Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

If you were the board......

What objectives would you set Glenn this year?

By reading the forum it seems some of us would take top 10 whereas some expect us to be in the playoff''s......

Personally i would instruct him to take the club forward now by aiming for a top 10 finish.

His job will take time and wont happen overnight. This club needs stability atm. If we keep chopping and changing we will end up being similar to Leicester.

Top ten/play off challenge, double over the scum and plymouth and wolves for good measure, good creative football leaving us angry at referee desicions... basically just a good solid season.

Would mainly like to see some progress and stability in this club, far too much chopping and changing, should be looking to bed a squad down that will develop over 2-3 seasons with minimal additions.

Table-wise if I was the on the board would be setting Roeder the target of challenging for the top 6, although after the upheavel we have had a mid table finish/top 10 would be sufficient in my eyes.

Objectives for Glenn

1) Build up a good relationship with the fans and show them respect. Phrases like ''''I can''t see what all the fuss is about'''' when challenged about the way Hucks was dismissed is unacceptable.

2) Build up a good relationship with the local press and Radio Norfolk commentators because you may need them in your corner if things go terribly wrong this season.

3) Finish above Ipswich and aim for a top 2 spot

4) Develop the academy and give youth a chance

5) Turn up on time for fans forums and don''t make silly statements that what you say isn''t to be printed in the local paper, its a public forum of course you will be quoted.

6) When your decisions are questioned be positive and explain the reson behind them so that people understand rather than get prickly and defensive

Finally treat people the way you expect to be treated.

1) Build up a good relationship with the fans and show them respect.

Phrases like ''''I can''t see what all the fuss is about'''' when challenged

about the way Hucks was dismissed is unacceptable.
Totally agree with that CA.  Whilst he''s at it, he might consider re-appointing Neil Adams and offering an apology for behaving like a child during that episode.  Other than that carry on GR, doing a good job.

Got to disagree with you about Adams. I know someone who''s son is in the Academy, both he and his boy are City fans, he actually said that things are that bad that he would take his boy down the A140 if he had the time. A major shake up was needed and i applaud GR for doing it. How many quality players have come through in the last 10 years? 2? Anyway, back to the topic. I would say that largely depends on the size of his transfer budget, but realisticly a top 10 pushing the top 6 finish would be a decent result after last year.

with a new squad hopefully in place i would ignore last season and say

08/09 - top half

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Got to disagree with you about Adams. I know someone who''s son is in the Academy, both he and his boy are City fans, he actually said that things are that bad that he would take his boy down the A140 if he had the time. A major shake up was needed and i applaud GR for doing it. How many quality players have come through in the last 10 years? 2? Anyway, back to the topic. I would say that largely depends on the size of his transfer budget, but realisticly a top 10 pushing the top 6 finish would be a decent result after last year.[/quote]All Adams fault then.  Think you will find Mr Brownstone, Adams sacking was nothing to do with his coaching ability but there we are. As you say, lets move on.

Apologies if that came across wrong Andy, i wasnt trying to lay the blame just at Adam''s door, and i do agree that the way it was all handled was rather petty. I was just saying that from what i was told from a parent that the general standard and attitude of the coaching staff at the Academy isnt up to scratch.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Got to disagree with you about Adams. I know someone who''s son is in the Academy, both he and his boy are City fans, he actually said that things are that bad that he would take his boy down the A140 if he had the time. A major shake up was needed and i applaud GR for doing it. How many quality players have come through in the last 10 years? 2? Anyway, back to the topic. I would say that largely depends on the size of his transfer budget, but realisticly a top 10 pushing the top 6 finish would be a decent result after last year.[/quote]

Thats strange because I heard that Adams was highly rated as a coach before Roeder arrived, was idolised by the kids and has done a great job coaching for the past 7 years and that came from someone who works at the club.

[quote user="super mick mccarthy "]

with a new squad hopefully in place i would ignore last season and say

08/09 - top half

[/quote]

I suppose Wolves'' aim would be to remain unbeaten? I mean you have such a quality squad..............

Oh, and as for next season, I''d be looking for a top ten finish, good football, maybe a little flirtation with the playoffs at some point, and the re-building of that great feeling we had at the club just a couple of years ago. I know results and success ultimately determine this, but I''d like to see that harmony back. Be good to see the return of ''Fortress Carrow Road'' too!

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]If Adams was so highly thought of, surely he wouldn''t have still been coaching the under 14''s after 7 years?[/quote]

That''s a very fair point.

As for next season realistically we''ve got to challenge on all three fronts this season, win back the friendship cup from Sunderland (when we draw them in a cup competition), beat Coventry 10-2 like we did in the glory season of 1930 and win the FA cup wouldn''t go a miss eithier [Y]

Seriously though, a top half finish would represet progress...

Just keep us up... you have a more diffiicult job on your hands than last year to do that alone Glen.

oh and pmsl a player favouring Barnsley instead of Norwich about says it all about the size of the job you have on your hands.

Roeder will be gone by Christmas.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just keep us up... you have a more diffiicult job on your hands than last year to do that alone Glen.

oh and pmsl a player favouring Barnsley instead of Norwich about says it all about the size of the job you have on your hands.

[/quote]

SHUT UP SMUDGER[:@]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Can''t we ban this guy? He is a complete antagonist and clearly not a Norwich fan.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Can''t we ban this guy? He is a complete antagonist and clearly not a Norwich fan.

[/quote]

I find that if I look at his picture whilst reading his posts he comes across even more as a complete moron and I end up feeling almost sorry for him [:D]

I see you didnt answer me in the other thread Smudger, you not want to put forward any concrete predictions about this coming season??

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I find that if I look at his picture whilst reading his posts he comes across even more as a complete moron and I end up feeling almost sorry for him [:D]

I see you didnt answer me in the other thread Smudger, you not want to put forward any concrete predictions about this coming season??

[/quote]

I thought I already had done SWP?

I said ask me to confirm again at the start of August... but looking likely that  we will have another relegation battle on our hands.

We may just stay up or we may go down this time... either way I am struggling to see much of an improvement on the last 2 years.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can we ban MarshmallowGonads too?

Honestly are we not allowed to have an opinion on here unless it is percy positive???

Championship Title

Win League Cup

Win FA Cup

But if you were the board, you may know that Glenn has lets say for arguements sake a £15m transfer budget this season, would you be happy with a top 10 finish?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can we ban MarshmallowGonads too?

Honestly are we not allowed to have an opinion on here unless it is percy positive???

[/quote]

That''s correct Smudger. Do one.