evidence other than "sources close to both clubs" that the deal is or

isn''t happening.  This is lazy journalism at its very best - take

newspaper reports about speculated signing, add in a few quotes from an

interview with manager of rival club (from a few days ago), then dig up

some old quotes by Roeder.

I''m not saying he IS coming, but i fail to see how Mr "Collars and"

Cuffley can state unequivocally - in CAPITAL LETTERS - that he ISN''T

coming.  Shoddy... very, very shoddy...

[quote]Looks like all the rumours were unfounded. Bet Wiz will be pleased!!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jun%202008%2009%3A58%3A30%3A023

[/quote]

It seemed rather far fetched he''d come to us. How were we ever going to find that kind of money?

I wont take too much notice, cus there is no evidence. I think they are just predicting that we are not signing him, if they had any evidence they would have used quotes.

I wouldnt be surprised if Ameobi turns up this afternoon.

However, it is understood from sources close to both clubs that there is no deal - and no new twist to the long-running transfer saga.

Sources close to both clubs? I have seen no evidence recently that local journos have gleaned any decent information from sources close to the club.

I am still adopting a ''wait and see'' policy.  As you say sources close to both clubs is journo speak for we had some space to fill and know that all the fans are talking about this.  I now have absolutely no idea what is going to happen!!!

[quote user="BarmyYarmy"]

Looks like all the rumours were unfounded. Bet Wiz will be pleased!!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jun%202008%2009%3A58%3A30%3A023

[/quote]

I''m calm mate, if City invested 3 million quid over the next 10 years I''d be shocked...........we don''t do ambition here!............and no, I don''t wan''t dodgy hip Ameobi here either.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="BarmyYarmy"]

Looks like all the rumours were unfounded. Bet Wiz will be pleased!!

[/quote]

I''m calm mate, if City invested 3 million quid over the next 10 years I''d be shocked...........we don''t do ambition here!............and no, I don''t wan''t dodgy hip Ameobi here either.

[/quote]

Well done, Wiz, another negative post!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

His 5 goals in two seasons supports my arguements............thats not being negative old son.........thats being bloody sensible![:|]

[quote user="ncfclad"]

I wont take too much notice, cus there is no evidence. I think they are just predicting that we are not signing him, if they had any evidence they would have used quotes.

[/quote]

Exactly my friend , there are no quotes from anybody just ''sources''! Brown or Ketchup, you decide!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

His 5 goals in two seasons supports my arguements............thats not being negative old son.........thats being bloody sensible![:|]

[/quote]The last time he scored was on 15 October 2006. And that was a penalty.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

[/quote]Well i thought he was supposed to be away on his honeymoon , my money is on Andy Cole hes available at our kind of price .

Well if the headlines are true then I for one am glad, although anyone who pulls on a yellow and green shirt would get my support.  But paying over the odds for a player who hasn''t scored many and who is another ''''sicknote'''' IMHO is silly.