Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

MADNESS AND DISGUSTING, ROEDER, NCFC U SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Of course im referring to Hucks leaving.This is pure madness for one, one look at his goal yesterday proves he''s still got it and would definitely be a positive addition to the promotion push next season. He may not be the Hucks of old but he''s far from finished and ive seen glimpses of his best form in recent weeks. Lets not forget he had no pre season followed by a hip injury. With a pre season and back to full fitness im sure we''d see plenty of Hucks magic next season.Roeder better know what he''s doing, releasing the life blood of Norwich City and the only decent attacker weve had at the club for years. Now what for next season? Not only do we have to replace Dion and Evans weve now gotta to find a new Huckerby, we will probably just about get away with finding adequate replacements for Dion and Evans but Hucks is irreplaceable.Secondly the way Hucks has been treated is totally disgusting and Roeder and the board should be ashamed. Not taking anything away from Dion, i went to Sheffield on sunday solely to say thanks and goodbye, but Dion''s been here a season and a half, Hucks has been a total legend from day one 5 yrs ago, he''s had more impact on Norwich''s results than any other player in recent history for my money.The point im making is that he deserved far more than Dion received as way of a thank you and goodbye. Look at the reception Di Canio got when he left West Ham. Everyone knew he was leaving, and at his last game he got a proper send off and a thank you to a legend for a job well done. What does Hucks get? To qoute a headline from yesterdays EDP, '''' Out with a whimper''''.

I agree its not that he is being let go, even though i think its a stupid decision, its the way its been done, Hux deserved better, look at Mellberg at Villa saturday, whats happened to our club, it only a family club when it suits them.

Yes defo, i was gonna mention Mellberg as that rang a bell, didnt know if he was leaving or not, but i bet he got a great ovation and thanks and goodbye and it was all pre planned.

No Room for Sentiment in football...

Hucks has been released because he is no longer up the standard in Roeders opinion.

He was a high wage earner and to give him a 1 year deal just to keep the fans happy would of been a stupid decision...

There will be another Darren Huckerby one day.. maybe next season who knows.... Good Luck Darren but lets see it from a team point of view shall we before we slag roeder off

jas :)

Time to see what Roeder is made of. He''s prepared to let the best player at the club go. If we''re starting next season relying on the likes of Shack, Cureton and the very average Fotheringham as captain to take us forward then we''ll know that Roeder isn''t the man for the job and we''ve all been let down.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hucks has been released because he is no longer up the standard in Roeders opinion.

He was a high wage earner and to give him a 1 year deal just to keep the fans happy would of been a stupid decision...

There will be another Darren Huckerby one day.. maybe next season who knows.... Good Luck Darren but lets see it from a team point of view shall we before we slag roeder off

[/quote]

Well said Jas. At the end of the day, as much as I want him here, GR can not bow to fans preasure, he is pid to make the football club and the team work, if it does not work and we are left with a pants left winger nxt season and we flop, then he will have to live by his sword.

Nothing to do with sentiment. Whether you agree or not about extending his contract it just shows what a gutless and cowardly manager we have in Glen Roeder. He clearly knew Huckerby was leaving but didn''t have the balls to say so before Sunday.

So because of this "brave " decision one of the clubs greatest ever players does not receive the thanks and send off he deserves.

I''m afraid Mr Roeder has done very little to enhance his reputation and the club should share his disgrace.

There is no way back for the club or Roeder unless he has a lot more money to spend than we are led to believe.

A new Huckerby, Dublin and Evans.....that will be £7 million please. What do you mean you still need another 10 players? thats another £7 million please.

[/quote]

How can the best player at the club not be good enough?

[quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Well said Jas. At the end of the day, as much as I want him here, GR can not bow to fans preasure, he is pid to make the football club and the team work, if it does not work and we are left with a pants left winger nxt season and we flop, then he will have to live by his sword.

[/quote]

It''s not that he''s going, that may prove to be the right thing, but the way it''s been handle has been a disgrace. Huckerby and the fans have been treated with no respect.

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"][quote user="canaries in Bed"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s not that he''s going, that may prove to be the right thing, but the way it''s been handle has been a disgrace. Huckerby and the fans have been treated with no respect.

[/quote]

I agree that it has not been handles 100%. Just hope he goes abroad now. There would still be a lot of clubs that would want him.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Nothing to do with sentiment. Whether you agree or not about extending his contract it just shows what a gutless and cowardly manager we have in Glen Roeder. He clearly knew Huckerby was leaving but didn''t have the balls to say so before Sunday.

So because of this "brave " decision one of the clubs greatest ever players does not receive the thanks and send off he deserves.

I''m afraid Mr Roeder has done very little to enhance his reputation and the club should share his disgrace.

There is no way back for the club or Roeder unless he has a lot more money to spend than we are led to believe.

A new Huckerby, Dublin and Evans.....that will be £7 million please. What do you mean you still need another 10 players? thats another £7 million please.

[/quote]

''Gutless'' , ''Cowardly'' - you child! Do you actually know anything about the modern game of Football? Haha, no way back? Why do you bother supporting the club if you have such a negative view. You really are a silly little child!

