Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Turkey vs Czech Republic

I have a feeling that this match will go down as one of those Classic Matches in the Euro 2012 preview book (a la Spain Euro 2000).Turned the TV on and in 10 seconds time Turkey scored their third!

This sucks sooo much I had mony on the Czechs in the tournament. Unbelievable. Gutted! They HAD to win! and there should have been more stoppage time after the incidents for someone to at least get a shot on target at Tuncay!!

Absolutely amazing, this tournament just keeps getting better and better.I didn''t think Fridays games (Italy v Romania and Holland v France) would be bettered, but that was fairly damn close [:D]Almost makes me feel sorry for the ''England aren''t playing so I''m not interested'' brigade.........Almost [;)]

[quote user="Canary Chris"]This sucks sooo much I had mony on the Czechs in the tournament. Unbelievable. Gutted! They HAD to win! and there should have been more stoppage time after the incidents for someone to at least get a shot on target at Tuncay!![/quote]...And the moral of the story is?[;)]

A Muckin'' Farvellous game!.....I bet the Kebab shops are giving freebies tonight in the City!....And the Czech''s aren''t bouncin''!

Excellent game made even better by the fact that I stuck a tenner on Turkey which I had written off when the second went in and have ended up getting 34 pounds back, second time this week the Turks have won me money with a late winner. Have to admire their bottle.

yes it is in the LAWS. any player named on a team sheet, including subs can be carded for an offence. the game is not officiallyover until the ref is back in the changing room either, hence why players are carded in the tunnel too.

I was on a train for most of this game without knowing what was

happening, then started getting texts saying "wow, this game is great",

etc... got home and turned the telly on just in time to hear ITV

commentators wetting themselves and the Turkey players celebrating...

goddammit...

Have to agree with Canary Chris - the keeper went off in stoppage time and it was at least 2 minutes before the game restarted, followed by another stoppage of half-a-minute. The ref only added 70 seconds to the original 4 minutes - another 2 minutes should have been played.As the Turks had just shown, a lot can happen in two minutes!I do admire their fighting spirit - great comeback - but Czechs weren''t given the time to reply and it was time wasted by the ref, not the Turks!

You have to wonder what the outcome would have been if Petr Cech hadn''t made that appalling blunder, though. I think the Czechs would have hung on. That scoolboy blunder from their normally excellent keeper seemed to knock all the wind out of their sails.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Have to agree with Canary Chris - the keeper went off in stoppage time and it was at least 2 minutes before the game restarted, followed by another stoppage of half-a-minute. The ref only added 70 seconds to the original 4 minutes - another 2 minutes should have been played.

As the Turks had just shown, a lot can happen in two minutes!

I do admire their fighting spirit - great comeback - but Czechs weren''t given the time to reply and it was time wasted by the ref, not the Turks!
[/quote]

Does your avatar show you after too many pints of Hopback Summer Lightning, Fat Barman?