwick, pattison etc.) a good goalie (marshall) and decent centre mids (clingan.russell, fozzy, pattison) we just need to buy some defenders and strikers then we will have a good team

[quote user="JC"]So good that it took emergency loans and some luck to keep us in the Championship.

I am really beginning to wonder what some of you people are sniffing.  We have exactly what we ended last season with minus a few and that is the same squad that only avoided relegation by a nats chuff.

[quote user="Dogger Slipraid"]Everyone is so negative, we still have a good squad even though a thin one!![/quote][/quote]

After reading the EDP pull-out of the 92/93 season today it reminded me when after the 91/92 season after we just avoided relelgation we kept the same team for the following season with the exemption of Robins and Megson but we finished 3rd!!

So you never know!!!

OMG, this thread brings it all depressingly home. Just a few weeks till kick off and another day has gone by with no sight of a signing.  Our hopes therefore are presently pinned on Jamie rediscovering his form and Chris Martin sorting his life out. Both might well happen, but those signings have got to come soon or realistically we''re stuffed before we start. Does any one  remember the olden days when pre-seasons were full of hope for a great year or nostalgia getting the better of me?!

We do not have a decent squad , this group of players has relegation written all over it , its probably the weakesk squad in about 50 years no quality at all .

50 years, doubt you have supported the team for 50 years, stop feeling sorry for yourselves, we are are just short on players, we will be ok!!

Striker 1 - 20 goalsCureton - 8 goalsStriker 2 - 8 goalsMartin - 6 goalsClingan (the free kick man) - 4Gow or similar player - 4 goalsCentre Back 1 - 4Hoolahan - 3Croft, Fozzy, Rusty, Doc, Shacks, Bertrand - 2Centre Back 2 - 1Daley - 1Drury - 1Otsemobor - 1Pattison - 1Spillane - 1O.G. - 3leaves us with 33 goals still to buy this transfer windowTotal of 70 goals + 10 from other unanticipated signings/youth in all cometitions

We are just short of players lmfao thats only a minor problem then when your talking about a football team . We lack quality first time i think i can ever remember Norwich not having players that top flight teams wanted to sign , in fact if it wasnt for Wolves being interested in Shackell we wouldnt have any Championship sides want either .

Leicester''s defensive record wasn''t at all that bad last year. Their achilles heel was that they just couldn''t score goals and as a result they got relegated. So Roeder has got to come up with the goods, but then I''m sure he knows that already.  [:)]

I think Shackell will score the most.  We have video evidence of him scoring in the US.

No idea who''ll be getting us the goals this year.

When does it stop being ''next season'' and become ''this season''.  Utterly pointless subject I know but I''ve often wondered.