Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Adams can climb off that fence at last!

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Oh Arthur, you make me so proud of my Norfolk heritage - what with your intelligent and tolerant views on people who were born outside our fair county and country. I particularly like the mature "stamp feet" approach you take to anybody who disagrees with you. I think everybody admires that sort of approach.

Also, please don''t rush back to us all at Carrow Road next season, I think you staying away is an absolutely tremendous way of protesting! Just don''t tune in to Radio Norfolk on a Saturday...
[/quote]

Yeah my staying away had a great affetc on the team didnt it? As for "stamp feet" i could label you as "niave and gullable" when it comes to NCFC.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Adams must have the most painful arse in football after sitting on the fence all these years. Well done Roeder, you have got rid of the boring northern tit![/quote]

Yes I agree Arthur. I wish Neil Adams would quit with his boring (yet insightful and informative) football commentary and instead talk about something far more interesting.

Like, I don''t know, the Pigeons near the market in the City Centre? That terribly inconsequential QPR game and its commentary would definitely have been improved!
[/quote]

Insightful and imformative? I take it you dont listen to the boring slug then? Dull and duller would be more appropriate.

[/quote]

Actually, I only listen to him for away games. If you think his commentary is terrible, I assume you haven''t a) watched Sky Championship commentary, or b) listened to any other teams'' local radio commentary!

Still, maybe you''re right - I suppose you''ve listened to far more Radio Norfolk this season than I have.
[/quote]Adams is very good on the radio. He was also a good player here. Anyone who calls him "a boring slug" or "northern tit" has got other issues with him.[/quote]

No he is a boring slug and a northern tit!

[/quote]I presume that anyone who comes from somewhere that is 20 miles more northerly than Norwich is "northern" then. Like Cromer or Sheringham. He comes from Stoke which is 20 miles further north than Norwich.[/quote]

Stokes 20 miles from Norwich? I suggest you get a map!

[quote user="lappinitup"]I posted that too late. See you have confused him lol.[/quote]I don''t mean to be unkind but is he a bit slow.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I posted that too late. See you have confused him lol.[/quote]Have to go out now. Will you try and explain it to him please.

There''s nout so strange as geography ...

That''s how we get Torquay away in a regionalised cup draw [:O]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]Or maybe he''ll have to find another job and relocate and wont be able to do Radio Norfolk anymore.....that would be a shame.[/quote]

What nice words for an ex-canary who cares a great deal about the club. 
[/quote]

Hucks cared about the club, Adams cared about the club = both dumped by then club!.[:|]

[/quote]

Now Wiz you are such a lovely old boy , perhaps the best hazelnut cluster ever and indeed the sweetest , now Wiz I can see a protest coming on  from you , because we all know you are a man of action and you have based yourself on the suffragette movement by emulating your heroine Emily Davison who threw herself under the hoofs of the Kings horse in the Derby , giving her life for the movement , I know you were also prepared to do this Wiz by trying to bring down Robert Chase''s steed in that magnificent battle at Carrow Road , I know you were foiled by a fan pulling you out of the way at the last moment  thus denying you your ultimate sacrifice.

Now Wiz as you have Emmeline Pankhurst as your heroine , can we expect to see you handcuffed to the gates of Carrow Road ? Now Wiz you lovely old boy if you are short of handcuffs I am sure that D.Devonshire D can help you out with those , as I am sure he has plenty of those kicking about , I do think it would be advisable  to keep the key in your pocket with regards to toilet breaks etc, just in case no one take''s any notice of your protest . Now of course there is the problem of getting home for your dinner but if we can divert the meals on wheels lady to deliver to Carrow Road the problem is solved and of course it would also alleviate any silly idea of Wiz going on a hunger strike as the suffragettes did . That would be too ridiculous to contemplate , for goodness sake lets be serious about it all. [:D] arrdee.   

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="lappinitup"]I posted that too late. See you have confused him lol.[/quote]I don''t mean to be unkind but is he a bit slow.[/quote]

Not the brightest light on the xmas tree are you tribes?

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]I posted that too late. See you have confused him lol.[/quote]

That didn''t take much ! [:D]

[/quote]

About as much sand as it takes to fill Steves head in.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="lappinitup"]I posted that too late. See you have confused him lol.[/quote]I don''t mean to be unkind but is he a bit slow.[/quote]

[/quote]I''ll help you out Arty, the key word was ''northerly''. I''m good to you aren''t I [{][:D][}]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

I''ll help you out Arty, the key word was ''northerly''. I''m good to you aren''t I [{][:D][}]
[/quote]

Thanks Shack my friend.

[/quote]

Can anyone explain to me why I have an image of a pot and a rather dark kettle suddenly appearing in my head [*-)]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Can anyone explain to me why I have an image of a pot and a rather dark kettle suddenly appearing in my head [*-)]

[/quote]

Because your not very bright perhaps?

[:D][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because your not very bright perhaps?

[/quote]

That image just keeps getting stronger and stronger - lol!!  

The image I have of you is one of someone who believes everyone is laughing with them but really they are laughing at them. That image gets stronger!

Wish I hadn''t said that Stoke was about 20 miles further north than Norwich. Should have perhaps said it is on same line of Latitude as Sheringham or 20 miles nearer to the North Pole than Norwich or just that Neil Adams is not really a " northern whatever".

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Adams must have the most painful arse in football after sitting on the fence all these years. Well done Roeder, you have got rid of the boring northern tit![/quote]

Actually I think you''ll find he''s a "boring" Midlands tit, Arthur, he hails from Stoke on Trent. Mind you, England is so small that it''s very hard to know where the Midlands ends and the North begins.

Don''t let them bother you arthur, after all, we all know that Swaffham is ''up north'' don''t we ?  [:D]

The image I have of you is one of someone who believes everyone is laughing with them but really they are laughing at them. That image gets stronger!

[/quote]

Touche Oscar!  [:D]

Actually, I''m not bothered who is laughing at or with who. Believe it or not I can make up my own mind as to whether I find something funny or not.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]Or maybe he''ll have to find another job and relocate and wont be able to do Radio Norfolk anymore.....that would be a shame.[/quote]

i notice Craig Fleming has been on Radio norfolk alot recently... he knows people at the club but isnt working for us any more.. he also says it how it is....

perpahs he is replacing Adams on the Radio too?

jas :)

I''ve said before that guest presenters from this message board would be the way forward for Canary Call. I''d like it to be CJF and Tilly the first week [;)]

Anymore suggestions[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve said before that guest presenters from this message board would be the way forward for Canary Call. I''d like it to be CJF and Tilly the first week [;)]

Anymore suggestions[:^)]

[/quote]

fudger and cluckles with a guest monologue from our biggest fan.. We8WBA

jas :)

[quote user="tribes"]

Wish I hadn''t said that Stoke was about 20 miles further north than Norwich. Should have perhaps said it is on same line of Latitude as Sheringham or 20 miles nearer to the North Pole than Norwich or just that Neil Adams is not really a " northern whatever".

[/quote]

Tumbleweed .............................

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="tribes"]

[/quote]

Tumbleweed .............................

[/quote]

Well he certainly had people laughing WITH him. [:)]