Sign in to follow this  
yoda

delia

after a week of anomosity towards delia and her husband i think its worth remembering what a state this club was in when they took over , and the fans shouldnt forget that or get blinded by so called offers from mr cullum . i know for a fact that what he was offering was derisery , not to mention the wish to be paid interest on any money loaned , so he is far from " the boyhood city fan " any true fan would offer the club decent money with no strings attached , which he was not . delia may not be perfect but right now she is all we have .

Bugger me Yoda!Good to hear from you old pal, Have you a new season ticket elsewhere now after giving them up?I thought you was firmly against the current board and had enough?Its not the same in the Pit without you and your sons hair to mess up!! [:D][;)]If you have any meaty info feel free to E-Mail me the details, May even swing my current stance!! Steve has given up his ticket now.

hi mate , hope your''e keeping well !  no im more the casual fan now . im like a lot people , not too happy with the board as a whole on many things , however i have sympathy with delia atm , as she is now seen as the wicked witch , while cullum is some kind of knight in shining armour which is bollocks . he offered bugger all in reality but its her thats copping the stick .

Some sense on here - at last - amongst all the Delia Out stickers. Sorry, but NCFC would now, very easily, be in League 2 without Delia and her husband over the last decade. Its been grim over the last few years but that is the experience of the majority of clubs outside the Premiership - Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed.....

Money down a black hole, thats what we have expected from Delia Smith over the last few years. And she has delivered. Which means she has a right to state her terms when others come calling with specific pots of cash linked to specific terms of their own. SO easy to say to the fans as a whole "Ive got £20 million, but the Board doesnt want it". And Archant - You are selling papers on the back of all of this - fair enough - but lets have more balance to the reporting.

I believe if the Club is genuinely losing money year after year, he may be offering her a way out? She does not have many bargaining chips at present and its a dog eat dog world. She might be letting her own personal pride from saving her position given the financial world at present.I am most concerned about the state of the playing squad which looks destined for League 1 to me, This can only do her more harm and I see him as a man that has the clout in todays climate to give us a real chance to compete?I think she should swallow her pride and walk myself. Otherwise I only see her in a worse position than at present.I was there for the Chase riots and hope we dont get back to that. But the football side must come first or we could soon find ourselves in a position from which the club cannot recover sooner than we think?

[quote user="yoda"]

after a week of anomosity towards delia and her husband i think its worth remembering what a state this club was in when they took over , and the fans shouldnt forget that or get blinded by so called offers from mr cullum . i know for a fact that what he was offering was derisery , not to mention the wish to be paid interest on any money loaned , so he is far from " the boyhood city fan " any true fan would offer the club decent money with no strings attached , which he was not . delia may not be perfect but right now she is all we have .

[/quote]

go and have a look for your brain, when you find it come back and post again.

I appreciate the argument you are making but think the onus is on Mr Cullum, not Delia. He is worth a great deal more and needs to respect the proportion of her resources that have kept the Club where they are in recent times, rather than in a far worse position if she hadnt shown up with an open wallet when she did. It would be a far worse work of retrieval he would face now without Delia''s contribution.

I dont think we disagree that much, but I do find the Delia Out line distasteful.

i can tell you that she feels very bitter about the whole episode , and to a big extent i can see where she''s coming from , especially with all the messages on her cooking website , who wouldnt feel very unapreciated ? . saying that , theres no doubt this club needs money from somewhere , the team we have atm is way way short of numbers and quality . it would have been a damn site easier if mr cullum had been a genuine fan with genuine money .

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="yoda"]

[/quote]

[/quote]There''s a time and a place for smart alec post''s,and this is certainly the time and place,what a numpty

Wise you are Yoda.

In time truth will be told so it will.

All football clubs lose money. It''s worth remembering that.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i''ll just ignore your reply if it''s ok with you .

I am going to trust you on this one Yoda, steve was a bit weary of why she turned it down?I have been firmly in the Out camp but will await answers for now. Thanks for your opinion. I did post on the cookery site although nothing offensive just a comedy Flan Base sinking story.[:$] Hope you are well Yoda and good to hear from you again!

you too mate [:)] i just hope we have a half decent season keeping everyone happy , otherwise i can see this club of ours going through real turmoil .

[quote user="yoda"]i can tell you that she feels very bitter about the whole episode , and to a big extent i can see where she''s coming from , especially with all the messages on her cooking website , who wouldnt feel very unapreciated ? . saying that , theres no doubt this club needs money from somewhere , the team we have atm is way way short of numbers and quality . it would have been a damn site easier if mr cullum had been a genuine fan with genuine money .[/quote]

The thing Yoda that has upset a lot of us, is the fact that we are being left in the dark, if she had come out and said look the reason we turned Peter Cullum down is.......... , and we will try to do.......... this for the fans and the team, she might have not recieved such a backlash. But I don''t know about others but I just feel as a season ticket holder I have been treated at the best like a child who would understand what the grown-ups are talking about, or at the worst with utter contempt. Carrow road learn some bloody PR skills

I don''t think the club are deliberately treating the supporters as children. Either talks are still ongoing over this or other investment or they think that sharing details of any investment will effect the transfer market. I am sure that all will be revealed at some point. You are right that it appears that the club do not know how to communicate one way or the other so they have adopted a silent approach!

