Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

The way I see it...

Peter Cullum makes an offer to the Board in October. The offer is far lower than Delia will accept and she is entitled to hold out for a realistic price. Peter Cullum continues to apply pressure and the Board are aware of his continued interest.

Cue Delia making a rather cryptic speech at the Royal Norfolk Show hinting at investment. The reason this was cryptic is because there is no fresh investment waiting in the wings other than PC''s. Delia is bluffing. The objective...to force Cullum to up his offer in the wake of ''additional interest in the club''.

Cue Peter Cullum calling Delia''s bluff and releasing his story to the press. The objective...to apply more pressure on the board, get fans on side and encourage the board to accept his offer.

I don''t doubt that this offer is genuine and I don''t doubt that the board would sell up BUT ONLY IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

What we are currently seeing ladies and gentleman is a game. It''s called business. Both sides are trying to negotiate the best possible deal.

That''s the way I see it anyway and I hope a compromise can be struck as this would be very good news for NCFC IMHO.

[quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Yes it is a game,and by the looks of it a game Cullum is used to winning.[/quote]But one Delia is good at playing.

Rusty, I think you may be right & if you are cue weeks, maybe months of mayhem! Fans will be pressuring Delia to go but her & hubby will not go without getting a fair price for their shares & rightly so. Both parties will have weekly aticles in the EDP & these message boards will be red hot with arguments!! Oh well, it makes life interesting!

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Yes it is a game,and by the looks of it a game Cullum is used to winning.
[/quote]

But one Delia is good at playing.
[/quote]

No, I think Delia would come out 3rd best against the likes of PC. I also think the Stowmarket two''s personal protector and spokesperson, ''The Dark Lord Darth Donkster'' - will be pulling out all the stops for damage limitation and put the board in a competent and good-light. Not only to protect the board, but also his future at the club....allegedly.

I think it is getting very interesting.....and awfully exciting. I think the next move will probably to taint PC and his financial offering in some way - by the media at Carra....and it''s only my personal opinion as a fan.

The board are out of their depth.......and PC is probably and initially throwing them a lifeline to humbly relinquish their control, as they''ve floundered for a considerable amount of time - in what is, the vast ocean of professional football.....

I''m really, really, enjoying this! And let''s just see who we have on the books to play for us tomorrow.......That''ll be scrumptious!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="Thirst Wizard"]Yes it is a game,and by the looks of it a game Cullum is used to winning.
[/quote]

But one Delia is good at playing.
[/quote]

No, I think Delia would come out 3rd best against the likes of PC. I also think the Stowmarket two''s personal protector and spokesperson, ''The Dark Lord Darth Donkster'' - will be pulling out all the stops for damage limitation and put the board in a competent and good-light. Not only to protect the board, but also his future at the club....allegedly.

I think it is getting very interesting.....and awfully exciting. I think the next move will probably to taint PC and his financial offering in some way - by the media at Carra....and it''s only my personal opinion as a fan.

The board are out of their depth.......and PC is probably and initially throwing them a lifeline to humbly relinquish their control, as they''ve floundered for a considerable amount of time - in what is, the vast ocean of professional football.....

I''m really, really, enjoying this! And let''s just see who we have on the books to play for us tomorrow.......That''ll be scrumptious!

[/quote]

I love your analysis Mello [:)]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I like a good game myself.

[/quote]

I don''t think twister counts

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I like a good game myself.

[/quote]

I don''t think twister counts

[/quote]

I thought he meant Game Of Life. Now theres a quality board game.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Rusty, I think you may be right & if you are cue weeks, maybe months of mayhem! Fans will be pressuring Delia to go but her & hubby will not go without getting a fair price for their shares & rightly so. Both parties will have weekly aticles in the EDP & these message boards will be red hot with arguments!! Oh well, it makes life interesting![/quote]

Yeh I think you could be right, weeks maybe months of mayhem.  But lets hope it gets sorted out quickly because if not while this mayhem is going on we wont see any new signings what so ever.

But just like you said, oh well it makes life interesting.!!

This is all rather bizarre. There is something not quite right here. The reason I say that is, why is this all being played out in the papers ?

When figures of £20 mill and £56 mill are being bandied about it is usually done behind close doors. It would appear that there is more to this than meets the eye.

Much as I would love to see this kind of investment I still don''t know if it will happen.

A binner writes -" The board are out of their depth."Yep, having already gone into administration and taken the club to the brink of administration again they''ve been forced to hand over the club for less that £4m in order to secure a loan that will prop them up for a few more years.Whereas up here the board is actually in a position to be able to stand up to a very wealthy man.

ps to all the anti club brigade.......... if there are now, and were in autumn last year, no conditions to this money then why did he not simply hand it over as a gift a la Watling ?

the way i see it is that by cullum showing interets and being turned down and going to the papers hes trying to put pressure on delia to sell cheap by having the majority of fans turn on her, its a old trick, and one that ahs been played by many a owner in the past, remember watling got the fans on his side in order to help put pressure on chase, same thing yet again

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]A binner writes -" The board are out of their depth."Yep, having already gone into administration and taken the club to the brink of administration again they''ve been forced to hand over the club for less that £4m in order to secure a loan that will prop them up for a few more years.Whereas up here the board is actually in a position to be able to stand up to a very wealthy man.

ps to all the anti club brigade.......... if there are now, and were in autumn last year, no conditions to this money then why did he not simply hand it over as a gift a la Watling ?[/quote]Ralph your binner taunts are very wearying now.Why have Delia and Michael always converted cash injections to shares instead of handing it over as a gift a la Watling? Oh sure they''re in a position to stand up to a very wealthy man but for how long? They''ve already hocked everything available just to keep the books balanced. Bad news for them is there''s nothing left to sell this year, Cullum knows it''s only a matter of time, in fact he knew that last October and maybe now he thinks their time is up?  

Worst Wizard you are absolutely right. The worry is that Mr Cullum, being a highly astute businessman, spotted an opportunistic play to gain control of the Club for considerably less than it was worth and invoked his PR machine to use Archant to whip up a frenzy amongst fans in his support....Now I really hope that is not the scenario and he is prepared to make a sensible offer which will leave a decent kitty to buy players but I would urge healthy scepticism until we see the real colour of his money or any alternatives that may be forthcoming.