Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Earnshaw coming back??

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

Maybe he''s not a massive team player but does that matter if he hits 30 goals. I''d certainly welcome him back.

If the money is available, or we are still owed money from Derby then SIGN HIM UP!!

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more. It''s fair to say that if Earnshaw doesn''t score you don''t get anything out of him in that game. Just like good old loyal Jamie. Difference is at this level Earnie don''t go more than 2 games without scoring. He a great goal scorer at this level. I very much doubt he wants to come back or that we have the funds to get him but if he did and we do then we would be hard pressed to find better for the money he''s going to go for.

[quote user="Rusty Steele"]

I''m glad to see the majority of fans can seee the footballing sense in taking Earnie back. I''ll be honest, I was gutted when he left. The transfer wasn''t dealt with in the best way but we all know how agents work, they are only looking out for the interests of their client. They don''t care about loyalty and I''m sure he was advised that it was in his best interests to move with an agent pocketing a nice little fee.

I don''t blame Earnie one bit for leaving. How many of us would stay in the job we are in given the chance of a better salary and greater prospects elsewhere?? Really???

I think Earnshaw is a class act at this level. If he hadn''t picked up an injury in his last season for us he''d have got 25-30 goals. We can''t afford to turn that down just because he has left us for the big time once before and there are questions over his loyalty. Did the club show the same loyalty to messers Mackay, Roberts and Huckerby (sorry) in the past? NO, they shipped them out for footballing reasons when we would''ve all liked to have seen a little more loyalty shown.

Maybe he''s not a massive team player but does that matter if he hits 30 goals. I''d certainly welcome him back.

If the money is available, or we are still owed money from Derby then SIGN HIM UP!!

[/quote]

From a much earlier era another great goal scorer who was "not" a team player was Greavesy.  He was a terribly selfish player and rarely laid the ball off for someone else - if he thought he had a chance of getting past whoever was in front of him that was the only thing in his mind.  Pass it? No way, if he could avoid it!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I don''t do thick skin James, sorry.

But Earnalot will end up at Notts Forest, trust me on that, and he''s never been part of a successful Championship team I believe. Earnalot plays only for Earnalot................I want a player who will play only for our club.

Is that so wrong or naive?.

[/quote]

I''d settle for one who can score for the club - That''s Earnie, not your beloved Curo.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Well here''s a first Wiz, I totally bl**dy well agree with you !!!!

Earnshaw has no sense of loyalty whatsoever, I wouldn''t want him back here, EVER!!  his own half. Stick with Curo and tell Earnmore "no thanks".  For that sort of money, if we had to pay £2.5mil, we could get Hooligan and his mate and maybe more.

[/quote]

Earnshaw has a lot to play for. He lost his place in the Wales squad (partly to Ched) so regardless of his loyalty, he has to prove himself on several accounts -- which makes him exactly the type of player Roeder wants.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="Scooby"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]There''s some bloody short memories on here, I certainly don''t want the scheming two faced *@*£"^ back in my club...........at least Jamie''s loyal and given a good strike partner will score as much as Earnalot!.[:@][/quote]

Well here''s a first Wiz, I totally bl**dy well agree with you !!!!

Earnshaw has no sense of loyalty whatsoever, I wouldn''t want him back here, EVER!!  his own half. Stick with Curo and tell Earnmore "no thanks".  For that sort of money, if we had to pay £2.5mil, we could get Hooligan and his mate and maybe more.

[/quote]

Earnshaw has a lot to play for. He lost his place in the Wales squad (partly to Ched) so regardless of his loyalty, he has to prove himself on several accounts -- which makes him exactly the type of player Roeder wants.

[/quote]IF Earnie comes back, he deserves a little credit for showing some guts,  I think he could the job of scoring goals here,  which we were so lacking.

He is definitely not a massive team player.  He is very short. 

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Rusty Steele"]

[/quote]
Couldn''t agree more. It''s fair to say that if Earnshaw doesn''t score you don''t get anything out of him in that game. Just like good old loyal Jamie. Difference is at this level Earnie don''t go more than 2 games without scoring. He a great goal scorer at this level. I very much doubt he wants to come back or that we have the funds to get him but if he did and we do then we would be hard pressed to find better for the money he''s going to go for.

[/quote]

If Earshaw would sign and Cureton would stay, it''s hard to imagine those two cats not getting involved in a scoring contest....  Isn''t it the type of competition we need?

i can confirm i saw earnshaw at the hotel and quickly whipped out my camera and took a picture for proof.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1022933/Nottingham-Forest-snap-Derby-striker-Robert-Earnshaw-2m-deal.html?ITO=1490yep No Earnie, at 2 million out of our price range anyway, unless Glenn wants to blow the whole budget on one player.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]

Damn. He seems to have this thing for freshly promoted clubs. What sort of guy drives a Hummer anyway....

[/quote]

Someone who is obsessed with making up for their diminutive stature with big manly accessories. [:)]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Marigold"]

Of course players like Malky clearly loved the club and that showed in his performances but was that because he was only (i say only!!) a good player pushing himself harder. We want great players who don''t need to push themselves cos they are good enough to perform in the league.

[/quote]

What a load of *&%^ !!  Don''t need to push themselves ???? I don''t want to see any player out there in a yellow shirt who doesn''t need to push themselves.  Do you honestly believe Rooney doesn''t push himself to the limit every game?  Any player who doesn''t, or doesn''t feel they need to is not worthy of a place in the team....... any team!!  It doesn''t matter how good you are.

[/quote]

You know what I meant. Of course players have to push themselves to play football but the Malky example demonstrates my point in that he was bloody awful when we signed him, he couldn''t even head the ball. Because he was liked by the fans and never got a Henderson type barracking he settled in and loved it here and therefore pushed himself and perhaps over achieved. I want plays that are good enough for a promotion push when we sign them. Not 2-3 years later.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

oh well he''s not coming back... good...

can get ready to boo him next season now

jas :)

[/quote]

Wanna bet he wont answer those boos by scoring though Jas? [:^)]