Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

Fozzy and Russell

I know that 80% of people think that statistics are useless, but...Our record when Fozzy and Russell have played together in central midfield this season:  P18 W 10 D4 L4 Points 34 Points per game 1.89When Russell has played but not Fozzy: P17 W 1 D5 L11 Points 8 Points per game 0.47When Fozzy has played but not Russell: P6 W1 D1 L4 points 6 Points per game 1.0When neither have played: P2 W1 D0 L1 points 3 Points per game 1.5

What do I conclude?To those who don''t think Fozzy has made a difference: we have only won two league games when he hasn''t been in the side. (And, out of a spirit of fairness, I didn''t include the Southampton home game when we were 0-1 down when he came on and 2-1 up when he went off...)Rusty and Fozzy are a decent partnership in this league - they work well together.Both must play on Saturday.

yup, the end of our unbeaten run conincided with Russells two suspensions.suprise suprise.

I was thinking that too, probably why I was very miffed with Russell for his 2nd sending off, we looked statble with both of them together. I think that they are enough for this league. We just need better back up players.

like i have said countless times in the past.. Fozy is Technically our best player.. not in the same vein that perhaps Hucks is....  but the stats bear this out...

jas :)

The stats don''t lie, they''re a good partnership. What''s more worrying, perhaps, is how much we appear to collapse when one of thems not in the team!

Good stats, those.  I have to say at the start of the season I didn''t see what Fotheringham added but in the last few games I''ve been impressed by his leadership.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]wheres sam now then?[/quote]

I am at home reading these useless statistics, "Fozzy" played on saturday and russell didn''t and what was the score???

I won''t change my opinion, i think he is overrated by a lot of Norwich fans and he is crap.  

[quote user="sam"]

I am at home reading these useless statistics, "Fozzy" played on saturday and russell didn''t and what was the score???

I won''t change my opinion, i think he is overrated by a lot of Norwich fans and he is crap.  

[/quote]Changing your mind isn''t a sign of weakness, Sam. If the stats show anything, they suggest that with Russell and Fozzy we look a decent side. Without Russell, we lack bite and energy in midfield. Without Fozzy we don''t keep hold of the ball well enough - the stats suggest he is the more significan absentee. When he doesn''t play, we''ve only won two games.I really recommend you watch him on Saturday. If he plays like the majority of his games, you''ll see tackling, leadership, industry and decent passing. Short of Zizou, what more do you want from a central midfielder?

They are vitally important as when they are not playing together or at all, we have struggled. I think next season our midfield should include Rusty, Fozzy and Pattison as a core in the middle, with Croft wide right and well.. who knows out wide on the left.

By doing this, it gives us one big man up front, a new Dion, someone tall, strong, quick and with an eye for goal.

Would be different and potentially very good, especially as we are one of these teams who dont seem to be able to dominate the midfield, maybe an extra man in the middle will help this cause?

[quote user="sam"]

and he is crap.  

[/quote]

Maybe not crap but he def lacks the quality needed to move our club forward. These stats are objective and dont really prove anything. Have we won a game this season where we were the underdogs? Cardiff and Southampton are the only two that spring to my mind? My point is - Oposition, run of hard/easy games are massive factors that dismiss such stats.