Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

just back from NCISA roedy meeting!!!

We dont blame Roeder if we go down, i have heard it all now, the whole club must share the blame in my book, Board, Roeder, players and the fans who stand by letting it happen, its a blxxdy disgrace where we are now, let alone go down. We should have got Taylor at the asking price, the place would have got a lift, plus a proven striker, it would not have skint us, going down will cost more. I am not asking for millions just a hint we are at least having a go.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

So would you still have the courage to go toe to wheel with Mumby and Smith, Wiz?[/quote]

Lol.[:)]

But seriously, yes, I would, I did at Gt Yarmouth and Lowestoft,  and I would again, and anywhere of their chosing!.

[quote user="Mook"]

And Wizard - because you will listen to nobody is the very reason your comments aren''t worth the air they''re using. I couldn''t care less what someone who couldn''t care less thinks.

[/quote]

I listen to many worthy posters on here, but if you mean I don''t listen, or care about the likes of you, then that much is true!.[:|]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]

doncaster was due up alongside roeder but didn''t appear until 10 mins from the end - and then he stood on the periphery.   [/quote]

Is that right.. Tilly.. Kathy??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

doncaster was due up alongside roeder but didn''t appear until 10 mins from the end - and then he stood on the periphery.   [/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not Tilly or Kathy but no thats not true, Doncaster dropped him off and then turned up 10 mins before the end to pick him up, he was never part of the fans forum hence the title ''come and meet Glen Roeder''

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

this except is taken from tilly''s post earlier on in this thread.

Just

to clarify what gazzathegreat has said,as chair of the meeting the only

taboo subject that i mentioned under our usual rules of engagement when

hosting a guest at a NCISA forum was the subject of a certain player

being arrested for drink driving last weekend.The circumstances

surrounding the arrest are only the subject of rumour and as yet the

player has not appeared at court.At no stage were "money/board side of

things" removed from the radar.The Chief Executive only appeared at the

back of the room some 10 minutes before the end of the forum and it was

never intended that he occupy a top table seat.I am sure that Cityangel

will later in the day give a full comprehensive  overview of the

evening.However i hope she does not include her chat up line to me at

the bar afterwards when i was offered some one on one tuition.

as i arrived late, and queued for a pint, i obviously wasn''t paying attention to this.  i sincerely believed donny was due in at the same time as roeder and would also be available for questions.  donny did advise to tilly he was on his way at the start of the meeting, but didn''t appear, roeder turning up alone.  donny did turn up later at the end.   my apologies for mis-interpreting the situaaashun....

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

I have to say not too impressed. A typical Norfolk audience gave him an easy ride probably reflecting the fact that we are in trouble and there is not a lot of point of making things worse. Glenn outlined many of the improvements he has already achieved but to be honest these have not yet been translated to where it matters -on to the matchday pitch. He mentioned better standards etc yet he turned up 15 minutes late !!!

I came away with the impression that Glenn is a "big manager" but speaking to wise old heads afterwards the general view was that the jury remains out. Having said that he received generous applause at the end.

First time I had been behind the scenes at Jarrold stand. Havn''t they spent a fortune !!!

[/quote]

Therein lies much of the problem of the last three years I''m afraid. That is exactly why the Board let the situation drift under Worthy for so long because whilst the message boards may have been packed with vitriol, AGM''s and public meetings were (by and large) back slapping affairs with people falling over themselves to flirt with The Cook and say how wonderful she was. Even at the last AGM in October when things could hardly have been worse, the amount of pressure the Board were subjected to was pretty minimal really. I was one of probably 15 or so fans who raised our hands to vote against the re-appointment of The Stowmarket Two. The sheer fury on her face was revealing. If looks could kill we would have been ''six foot under'' at that time!  Smith''s response to any form of criticism however measured and objective is extremely basic (and limited).........''you''re so ungrateful, just remember what it was like before Michael and I took over''. 12 years later and that tired old line is still being trotted out and people still fall for it!

[/quote]

If looks could kill we would have been ''six foot under'' at that time!  Smith''s response to any form of criticism however measured and objective is extremely basic (and limited).........''you''re so ungrateful, just remember what it was like before Michael and I took over''. 12 years later and that tired old line is still being trotted out and people still fall for it!

