Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Is Our Sponsor On The Way Out?

Interesting article on Flybe on the following shortcut. http://www.yahoo.com/s/846841

It does not sound like Chief Commercial Officer at Flybe, Mike Rutter, is very happy with all things Norwich at the moment. Does this put the sponsorship of the club into jeopardy, or am I behind on this news and we have other sponsors/options?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

or am I behind on this news and we have other sponsors/options?

[/quote]

Central Trust PLC....

Wait and see...

jas :)

You are behind on this as the Club has refused to comment on the sponsorship situation.

The ''Man'' in his column last week stated that Flybe are not taking up their optional one year extension this year.

The Club has also been selling both the home and away shirts cheap for a few weeks now.

Rumours are circulating on the new sponsors but nothing official as of yet.

Apparently Flybe have been hiring actors to pose as NCFC footballers this season, which goes some way to explaining our plight.

[quote user="Grando"]Apparently Flybe have been hiring actors to pose as NCFC footballers this season, which goes some way to explaining our plight.[/quote]

If that''s the case perhaps, instead of an Oscar, we should provide them with a parachute.

[quote user="Grando"]Apparently Flybe have been hiring actors to pose as NCFC footballers this season, which goes some way to explaining our plight.[/quote]

LOL! [:D]

[quote user="Grando"]Apparently Flybe have been hiring actors to pose as NCFC footballers this season, which goes some way to explaining our plight.[/quote] That''s funny Grando !   [:D]

The whole hartson episode makes more sense now you said that!  Although to be fair his acting ability was pretty poor as many people questioned his actual likeness to a professional football player!

Thinking about it what actors could play people at Norwich in the movie version of the season??

Peter Grant = Robert Carlisle

Delia = Dame Judy Dench

Glenda = Al Pacino or Beaker from the muppets

Doomcaster = Steve Buscemi

Hartson = Ricky Tomlinson or Phil Mitchell

Dion = Will Smith

Any other suggestions?

From what I hear, the club have been very dissappointed with flybe and won''t be wanting them to extend their sponsorship, and have already been looking towards getting a successor.

To be honest, in terms of being a fan, what have flybe done for us?  They sponsor our team, and yet they have done nothing in the way of offering cheap flights for fans to away matches.  With flybe flying out of airports all over britain, surely this would be an easy idea, and would have helped towards reaching their targets, which they have spoken about recently.  Imagine Southampton for example, they could have brought more fans here and we could''ve taken more down there.  To be honest, flybe certainly is nowhere near the cheapest low-cost airline out there and doing things like would make them more popular for other destinations

Surely A PASSENGER is A PASSENGER regardless of whether they pay a fare or not.

I wonder how that contract between Flybe and the airport defines a passeneger? If there is no definition in the contract I would have thought Flybe is entitled to its rebate.

Any legal bods have a view?

Too be honest this isn''t that bad a news. Like somebody above pointed out flybe haven''t done anything for norwich. Proton and Lotus really got into the sponsorship and all parties made something out of it. Flybe isn''t that cheap, they are cutting more and more flights from norwich and on the 6 occassions I have used flybe I have been delayed probably an average of 3 hours. Last time I was delayed 11 hours flying back from paris, I could have drove home quicker in a tractor.

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

Thinking about it what actors could play people at Norwich in the movie version of the season??

Peter Grant = Robert Carlisle

Delia = Dame Judy Dench

Glenda = Al Pacino or Beaker from the muppets

Doomcaster = Steve Buscemi

Hartson = Ricky Tomlinson or Phil Mitchell

Dion = Will Smith

Any other suggestions?

[/quote]With our prudence with ambition motto - surely hiring costly actors to portray BFJ (Big Fat John) would not be cost effective when Matty Pattison looks exactly like him!!

[quote]How about Ben Stiller as Hucks?[/quote]

you have noticed the resemblence as well... also, hucks = the guy from the Hoosiers.... funny how u never see them together!

jas :)