Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

How much do we need?

Ok, instead of bleating that we have no money and slagging off the board, let`s have a constructive discussion about money!![:O]

How much does GR realistically need to spend to replace the missing players?

2-3 million for our entire summer transfer budget, are you kidding. We need at least 4-5 million to assemble a team capable of doing anything in this league. I can''t understand why we let Hucks go if we only have 2-3 million to spend!

To include everything I would say 5 Million, and wouldn''t mean amazing expensive players, thats just for the bare minimum.

Anything less and we will be seriously flirting with disaster.

As the Doomster tells us we are brassack we have just got to hope that GR can find enough quality Bosmans and loans, keep them all fit, avoid suspenstions and pray that our forwards suddenly remeber what a goal is. Otherwise we''re doooooooomed, Capt Mainwairing, doooomed!

If we''re talking about building a side capable of promotion - £5-7millionPlay-offs or thereabouts - £4millionRebuilding with a view to a ''three year plan'' - £2-3millionTake your pick as to what we''ve got.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]If we''re talking about building a side capable of promotion - £5-7million

Play-offs or thereabouts - £4million

Rebuilding with a view to a ''three year plan'' - £2-3million

Take your pick as to what we''ve got.

[/quote]

These are the sort of numbers I am thinking of too.

As to what we have......that`s another thread!![;)]

[quote user="colneycanary"]2-3 million for our entire summer transfer budget, are you kidding. We need at least 4-5 million to assemble a team capable of doing anything in this league. I can''t understand why we let Hucks go if we only have 2-3 million to spend![/quote]

Exactly right Colney. We need £5m minimun. We need a proven goalscorer. He alone would take up half of that. Maybe if we could of got both Gorkks and Hoolahan at their prices we would be ok but that doesnt look like happening. Expect freebies and has beens. We are Royally you know what.........

I think it depends on how high we aim, for a real crack at automatic promotion I''d say 6 - 10 million, for play offs 3-5 million, avoid relegation 2 million, below 2million with an average manager, I''d say facing relegation

[quote user="1st Wizard"]We need 5--6 million just to avoid relegation........you really do need to wake up and get real my friends.[/quote]

I agree with you Wiz to a certain extent.  I reckon 5-6m would give us a great chance of being in and around the playoffs.  Glens record when he got here was very good, albeit a smidge lucky.  On form if we had him from the start of the season we would have been 6/7th.

5-6 million spent well on 6/7 good footballers + a couple of useful, hungry young loanees and the squad won''t look all that bad. 

I think finding a replacement for Dion is the key, the man was a talisman and inspired leader on the pitch.

We need at least £10 million to get in the top two!!

Add up how much West Brom''s players were worth this season and add up ours. £5 million aint gonna get us there. 10x£500,000 players wont get us there unless they all turn out to be bargains rather than Andy Hughes.