Rider, I know exactly where you''re coming from.......I have had ''The Stowmarket Stare''........and more or less verbatim, the same line thrust at me because my ''opinion'' (which was certainly not insulting, derogatory or vitriolic) - just didn''t fit in, with what they like to hear........Her retort/reaction, made Heather Mills ''McCartney''s'' rant, seem like Ms Mills is a soft spoken, shy and retiring sweetie......Still, I''m only a ''concerned'' long and current ''loyal'' supporting fan of NCFC, so who am I to question them, eh? 

[quote user="The Sweeney"]Sorry Kathy but you are way out of line on this one. Perhaps if you stopped to think for one minute you may realise that some of us may well be at work,have family committments or other personal resons for not attending. Against that background what right do you have to make such crass comments such as " quite frankly its a job to take you seriously" Talk about calling the kettle black. I think you owe us an apology and pretty damm quick.[/quote]

Sorry, but you''re wrong on this one Sweeney. It''s quite clear that Kathy was talking about those people who make a lot of noise on these message boards but then don''t say a word when they get the chance to address the manager in person. She was not talking about those people (such as you?) who couldn''t go last night because of other commitments.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]roeder is certainly an impressive individual.  but, he said the meeting was off the record - so i''ll respect that and not repeat what he said.

he''s a believeable character from humble origins, i would imagine, who has been brought up to know the value of things and other people.  overall, i liked what he had to say.  he has a presence, and is 100% determined.  he says he loves this job, but then so did the previous 2. 

if he''s given the funds, i''ll think he''ll do well for us. 

and btw - imo he will keep us up - the sheer force  of his personality will ensure those around him are equally inspired. 

[/quote]

LGT - the meeting last night was NOT off the record. Just because someone says that it is doesn''t make it the case. It was an open meeting advertised in the press for everyone to attend. As such, anything that was said at the meeting can be repeated by the media, by you to your mates in the pub or on these message boards.

Just think what would happen if at every meeting that was held anywhere, the people talking could just say "This is off the record" and then spout all kinds of nonsense. What if Neil Doncaster said it at an AGM?

If Roeder doesn''t want the 24,000 Carrow Road regulars to know what he has to say, that''s fine, but he shouldn''t then tell the 150 who turned up last night.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

I have to say not too impressed. A typical Norfolk audience gave him an easy ride probably reflecting the fact that we are in trouble and there is not a lot of point of making things worse. Glenn outlined many of the improvements he has already achieved but to be honest these have not yet been translated to where it matters -on to the matchday pitch. He mentioned better standards etc yet he turned up 15 minutes late !!!

I came away with the impression that Glenn is a "big manager" but speaking to wise old heads afterwards the general view was that the jury remains out. Having said that he received generous applause at the end.

First time I had been behind the scenes at Jarrold stand. Havn''t they spent a fortune !!!

[/quote]

Therein lies much of the problem of the last three years I''m afraid. That is exactly why the Board let the situation drift under Worthy for so long because whilst the message boards may have been packed with vitriol, AGM''s and public meetings were (by and large) back slapping affairs with people falling over themselves to flirt with The Cook and say how wonderful she was. Even at the last AGM in October when things could hardly have been worse, the amount of pressure the Board were subjected to was pretty minimal really. I was one of probably 15 or so fans who raised our hands to vote against the re-appointment of The Stowmarket Two. The sheer fury on her face was revealing. If looks could kill we would have been ''six foot under'' at that time!  Smith''s response to any form of criticism however measured and objective is extremely basic (and limited).........''you''re so ungrateful, just remember what it was like before Michael and I took over''. 12 years later and that tired old line is still being trotted out and people still fall for it!

[/quote]

If looks could kill we would have been ''six foot under'' at that time!  Smith''s response to any form of criticism however measured and objective is extremely basic (and limited).........''you''re so ungrateful, just remember what it was like before Michael and I took over''. 12 years later and that tired old line is still being trotted out and people still fall for it!

Rider, I know exactly where you''re coming from.......I have had ''The Stowmarket Stare''........and more or less verbatim, the same line thrust at me because my ''opinion'' (which was certainly not insulting, derogatory or vitriolic) - just didn''t fit in, with what they like to hear........Her retort/reaction, made Heather Mills ''McCartney''s'' rant, seem like Ms Mills is a soft spoken, shy and retiring sweetie......Still, I''m only a ''concerned'' long and current ''loyal'' supporting fan of NCFC, so who am I to question them, eh? 