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

''Gutless'' , ''Cowardly'' - you child! Do you actually know anything about the modern game of Football? Haha, no way back? Why do you bother supporting the club if you have such a negative view. You really are a silly little child!

[/quote]

why dont you crawl back under your rock you obnoxious little cretin.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the club''s problem...''fans'' such as yourself. You don''t like something so you stamp your feet and cry about it. Roeder does something you think is wrong...SACK HIM. You are a joke. Just give it a rest. Everyone has an opinion. I trust Roeders opinion on football far more than my own or any of you! He''s a very intelligent man, let him do his thing and just support him.

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is the club''s problem...''fans'' such as yourself. You don''t like something so you stamp your feet and cry about it. Roeder does something you think is wrong...SACK HIM. You are a joke. Just give it a rest. Everyone has an opinion. I trust Roeders opinion on football far more than my own or any of you! He''s a very intelligent man, let him do his thing and just support him.

[/quote]

Tll me where i have said sack Roeder, oh you cant. I have said imo he will be out by xmas and he aint the messiah you Percy''s say he is, that is not saying SACK HIM. I think he has made some strange decisions, The way Hux has been treated is out of order it will all come back and bite him on the arris imo.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tll me where i have said sack Roeder, oh you cant. I have said imo he will be out by xmas and he aint the messiah you Percy''s say he is, that is not saying SACK HIM. I think he has made some strange decisions, The way Hux has been treated is out of order it will all come back and bite him on the arris imo.

[/quote]

Possibly not you yourself actually putting it in writing saying sack him, but that is the vibes that are being spread on these message boards when people get so irrate about such a small decision. Roeder is a great manager, and I believe that given the right funds and backing of the board, he can do wonders! Again, that is only my opinion. Of course everyone should have an opinion on the matter, but I don''t believe it to be correct to ''bash'' somebody, Roeder, just because of a decision that in his opinion is the correct one. If more supporters were to ''support'' the mangement and the board, then I believe the club would be a much happier place to be around, and hopefully, have an affect on all parties involved which certainly won''t do anything to harm the confidence in the squad!

Whilst I don''t think its been done properly, I think the management should be left up to Roeder. It''s his decision and why he is paid. It wouldn''t be fair if he made decisions to keep the fans happy and then be slated for making the wrong decisions. We can''t have it both ways.

I like the sounds coming from Roeder!

[quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Useless pigs lost me money"][quote user="jbghost"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly not you yourself actually putting it in writing saying sack him, but that is the vibes that are being spread on these message boards when people get so irrate about such a small decision. Roeder is a great manager, and I believe that given the right funds and backing of the board, he can do wonders! Again, that is only my opinion. Of course everyone should have an opinion on the matter, but I don''t believe it to be correct to ''bash'' somebody, Roeder, just because of a decision that in his opinion is the correct one. If more supporters were to ''support'' the mangement and the board, then I believe the club would be a much happier place to be around, and hopefully, have an affect on all parties involved which certainly won''t do anything to harm the confidence in the squad!

[/quote]

Tell me any part of Roeder''s CV makes him a Great manager, passable, competent, great he is not. i personally believe whoever took over could not have been worse than Grant he was hopeless.

Even during our unbeaten run i said we were papering  over cracks and i would love to know where this free flowing football Roeder is on about, his job was to keep us up he did it JUST but he certainly aint no Ferguson in the making.

Be fair to Roeder though Ricky, he came in at a very terrible time for the club. At the rate we were going, we were down! Now you are right, he saved us, just, but saved us never-the-less with a squad of Grants misfits and some young guns he brought in on loan. Now I for one was certainly looking forward to seeing some players brought in in January, this wasnt to be. The reasoning for this is surely quite simple, why bother paying over the odds for something you can get cheaper in the summer. It''s a true fact of any football club. If they know a player is wanted at that time of the season...to disrupt their whole squad etc etc at that time of the year...why not sell them for more? This is why, with the limited budget we have, Roeder decided not to buy! I think we should get 100% fully behind him with any decisions he makes, until the point at whcih we are back where we started, then he has to go, simple! Was Peter Grant ever going to win us the league? I really dont think so. So I believe Roeder, with the extensive knowledge of the game he posses'', he will get us on a run and hopefully the football will be flowing smoothly! I think he will get in the players the club need and get them playing the football they need to, to win this league. He starts fresh. No bottom of the league scraps! Have faith!

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

is he? short memory.. how many people were saying he was past it this season? ... best player???? or are we a better side without him now??? results dont lie and next season will prove it.

[/quote]''''Hucks has been released because he is no longer up the standard in Roeders opinion.''''But the Doc and Patterson are and Hucks isn''t??  God save us.

[quote user="Iwan is God"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

how is he the best player?

based on two seasons ago

I can live with the fact that Huckerby wont be here next season. What i cannot understand is that IF the decision was made prior to either the QPR game or the Sheff Wed game,why wasn''t it made public knowledge. What was to gain by keeping it all a big secret?