Sign in to follow this  
Heffers Canary

Hucks and Dions last game

Assuming by the Sheffield Wednesday game we have hopefully confirmed our safety(!), does anyone think we should do something special as its certainly Dions last game and possibly Hucks''s aswell. I know we are all disappointed with how the season has gone but I think we should try and remember the good times, (not that they''re dying!), and do something a bit different to say thanks. I mean if it wasn''t for the arrival of Hucks, it may not have spurred us on to go up and I know I for one am going to miss Dions finger pointing goal celebration. Anyway maybe something to think about after QPR game, hey maybe even after Saturday if those pigs start flying and we get a result against the Baggies.

I think we should do something at the last home game against QPR there will be more of us.

Theres nothing to say we can''t do something at both because I''m assuming there are people out there like me who can''t necessarily go to both ( having to work 2 weekends a month ). Its just a question of what though........

We could look into getting a ''Thank You Hux and Dion'' flag, like the one that we had for while for the opening of the jarrold stand and like the Kop uses at Anfield. I think it would get the point across and prove to be a nice touch and would gain recognition from the two players if it was to passed around by the whole crowd.Anyone think this would be a good idea?

How about a special theme? Not sure what, but I remember Sheff Wednesday used to have a paradise theme and all dressed up and had the beach balls and stuff. Maybe the EDP or Pink''un or whoever will print some posters in the paper for us to all hold up. Something must be done though because Huckerby has done so much for this club, despite having a poor season this time round and Dublin is a true professional.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Hucks won''t leave. He''s shown recently there''s life in the old dog yet
[/quote]

I don''t want him to leave but I''m pretty sure that hes going abroad for a year or two [:(]

I do think we should do something for them both though.

I like this suggestion, I would hope that we could at the very least get a few Hucks and Dion songs going on the last home game of the season along with some thank-you signs, which people in the crowd could hold up, so that these two players know that we fans truely appreciate what the two lads have done for us fans in their time at this club, especially Huckerby because he has been a fantastic player for Norwich for over 5 years and if it wasn''t for him then we probably wouldn''t of experianced our division one Championship and the Premier league highs and lows in the following season, which was certainly two of the better years in my time of being a Norwich City fan.

I would hope that we will know by the QPR game what exactly the future holds for Huckerby, be it with Norwich City or without because if any Norwich City player deserves a good send off it''s him.

potentailly this weekend is there last game now

sending off or injury will be the end of their norwich careers

both great players for you and wish them well in the future especially dion who is model pro

but its time for norwich to move on

if you get pen in last game who gets it hucks or dublin? im guessing dion myself

what about at sheff weds getting some t-shirts ala Gossy style when we were in europe? Or some kind of banner with Hucks and Dion May the 4th be with you?! (very bad joke sorry .....!)

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]what about at sheff weds getting some t-shirts ala Gossy style when we were in europe? Or some kind of banner with Hucks and Dion May the 4th be with you?! (very bad joke sorry .....!)[/quote]

if you get free light saber i may turn up

It COULD be a star wars theme though!  Darth Vader masks and Light sabres can you imagine? they would have to extend the list of things banned from football grounds! flag poles, gas canisters and light sabres..  I can just see it now!!

nice idea.

we''ll be in the top tier (of the stand that is!!!) so may not be that visible.. worth bearing in mind.

I think me and my mum will probably be top tier aswell but we are still thinking of getting some kind of poster/banner. Just not sure whether we will be allowed in with it or not so are going to check.

How about they thanks us. Just a thought, seeings we help pay their wages to play the glorious game at such a great club for such fantastic fans and to live a life of comparative luxury...

Sorry Manchester Canary, but if I''m pissed off at any one taking my money its Alastair Darling and Gordon Brown not Hucks and Dion. We all make the choice to follow the team knowing where the money will most probably end up going, its a bit late to hold it against them now!

cool thanks. intending to do a quick zoom around the local art store tomorrow and pick up some supplies etc. just need to think up some slogans...

1) oh huckerby wont you stay another year or three? ( could be a good song?!)

and.............