Sign in to follow this  
bigbear

Roeder, what do you think of him?

[quote user="2Cakes"][quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area"]

I seriously can''t understand the apathy towards Roeder.

He saved us from League 1, got us playing some decent football, and has attracted good players in so far, albeit on loan. I can''t see what more he could have done to date.

[/quote]

Overall, I''m pleased so far with Roeder. And I''m optimistic for next season.

He did what required and kept us up. And for a while (albeit brief) it looked like he might perform the miraculous and get us into the playoffs. 

However, the drastic reduction in the number of staff, both playing and backroom, sows a seed of doubt in mind. It really could go either way. This transfer window is now absolutely critical. This is making me, and I guess lots of other fans, a little impatient to see some progress.

Until things start to move frustration and nerves are causing me to question my faith.
[/quote]

This sums it up for me.

Roeder is one of the least liked men in the football world, apparently. You will struggle to find many ex-players / staff who will privately say a good word about him!! I think this is going to be a real problem in the erm, second season.

It has been said by others that the reason for Roeders legendary second season syndrome is due to players and staff not wanting to work for him, and causing bad moral / feelings in the club.

Thats why its hard to watch it happening in front of us.

I was pee''ed off when he came, done well, then not so well, but I still have faith in. We have massively undercheived of late, the youth set up has failed, we have a lot of crocked players, we don''t seem to have a decent scouting network. GR is trying to sort out all of that, plus the team. He will do well for the club, he just wants things done his way, I can fault him for that, but I tell you what, if he gets the funds, resources and back up he wanted and fails, then he has no one to blame and that he hould fall by his sword. I suspect that some people want him to fail as they on''t like the way he treated Hucks, if he fails the club fails and vise versa, simple as that. Good luck GR, you do have a tough job and I hope you succeed.

WeAreYellows49 said: 

And Im sorry but those players are rated and talented, so tell us who you would like to see in your starting eleven Wiz.  It''s not rocket science is it?

I have already given the players I rate and are realistic targets and are talented in my opinion, and should be within or budget

Personally I''m not worried if my posts are rated by you or anyone else.

Good..........ditto   [:|]

You don''t rate GR, then who would you have come in to replace him?  All sensible questions from me Wiz.

Tilson, Warnock (too late now!) Paul Ince

And if, as you say, my reply to you was childish............then you''ve turned the term ''childish'' into a bloody art form!

Roeder knows his stuff footballwise and desperately wants the kudos of being a successful manager but is not really cut out for it imho.  

Whether we like it or not (and I don''t, personally) the manager''s public interface with players, fans and other clubs via the media has become increasingly important, and his handling of this aspect has been frankly awful so far.  He has earned our gratitude for saving us from relegation but looked so tense and unhappy at times that it was painful to witness.

Could be excellent in a behind the scenes role at a really top club, and if Arsenal for instance were to offer him such a post he should jump at it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

And Im sorry but those players are rated and talented, so tell us who you would like to see in your starting eleven Wiz.  It''s not rocket science is it?

I have already given the players I rate and are realistic targets and are talented in my opinion, and should be within or budget

You don''t rate GR, then who would you have come in to replace him?  All sensible questions from me Wiz.

And if, as you say, my reply to you was childish............then you''ve turned the term ''childish'' into a bloody art form!

[/quote]

Tilson LMAO!! Why? He did well in the champ and this season didnt he!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tilly''s a great manager, sadly, Southends resourcers aren''t...........and thats why City asked permission to speak to him and were refused.........and of course Grant got the job.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tilly''s a great manager, sadly, Southends resourcers aren''t...........and thats why City asked permission to speak to him and were refused.........and of course Grant got the job.

[/quote]

I have to agree with Wiz on this point. Tilson has done very well indeed when you consider the resources, or rather lack of, that he''s had to deal with at Southend. He is young, passionate and has the ability required so he would be my number one choice the next time we need a new manager - which, of course, we don''t right now.

