Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Doherty- today and tomorrow

I think he will be returning and will sign his contract. Roeder claims to have heard nothing from him since the end of the season. Well the club still hold his playing registration and even though he''s a free agent from midnight tomorrow the club would still have to sign the registration documents transferringhis playing rights to another club. Presumably they haven''t been asked to do that so unless Doherty plans some income-free leisure time i assume he''ll be at Colney on Tuesday. In any case even if he doesn''t sign a new deal no doubt the club will offer him rotating one week contracts until something is sorted.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Let him go, if it takes him this long to make his mind up then he obviously doesnt want to stay. Good riddence![/quote]

Not necessarily. Probably means that he would like to stay but not satisfied with all the terms in the contract offered. After all would you want to be made to wear a ''syrup'' just to appear younger in team photographs?

Sticks head above parapet... well I for one would be sorry to see him go, nowhere near as bad as some of you would have everyone believe.

Solid defender in this league who gives it 100% wins a lot of headers and personally can''t see why he gets the stick he does as if you honestly look at his game he is no better or worse than a lot of central defenders in this league, he isn''t causing more free kicks than anyone else although some on here thinks he has the monopoly on holding on to people.. watch other defenders, its part of the game ffs!.

It''s becoming the norm on here to have a hate figure, symptomatic of the chav culture - lets all boo someone.

Who''s next up for the ridicule then when he goes??!!

Big sigh.... there I''ve got it off my chest... time for the hard hat [:D] [:P]

OTBC

totally agree Ex-greenoshin, i have nothing against him but he wouldnt be my first choice. i think Shackell has more potential and i would prefer to see a young but experienced CB sign to partner and bring out the best of him.

i would like to see doc sign as i can see him doing a good job at the club, he just wouldnt be the first name on the team sheet. 

NegativeVibes wrote:

The Doc - here today, gone tommorow.

Surely you mean hair today, gone tomorrow - 1st Wazzock

Maybe his contract includes an apple a day, you know, a little message from Roeder about how much we want him back.  So far, it seems to be working.  It''s keeping "the Doc" away!

Stay away Doc. Your not taking the club forward and your not wanted.

also in reply to the post stating "shackell has more potential" ... Hes in his mid twenties now, its clear to see he hasn''s improved nearly as much as everyone hoped and he is pretty much the player that he will remain. Reality is, we need a revamp of both centre back positions. Shackell wont cut it in the premiership by a long shot and itsnt a player who can help drive us to promotion

Shackell wouldn''t even cut it in the conferance! Taylor and the Doc would be a superb partnership, We wouldn''t concede from set pieces with them 2 at centre back!

He will sign this week. I picked him up in my taxi Friday night and he said he''s staying at city

the doc just ain''t good enough if we want to challenge in this league,taylor and shackell are the better pairing assuming we sign taylor.hopefully the doc will sign for the local rugby team where he can learn how to tackle.

[quote user="C.T"]

Donk has got 2 days to sign his contract otherwise its goodnight vienna. I hope he doesnt sign. The eejit.

[/quote]WILL WE GET A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE?

Doc is not as bad as what people say he is. He does make silly mistakes, granted, but he does a god job and I feel that he has had to carry Shancks a fair bit and both need different partners. I would have hi stay if he was not on silly money, which I suspect he is.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="C.T"]

Donk has got 2 days to sign his contract otherwise its goodnight vienna. I hope he doesnt sign. The eejit.

[/quote]

WILL WE GET A CHANCE TO SAY GOODBYE?
[/quote]

Best post today [:D]

do you think this is what the announcement is about tomorrow, "Norwich City have today invested in convincing Gary Doherty to sign  a new contract on the day his previous one expired"

do you think this is what the announcement is about tomorrow, "Norwich City have today invested in convincing Gary Doherty to sign  a new contract  - The Colonel

No, because the announcement said it would help move us toward the Prem, not away from it.