Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Any Marceo Rigters news??

There was news towards the end of the season that we would be resigning him. Has their been any progress on this??

Would Ince to Blackburn help or hinder this?? Anyone know anything??

I was wondering the same over the weekend... there were lots of little

rumblings about him previously, but now its all dried up and he''s

barely being mentioned.  Mind, it seems the club is running a

water-tight ship this summer, more so than usual.  I reckon we''re

going to see a lot of players come in next week (1st July) and many of

us are going to think "huh, where did that come from?!"

Sounds like Santa Cruz might be on his way. Hopefully Ince will have his own ideas about bringing in some fresh strikers and let Rigters go.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Sounds like Santa Cruz might be on his way. Hopefully Ince will have his own ideas about bringing in some fresh strikers and let Rigters go.[/quote]Or on the flip side he may want to have a  look at him.

I''ve heard Arsenal might be interested in Santa Cruz, in which case Maceo might get more of a look in at Rovers........unless Incey already has some designs on possible replacements??....

If he was on loan till the end of season, then technically we should still have him and be the only club able to talk to him. If i recall correctly, this is how we signed David Marshall last summer.

Personally I think we have signed him, purely because since his very public transfer listing and our reported interest there has been nothing,bit like the whole Hoolahan thing, you would expect other clubs to be linked etc.

Hope I''m right anyway!

Me too,  he looked good in the 15 seconds or so we saw him for... very much like to see him back. Mainly proven quality but of an unknown quantity... worth the risk I reckon!

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

do we actually want him? he did bugger all and got injured!

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas - I nearly took the bate!!!

[/quote]

Sorry thats bait

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Oh come on Jas, according to The Bucketman he had a good 15 seconds or so - we''ve all done that haven''t we !!!

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol on a serious note his record isnt that great... he is a reserve player at black burn and from the fleeting glimpse we saw of him fitness (and his waste line) were slipping a bit.... id be wary about having him back

FAO Jas, the self-professed King of the Barclay...

Who would you like us to sign? When ever I have a browse of this forum, in particular those ones linking us with incoming transfers, you always seem to write these players off. Why?

You pick holes in every potential signing, so, who would you choose?

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]

FAO Jas, the self-professed King of the Barclay...

Who would you like us to sign? When ever I have a browse of this forum, in particular those ones linking us with incoming transfers, you always seem to write these players off. Why?

You pick holes in every potential signing, so, who would you choose?

[/quote]

Ched Evans but it wont happen..

and please find where i have slagged of Clingan seriously....

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Personally I think we have signed him, purely because since his very public transfer listing and our reported interest there has been nothing,bit like the whole Hoolahan thing, you would expect other clubs to be linked etc.

Hope I''m right anyway!

[/quote]

I have to agree with you here. the fact that it''s very quiet on the rumour mill for both these lads at a time when gossip is rife suggests that they could already be a done deal for us. That would make sense, but maybe we''re clutching at straws here in wild speculation. We can only hope and prey you are correct as i for one would certainly like to see both of them with us next season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol on a serious note his record isnt that great... he is a reserve player at black burn and from the fleeting glimpse we saw of him fitness (and his waste line) were slipping a bit.... id be wary about having him back

[/quote]I think that signing a player who was top goalscorer at last summer''s European U21 championships playing alongside Royston Drenthe and Ryan Babel would be a reasonable acquisition for a club of our stature.