Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Gary Doherty

[quote user="SuperWes"]

[quote user="Beaker"]why?[/quote]

Because we need two centre backs. If we released Doherty then we would need three. Simple as.

[/quote]

second option sounds better to me

[quote user="Beaker"][quote user="SuperWes"]

Because we need two centre backs. If we released Doherty then we would need three. Simple as.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He can play up front ;-)

because Roeder rates him.  Thats my guess anyway.   I know he looks ungainly, but he is actually solid, he seems to know how to take the man without it actually being a foul and the stats have not backed up the "he is our worst defender" or "he gives away loads of free kicks" arguements any time I have been bothered to look them up (atleast 6 or 7 times in the last 3 seasons).He can''t play at right back though.

What a fantastic new thread to start, did you miss this debate 2 weeks ago when he signed his extension.  Get off his back...

Its interesting that this will be only the Doc''s third full season as a proper centre-back. Assuming he''s therefore still learning, he should continue to improve every season and when he''s 30 he should be at his peak. He may look 50 by then but it will be interesting to see how he does under a fellow central defender in Roeder. My prediction is we will see a whole new Doc!

Unfortunately nothing will account for his alarming lack of pace or ability to fall over at will. He is getting better though, and was certainly not our worst player last season.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

Its interesting that this will be only the Doc''s third full season as a proper centre-back. Assuming he''s therefore still learning, he should continue to improve every season and when he''s 30 he should be at his peak. He may look 50 by then but it will be interesting to see how he does under a fellow central defender in Roeder. My prediction is we will see a whole new Doc!

Unfortunately nothing will account for his alarming lack of pace or ability to fall over at will. He is getting better though, and was certainly not our worst player last season.

[/quote]

What alarming lack of pace? By Championship standards he''s not at all slow for a centreback.

Slow on the turn maybe but not slow to get across the turf.

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]He has aged far too prematurely for my liking.  Does that mean he will retire prematurely too?  Please let it be true![/quote]

Shouldnt really joke about that. Its a terrible affliction. Its called Ashton Syndrome.

This is the biggest mystery in British Football and a question that certainly needs answering.I would love to have 5 minutes with Glen Roeder in order to gain this knowledge! I am convinced now he made it as a footballer through something like his mother being a good shag to let him play or something?I can only retort to this answer as I have exhausted all other avenues, he is without fail the worst player I have ever, ever seen!

He is a Norwich player, end off. We should be behind every player and he is certainly not as bad as what your saying. Give him a rest.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] I am convinced now he made it as a footballer through something like his mother being a good shag to let him play or something?[/quote]She weren''t that good ! [:S]

[quote user="SuperWes"][quote user="Beaker"][quote user="SuperWes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He can play up front ;-)

[/quote]

I noticed he played the last 5-10mins of a game at the end of last season (Burnley?) up front.  Seemed like a bit of a timewasting tactic but did wonder at the time if Roeder was thinking about sticking him up top again at some point.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]This is the biggest mystery in British Football and a question that certainly needs answering.

I would love to have 5 minutes with Glen Roeder in order to gain this knowledge! I am convinced now he made it as a footballer through something like his mother being a good shag to let him play or something?

I can only retort to this answer as I have exhausted all other avenues, he is without fail the worst player I have ever, ever seen!
[/quote]

The funny thing is we all know thats how you got through life so well mate! i swear i paid most of ur lunch money! [:D]