Sign in to follow this  
Waller

Newcastle release Ramage and Carr!

Sky Sports news have comfirmed Newcastle have released Ramage + Carr. I think there is a very good chance they could be heading for carrow road which would be great new imo. Stephen Carr will be good competetion with semmy especially now that valesco and cave-brown have bin released. Ramage i hear is mainly a centre back but can also operate at right-back plus i suspect roeder rates ramage quite highly from his newcastle days. These two on free tranfers could be a good start for the team rebuild. Not trying to start any rumours as all this is just my opinion.

Wot do we reckon?

I reckon you might have a very good point - I think Carr in particular could be quite good in this league.

It''s all a case of wait and see though...

Isnt Carr very injury prone though?   Or does that only effect players whilst they are at Newcastle.

[quote user="Duffman"]Isnt Carr very injury prone though?   Or does that only effect players whilst they are at Newcastle.
[/quote]

dunno.. has Luke chadwick ever been there?

jas :)

Newcastle have also released Troisi as well, a very capable young winger who was thought very highly of at one point. I''d be tempted to give all three a go, although with Carr I''d only give him a year long contract to make sure his injuries are cured.

And so the merry go round begins!  How exciting!  And far more productive than the threads moanong about Huckerby.  Imagine if his wages have freed up all three Newcastle guys - would we be crying then?

[quote user="Waller"]

Sky Sports news have comfirmed Newcastle have released Ramage + Carr. I think there is a very good chance they could be heading for carrow road which would be great new imo. Stephen Carr will be good competetion with semmy especially now that valesco and cave-brown have bin released. Ramage i hear is mainly a centre back but can also operate at right-back plus i suspect roeder rates ramage quite highly from his newcastle days. These two on free tranfers could be a good start for the team rebuild. Not trying to start any rumours as all this is just my opinion.

Wot do we reckon?

[/quote]

Huckerby''s wages won''t free up 3 Premier wages. Carr would want similar wage to Huckerby I''d imagine.

But a substantial part of them it would, which would be the difference between signings and not.

[quote user="Grando"]Huckerby''s wages won''t free up 3 Premier wages. Carr would want similar wage to Huckerby I''d imagine.[/quote]

Just imagine is right, because it ain''t gonna happen.

This is the trouble - we all assume that Huckerby''s wages will go into team strengthening but in my long experience with NCFC things don''t work that way. I hope I''m wrong but I bet you before the season starts there will be more threads saying "wheres the money gone" than debating whether Roeder has spent the Huckerby cash wisely.

[quote user="Wings"]

Newcastle have also released Troisi as well, a very capable young winger who was thought very highly of at one point. I''d be tempted to give all three a go, although with Carr I''d only give him a year long contract to make sure his injuries are cured.

[/quote]

I agree Wings, or we could give him a week to week contract, but it is unlikely that Carr himself would go for this. I have heard good things about the young winger to, so could always give him a trial and see what Roeder thinks of him. I think it will be quite tough to bring Ramage in because he will have a fair bit of interest in him, he was a first team regular at some point....must of slipped somewhere! Roeder will have good links with these players being former Newcastle boss so this could be quite handy

[quote user="jimmy500"]I would have Carr here in a heartbeat.  Quality right back.  Hasn''t quite worked out for him at Newcastle, but he was class at Spurs....[/quote]

Looked a good prospect, failed to progress.

Too many big pay packets.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

there will be more threads saying "wheres the money gone"

[/quote]

Yes, and there will be plenty of counter-threads putting forward logical explanations for where the money has gone. Mainly because nobody actually knows the correct answer.