Up the City, Go ''Quakes!

-Bigus

[quote user="Be Smart"]

[quote user="yoda"]i can tell you that she feels very bitter about the whole episode , and to a big extent i can see where she''s coming from , especially with all the messages on her cooking website , who wouldnt feel very unapreciated ? . saying that , theres no doubt this club needs money from somewhere , the team we have atm is way way short of numbers and quality . it would have been a damn site easier if mr cullum had been a genuine fan with genuine money .[/quote]

The thing Yoda that has upset a lot of us, is the fact that we are being left in the dark, if she had come out and said look the reason we turned Peter Cullum down is.......... , and we will try to do.......... this for the fans and the team, she might have not recieved such a backlash. But I don''t know about others but I just feel as a season ticket holder I have been treated at the best like a child who would understand what the grown-ups are talking about, or at the worst with utter contempt. Carrow road learn some bloody PR skills

[/quote]

can''t argue with that .

[quote user="yoda"]you too mate [:)] i just hope we have a half decent season keeping everyone happy , otherwise i can see this club of ours going through real turmoil .[/quote]Here''s hoping, Unless we get some players in soon I can see only a serious relegation scrap unfortunately!I just hope Cullum comes back with an offer she cant refuse soon, and all parties can be happy?

[quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

Exactly my line of thinking.  Why oh why haven''t the Club said anything?  All this could have been averted.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

Exactly my line of thinking.  Why oh why haven''t the Club said anything?  All this could have been averted.

[/quote]Could it simply be that the discussions were covered by a confidentiality agreement?

[/quote]

[/quote]

What stunning repartee, if you have a counter argument let''s hear it. 

Comments like that make you look far worse than Yoda who at least has tried to put forward a coherent argument to support his point of view.

I will admit that when this story first broke I was a little bit perturbed by the headlines, but even a cursory glance at what evidence we do have would strongly indicate that the behaviour from Mr Cullum was at best, cheeky and at worst the deliberate instigation of an Archant/fan frenzy for his own selfish means. 

That''s not to say that the board are perfect/adequate/competent and I personally remain on the fence, but the constant bile, drivel & abuse from the Delia out camp make them look moronic and do nothing to gender support from sensible supporters.

Barclay_Boy: ''go and have a look for your brain, when you find it come back and post again.

I don''t think there was really any need for that, do you? Just because yoda expresses his views on how he sees things, which just happen to be different to yours, was there really any need to come back with such an unconstructive childish retort? It''s people like you who are bringing this forum to it''s knees, getting personal with someone and offering nothing by way of a constructive, non-insulting view in reply.

For what it''s worth, I find that much of what yoda says can''t really be argued with and, before you or anybody else says anything in reply to this, I most certainly am NOT ''pro-Delia'', ''pro-board'' etc, she is most definitely NOT perfect but, sadly (And I do mean sadly), she IS all we have right now - along with that husband of hers. I don''t believe for one second that she has the best interests of City at heart, all she''s interested in are her shares and a nice afternoon/evening out with her hangers-on at the football.

And £20m IS a derisory offer when you take into account what else Peter Cullum wanted as well, like her shares, two representatives (I''m sure it was two) on the board and a controlling say in things. I''m just hoping beyond all hope that he will come back with an offer that is a whole lot more acceptable to the club, if he''s really that interested.

I also don''t like being kept in the dark over what was really said between the two parties last week, but I don''t expect an answer from the club anytime soon. There is the poster (By the username of good tips) in Nutty''s ''I''m on the fence for now'' thread on page 3, who claims that there will be a statement released to the press by Friday this week. He/she believes that this will be from Cullum. Whether he/she is telling the truth or not, remains to be seen.

But I shall end by saying this: if there''s no serious cash injection into the squad between now and the start of the season, and we suffer another bad start like last season, then she and that hubby of hers may just have to run for the hills because I seriously doubt whether other fans like myself will put up with another season of absolute rubbish. Her big hint of investment at the RNS the other week would then be exposed as a load of total bull, which will leave a very, VERY sour taste in the mouths of a lot of loyal, honest NCFC fans.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Wise you are Yoda.

In time truth will be told so it will.

All football clubs lose money. It''s worth remembering that.

[/quote]

All football clubs lose money but apparently Delia deserves more than double what she paid for her stake (based on £30p.s.) for a seriously struggling, loss-making club up to it`s eyeballs in debt......?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]They may not want to come out and badmouth Cullum as (hope hope!) both parties want and expect talks to continue at some point. If he does turn out to be the knight in shining armour that he and others would have us believe (MitS?) then they''ll get massive hassle from the fans and rightly so, especially if we have another season of rubbish. Surely they must know that....

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They may not want to come out and badmouth Cullum as (hope hope!) both parties want and expect talks to continue at some point. If he does turn out to be the knight in shining armour that he and others would have us believe (MitS?) then they''ll get massive hassle from the fans and rightly so, especially if we have another season of rubbish. Surely they must know that....
[/quote]

Agree!!