[/quote]i once had a teacher give me ''the sprowston stare'' - but because she was cross-eyed, it was less intimidating, cos it looked like she was staring out the urchin on the next desk - although her face was full on to me!!!scarey - hope i sleep tonight!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A close friend of mine has had the "treatment" at the last two AGM`s for daring to politely ask a few difficult questions.  He`s also been booed and told to "shut up" by other supporters.  These displays of petty-minded arrogance bring to mind Chase in his last days.

We are constantly told that football clubs have to be run like any other business, yet any board who had failed their company the way ours has lately would face a real grilling by shareholders at every opportunity.  Unfortunately a good number of City supporters seem more concerned about protecting the over-inflated egos of a few individuals than the overall good of the club. 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The Chase out period was a classic example of the predominant Nofolk mentality.  Even at it`s height, less than a thousand people actively protested and the papers were packed with letters uncannily similar to what i still regularly read on here: "we`re a small country club who are lucky to be in the second division", "the team may be rubbish and on a downward spiral but look at the lovely ground and land the club own", and of course the classic "there`s no-one to take over, so shut up and concentrate on the football".  There was also verbal abuse, spitting and threats of physical violence against those of us protesting outside.

Suffice to say i`m sure everyone celebrated when the efforts of the protestors got rid of Chase and Delia took over, bringing a new direction and confidence to the club.  Now the club have gone down the same blind alley of putting infrastructure before the team it is like history repeating itself.  And of course all the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what, will continue to wheel out the same tired old arguments, but will probably celebrate again when the efforts of those with a bit of backbone instigate the changes neccessary to see our club move forward again......

[/quote]Quoted because people need to read this again. And re read it.

What a shame we can''t all agree a date and place to get together at the end of the season to discuss our club. With or without anyone official from the club. Would surely be some discussion! Wouldn''t like to chair it to be honest.

For what it''s worth, the meeting with Glenn Roeder was well worth attending, as I have to say all NCISA events are. No, I don''t suppose any of us expect the answer to all our problems, but to be honest I don''t think GR expects his actions alone will solve them anyway.

Most of our shortcomings are due to years of gross mismanagement upstairs, which sadly has been reflected on what managers can do and what happens on the pitch.

I am sure NCISA will try to sort out a meeting with someone on the board, but how many would attend a meeting of that stature? The AGM and forum on Open Days are really most people''s chance to air their views.

Having attended these in the past I have to say it''s NOT EASY to put your point across without being patronised by the board or told you are not a true supporter. I have had the evil stare as Mello has, but then again I thought it was well known that Delia doesn''t take criticism well. I have been told by someone at Archant that she has told them not to ever criticise her or the club in the paper. Well they have of course, but it does give you some idea of what any detractor is up against.

Is it just me or does that really explain Neil Doncaster''s presence at many club outings. He was there on Monday night, but not on the top table, but apparently available if anyone wanted to discuss things with him. Maybe some did, but then again, not everyone posts on here, so we may never know.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A close friend of mine has had the "treatment" at the last two AGM`s for daring to politely ask a few difficult questions.  He`s also been booed and told to "shut up" by other supporters.  These displays of petty-minded arrogance bring to mind Chase in his last days.

We are constantly told that football clubs have to be run like any other business, yet any board who had failed their company the way ours has lately would face a real grilling by shareholders at every opportunity.  Unfortunately a good number of City supporters seem more concerned about protecting the over-inflated egos of a few individuals than the overall good of the club. 

[/quote]

Give a few examples of the way that the Board has failed the Company just lately please?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Give a few examples of the way that the Board has failed the Company just lately please?

[/quote]

ROFL.  If this is a joke post then it`s a bloody good one!  If it`s serious then you need serious help mate......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

And of course all the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what, will continue to wheel out the same tired old arguments, but will probably celebrate again when the efforts of those with a bit of backbone instigate the changes neccessary to see our club move forward again......

[/quote]

Which one are you Mr Carrow?

Hanging around a message board such as this under an assumed name quoting from the accounts day in day out doesn''t take any backbone whatsoever. Anybody can do it, provided they keep the accounts as close to hand as you appear to [;)]. What are you actually doing to instigate change? Even if you tried to organise a meeting between the dissenting voices on here to discuss the direction the club is taking it would be a start. But instead you lurk waiting for anybody to post anything even remotely supportive of the board, jump on them and then retire safe in the knowledge that you''ve ''done your bit''.

