Sign in to follow this  
ncfc ncfc ncfc ncfc

New Transfer Target

Frecklington is a midfielder, but commonly considered a good player of good potential. Joe Garner, however, is supposedly off to Forest for £500k. I do, however, think he''d be a good signing.

Fotheringham and Frecklington.

Commentators aren''t going to like us much to boot.

I''ve seen Garner once and he seemed to have plenty of energy on a poor pitch! He''s got bags of potential, if we can get him for a reasonable fee.

As a club Carlisle is up for sale though, so this may mean the deal drags on...

Frecklington is a very good playermaker, and captain of Lincoln even though he is 20/21. Can spread the ball about, good at set-pieces and can chip in with an odd goal. Sign him up!

Lee FrecklinTON(attacking midfielder): http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0,19754,11760_282078,00.htmlI am guessing that is the player that is meant in the first instance. I am not sure that he is worth it. An attacking midfielder who it seems, struggles to hold down a starting position with a league two team.

Joe Garner(striker): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_GarnerGarner I think would be worth a risk if he didn''t cost too much. He is 20 and yet scored 14 goals in 31 games last season. Not a bad record for a youngster at that league one.

Sorry - ignore the bit about Frecklington - Wikipedia failed me on that one, doesn''t seem to have been updated recently?!!!

[quote user="chicken"]Sorry - ignore the bit about Frecklington - Wikipedia failed me on that one, doesn''t seem to have been updated recently?!!!
[/quote]

There is no talk re Lee at the Lincoln end so far.......Premier League have had a look over the last season and a half.  One bit of caution: he''s a very good player in helping create chances but not a huge goalscorer himself and he''s never played outside of League Two.  As always some can make the step up and some struggle.  He''s got a year to run on his contract so he will cost you and now The Imps know you''ve got all that money to spend.............(only joking).

[quote]he''s never played outside of League Two.  As always some can make the step up and some struggle. [/quote]

I''m guessing that the difference between the leagues is stamina, pace and accuracy of distribution.  Would that be a fair assessment Camul ?  And do you feel that this lad has the attributes to make the jump up ?

I thought I heard Garner was out until December with a cruciate knee ligament injury, so not the best of signings at this point I would suggest.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]he''s never played outside of League Two.  As always some can make the step up and some struggle. [/quote]

I''m guessing that the difference between the leagues is stamina, pace and accuracy of distribution.  Would that be a fair assessment Camul ?  And do you feel that this lad has the attributes to make the jump up ?

[/quote]

That is about right - League Two is very physical and it can be quite slow.  It''s where the old chaps end up in their last couple of seasons.  The skill level at your level is vastly different - first touch stuff is what you are looking for. There''s still a lot of hoofing in League Two on the "see what happens" basis as I call it.  I certainly think he might be worth a look but you can''t guarantee how they''ll turn out.  He has got a place in the Republic of Ireland B squad so he''s rated at a higher level.  I think most Imps fans have been resigned to losing him for quite a while - the only question is when and to whom?  It would be a wonderful chance for him and  I''d like to see him too well.  He came through the Imps academy and has never played for anyone else except as a kid out on loan to non league.  He''s quite a toughie as you have to be at Imps level - when you''ve just skinned some fading star for the third time they tend to try and exact their revenge.

yeah great - sure these league 2 boys have got potential - and will improve as squad players - but where are roedy''s prem/champs inbetweenies???surely we need some genuine and experienced players to take the club into the top 6???but maybe our budget says otherwise - even forest are spending bigger and better???  where do we rank - with lowly doncaster???