He''s done an awesome job in keeping us up. What more is there to say?

Anything else at this point is just speculation. Not to mention tittle-tattle, clap-trap, balderdash, poppycock, jibber-jabber...

We''re going through a period of change which is always difficult. See any management textbook. In the game/business/industry of football he''s demonstrated the skills and credentials required as a manager and has earned the right to make the changes. You can''t argue with that, it shows in the results. To deny him the ability to make the changes he wants is to not play the game of football. And let''s face it: he''s not sold the ground, he''s not refusing to play for the club, and I''m pretty confident he''s not part of the mafia. He''s opted to cut loose an expensive, luxury of a player in huckerby (don''t get me wrong, I love Huckerby), and said goodbye to some behind-the-scene types. I simply suggest y''all pipe down your moaning til something worth moaning about actually happens.

he did what he was required to do last season.. which was keep us up...

we can only judge Roeder on what he does every season... so far he has got it right... he might not be very charismatic, or give amazing interviews, but he got the job done.. we should all be pleased

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

[/quote]

Ahhhh that''s lovely Wiz, back to the Wiz that i knew last year.  Swearing at me now?  Getting frustrated at putting your point accross?  Never mind, try not to get so worked up Wiz, life''s too short honest it is lol.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Saaarfend actually have some dosh, they are moving to a new stadium soon.

Tilson is tactically naive and that has exposed him in the last 2 seasons.

[quote user="itfc_loaded"]

Rodent is without doubt the best thing that could ever happen to naarwich. Rodent IN!

[/quote]

Blimey, that''s just about the most intelligent thing a scummer has ever said. I think you will go very far in life.

[quote user="itfc_loaded"]

Rodent is without doubt the best thing that could ever happen to naarwich. Rodent IN!

400k? Chuckle chuckle.

[/quote]

Loaded? You''re certainly loaded alright - loaded with crap!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

WeAreYellows49 said: 

[/quote]

Ahhhh that''s lovely Wiz, back to the Wiz that i knew last year.  Swearing at me now?  Getting frustrated at putting your point accross?  Never mind, try not to get so worked up Wiz, life''s too short honest it is lol.

[/quote]

Swearing?................... bloody?........................ moi?...........trust me mate I could do better!....................but  I won''t because I''m a nice wiz really............honestly..............friend?.   

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we can only judge Roeder on what he does every season... so far he has got it right... he might not be very charismatic, or give amazing interviews, but he got the job done.. we should all be pleased

[/quote]

He did do a decent job in keeping us up . . . BUT was it partly a reflection of the board''s sudden willingness to loosen the purse strings for loan players when they realised we were in real danger of relegation and consequent financial meltdown?  Job done as far as the board is concerned.  

I don''t believe they will show the same eagerness to fund a push towards the top six, and consequently Roeder will find it much harder to make any real progress.  The mid table comfort zone is what they''re after. 

Of course I could be entirely wrong . . .

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

He did do a decent job in keeping us up . . . BUT was it partly a reflection of the board''s sudden willingness to loosen the purse strings for loan players when they realised we were in real danger of relegation and consequent financial meltdown?  Job done as far as the board is concerned.  

I don''t believe they will show the same eagerness to fund a push towards the top six, and consequently Roeder will find it much harder to make any real progress.  The mid table comfort zone is what they''re after. 

Of course I could be entirely wrong . . .

[/quote]

I meant to add:  the emphasis on loan players looks set to continue next season.  Is this a neat way of keeping us in the division while preventing us building a squad that could challenge for promotion?  At the end of next season we''ll be back to square one if most of the loanees return to their clubs, as was the case this time.

Well like I have said all along... I think he is PG Mk 2 and one way or another he won''t be here by Christmas.

Nearly every manager has a successful honeymoon period at a club... many fans went overboard when Roeder had his... I nearly even found myself getting swept away in it all believe it or not.

Question is... what can Roeder do with his own team at the start of a new season???

The early signs do not look promising to say the least!!!