In my opinion the problem we face isn''t ''the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what''. In all honesty you''re probably wasting your time trying to change most of these peoples minds. The problem is those who are unhappy with the direction the club is taking and who support change, but renew their season tickets regardless. They''re the people I have a problem with.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

The Chase out period was a classic example of the predominant Nofolk mentality.  Even at it`s height, less than a thousand people actively protested and the papers were packed with letters uncannily similar to what i still regularly read on here: "we`re a small country club who are lucky to be in the second division", "the team may be rubbish and on a downward spiral but look at the lovely ground and land the club own", and of course the classic "there`s no-one to take over, so shut up and concentrate on the football".  There was also verbal abuse, spitting and threats of physical violence against those of us protesting outside.

Suffice to say i`m sure everyone celebrated when the efforts of the protestors got rid of Chase and Delia took over, bringing a new direction and confidence to the club.  Now the club have gone down the same blind alley of putting infrastructure before the team it is like history repeating itself.  And of course all the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what, will continue to wheel out the same tired old arguments, but will probably celebrate again when the efforts of those with a bit of backbone instigate the changes neccessary to see our club move forward again......

[/quote]

Quoted because people need to read this again. And re read it.
[/quote]

I wonder how many of the "the board are above criticism" brigade supported and took part in the protests which opened the way for them to take over?  In my experience these people supported the status quo back then, support it now and will continue to support it no matter how far we fall as a club- but see no hypocrisy in celebrating when the efforts of others bring about change for the better.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve read this, and re-read it. As far as I can tell, it says the following;

The last time we fought to get rid of a board, it turned out that the replacements were no better. So what we should do is fight to get rid of the current board because this time it''ll definitely work!!!

Now I''m no Steven Hawking, but isn''t that flawed logic?

Mr.Carrow -

ROFL.  If this is a joke post then it`s a bloody good one!  If it`s serious then you need serious help mate......

Just lately, what mistakes have the Board made just lately? How far back are you going to go? How far back is just lately in your book? Name the mistakes they have made this year to have gotten us this close to the relegation zone.

Regards Mr Carrow''s memory of the Chase scenario I have a rather different recollection of things.  Whilst the Norfolk press have always had a fairly cosy relationship with the club, I don''t remember any much other than a fairly unpleasant campaign (and rightly so) towards Mr Chase from fans and the people of Norfolk.  Anyone who was stood outside the ground when the police horses charged the fans would I am sure say that there is no shortage of fight in Norwich fans when the believe something is truly wrong at the club. 

As for the 1000 fans outside the ground there were certainly more than that at some points and if you were at the Villa game on the last day of the season you would know that the game was effectively a Chase Out protest from start to finish with even the Villa fans joining in!!!  At this point in time Norwich were averaging around 15,000 fans that season not all of whom feel comfortable protesting in that kind of manner.  And the campaign stretched across the country as I remember seeing countless "Chase Out" signs in the back of cars as far away as the West Country and up north.

I don''t buy into the small club scenario at all, and for me the fan base increase and change in demographics of them has contributed to a change in the clubs support.  I thinkthat the club has been dreadfully run since we got promoted to the Premiership.  Worthington bought badly, could not motivate the players, should have been sacked when we went down.  To then appoint Grant was a cheap disaster, who then wasted the parachute payments vital to return to the premiership.  In my opinion Neil Doncaster''s appointment (Alaistar Campbells brother?) as CE has coincided with the poor management of the club and has a lot to answer for generally.  And whilst Roeder is not everyones cup of tea we were an absolute relegation cert under Grant, and Roeder has turned things round to an extent, and should be given a chance.  Given how many players we are likely to need in the closed season even next year might be a struggle.

Unfortunately since we came down from the Premiership the financial game has changed immensely and thats what it comes down to.  Delia hasn''t got that much cash and until (hopefully) the likes of Mr Cullum comes along it will be difficult for the club to compete in the transfer market.  It is only my opinion but I do believe if Roeder is given time, a reasonable level of funds, and our support he will turn the club round.  As for the board and the hierachy at the club they have made some crass mistakes and should hold their hands up and admit some errors rather than ploughing on heads down.

[quote user="bunny"]Mr.Carrow -

Just lately, what mistakes have the Board made just lately? How far back are you going to go? How far back is just lately in your book? Name the mistakes they have made this year to have gotten us this close to the relegation zone.

[/quote]

I supported the board until promotion bunny and was a bit puzzled, but supportive through the Prem season.  Perhaps a better question would be what exactly the board have got right since since relegation?  I still think Roeder is an excellent appointment, but can you give me anything else?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="vos"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i once had a teacher give me ''the sprowston stare'' - but because she was cross-eyed, it was less intimidating, cos it looked like she was staring out the urchin on the next desk - although her face was full on to me!!!

scarey - hope i sleep tonight!!!

[/quote]

the Swaffam stare involves 3 eyes and 1 eyebrow

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Jim Duffy"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve read this, and re-read it. As far as I can tell, it says the following;

The last time we fought to get rid of a board, it turned out that the replacements were no better. So what we should do is fight to get rid of the current board because this time it''ll definitely work!!!

Now I''m no Steven Hawking, but isn''t that flawed logic?

[/quote]

The obvious point Mook is that it was working until the board decided to go down the Chase road and throw millions at infrastructure and tie millions of the clubs money up in land speculation.  And i have never campaigned to get rid of the current board.  What i have said is that they need to get back to focussing 100% on team matters, as we`ve all seen the result of treating the team as a side issue.  If they can`t or won`t do that then they deserve all the criticism they are getting, and some.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

And of course all the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what, will continue to wheel out the same tired old arguments, but will probably celebrate again when the efforts of those with a bit of backbone instigate the changes neccessary to see our club move forward again......

[/quote]

Which one are you Mr Carrow?

Hanging around a message board such as this under an assumed name quoting from the accounts day in day out doesn''t take any backbone whatsoever. Anybody can do it, provided they keep the accounts as close to hand as you appear to [;)]. What are you actually doing to instigate change? Even if you tried to organise a meeting between the dissenting voices on here to discuss the direction the club is taking it would be a start. But instead you lurk waiting for anybody to post anything even remotely supportive of the board, jump on them and then retire safe in the knowledge that you''ve ''done your bit''.

In my opinion the problem we face isn''t ''the conservatives who will defend the status quo no matter what''. In all honesty you''re probably wasting your time trying to change most of these peoples minds. The problem is those who are unhappy with the direction the club is taking and who support change, but renew their season tickets regardless. They''re the people I have a problem with.

[/quote]

As Gtg pointed out earlier, back in the Chase days we had fanzines which were a vehicle for supporters frustrations and also a way for "the other side of the story" to be told, instead of the club/media spin (i was involved in running one).  Message boards such as this one have basically replaced the fanzines and i believe that opinions expressed on these boards carry quite a long way and are quite influential.  It`s interesting that most of the archant football columnists have written pieces critical of the board which could almost line by line have been taken from this board.  One even seemed to be quoting figures from one of my posts (fine by me....).

Organising meetings etc. is basically pointless unless there is a major groundswell of opinion that the board are taking the club in the wrong direction.  It is happening, and i am hopeful that the pressure has the board re-evaluating their priorities, but this is Norfolk......it`s very, very slow.......

[quote user="Punting Canary"]

Regards Mr Carrow''s memory of the Chase scenario I have a rather different recollection of things.  Whilst the Norfolk press have always had a fairly cosy relationship with the club, I don''t remember any much other than a fairly unpleasant campaign (and rightly so) towards Mr Chase from fans and the people of Norfolk.  Anyone who was stood outside the ground when the police horses charged the fans would I am sure say that there is no shortage of fight in Norwich fans when the believe something is truly wrong at the club. 

As for the 1000 fans outside the ground there were certainly more than that at some points and if you were at the Villa game on the last day of the season you would know that the game was effectively a Chase Out protest from start to finish with even the Villa fans joining in!!!  At this point in time Norwich were averaging around 15,000 fans that season not all of whom feel comfortable protesting in that kind of manner.  And the campaign stretched across the country as I remember seeing countless "Chase Out" signs in the back of cars as far away as the West Country and up north.

I don''t buy into the small club scenario at all, and for me the fan base increase and change in demographics of them has contributed to a change in the clubs support.  I thinkthat the club has been dreadfully run since we got promoted to the Premiership.  Worthington bought badly, could not motivate the players, should have been sacked when we went down.  To then appoint Grant was a cheap disaster, who then wasted the parachute payments vital to return to the premiership.  In my opinion Neil Doncaster''s appointment (Alaistar Campbells brother?) as CE has coincided with the poor management of the club and has a lot to answer for generally.  And whilst Roeder is not everyones cup of tea we were an absolute relegation cert under Grant, and Roeder has turned things round to an extent, and should be given a chance.  Given how many players we are likely to need in the closed season even next year might be a struggle.

Unfortunately since we came down from the Premiership the financial game has changed immensely and thats what it comes down to.  Delia hasn''t got that much cash and until (hopefully) the likes of Mr Cullum comes along it will be difficult for the club to compete in the transfer market.  It is only my opinion but I do believe if Roeder is given time, a reasonable level of funds, and our support he will turn the club round.  As for the board and the hierachy at the club they have made some crass mistakes and should hold their hands up and admit some errors rather than ploughing on heads down.

[/quote]

The Villa game was "the big one" as you rightly say, but it was still only about 3000 people who stayed behind to protest out of 21,000.  I don`t know if you were in Norwich at the time but i think opinion was pretty much 50-50 and the only reason the protestors won out was that they shouted the loudest and were prepared to "do what it takes" to get the required outcome.  I don`t know if you are aware that Chase was voted into the clubs hall of fame by supporters.....[8-)]  This is the R.Chase whose stated aim for our great club was to be "a feeder club for the big clubs" (anyone fancy being a Crewe?), and who now runs a no-questions-asked cheque clearance company.......

Other than that i agree with virtually everything you write.  The only thing i think is innacurate is repeating the myth that Grant/Worthy "wasted the parachute payments".  Both managers only spent about half of what they raised through player sales, therefore the parachute payments were not even touched by the footballing side of the business.  The phrase "other priorities" springs to mind.......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Punting Canary"]

[/quote]

The Villa game was "the big one" as you rightly say, but it was still only about 3000 people who stayed behind to protest out of 21,000.  I don`t know if you were in Norwich at the time but i think opinion was pretty much 50-50 and the only reason the protestors won out was that they shouted the loudest and were prepared to "do what it takes" to get the required outcome.  I don`t know if you are aware that Chase was voted into the clubs hall of fame by supporters.....[8-)]  This is the R.Chase whose stated aim for our great club was to be "a feeder club for the big clubs" (anyone fancy being a Crewe?), and who now runs a no-questions-asked cheque clearance company.......

Other than that i agree with virtually everything you write.  The only thing i think is innacurate is repeating the myth that Grant/Worthy "wasted the parachute payments".  Both managers only spent about half of what they raised through player sales, therefore the parachute payments were not even touched by the footballing side of the business.  The phrase "other priorities" springs to mind.......

[/quote]

I remember it well.  Almost every Villa fan was singing "We''ll Meet Again" which brings a lump to my throat even now.  Will we ever meet again, except possibly in the Cup?

As you say the Villa game was the one that topped it off but given the demographics at the time of the Norwich support the likes of my father (62 at the time) was too old to be hanging around after the game which is why I believe that the demographics of the average fan has now changed and is a little younger than it was back then for some reason.  Some people have managed to forget a lot about what happened under Chase, which was far worse than is happening under the present board.  I have no doubt that Delia & Co''s heart is in the right place, its just the brain and the decisions that occasionally have David James moments.  It is to a greater or lesser extent that I come back to Mr Doncasters failings who advises the board on many decisions.

Regards the parachute payments I think much of what was received went to covering the overinflated wages we had to pay when we reached the Premiership on average European imports, and also to cover the debt from other areas.  Unfortunately football clubs unlike most other solvent businesses make operating profits.  Football clubs either have to have someone putting their hand in their pockets to cover the deficit or sell players at a profit to stand still.  The only way out is for either a Peter Cullum type figure or a very good manager who can work on a shoestring.  Hopefully the former will eventually join us, in the meantime we can only give Roeder time and look at the quaility of some of the players he has brought in, in comparison to the likes of Worthington and Grant and hope that will move us forward.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

I remember it well.  Almost every Villa fan was singing "We''ll Meet Again" which brings a lump to my throat even now.  Will we ever meet again, except possibly in the Cup?

[/quote]

Don''t be too overdramatic - we only met them twice in the Premier League 3 seasons ago! Hardly a "fallen giant" just yet ....

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Don''t be too overdramatic - we only met them twice in the Premier League 3 seasons ago! Hardly a "fallen giant" just yet ....

[/quote]

Quite so.  I was referring to the future however, not the past.