Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

will gibbs make the bench tonight?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Absolute rubbish. Send him back.
[/quote]

Your only as gd as the service you get and in the first half we were down the right all the time.

Send him back, are you some sort of idiot?? 60 minute run out.....gd enough for Wenger but not us.How can you judge this soon?The lad is still in nappies and given a run will no doubt be gd.

[/quote]

i thought he was a typical Premiership player, Pampered, strolled around like he owned the place and showed he had no B****ks by bottling out of EVERY challenge that came his way for fear of breaking a nail or smudging his mascara....

If thats his attitude lets send him packing... i agree with some here that he''s another Jimmy Smith.. just going through the motions.

jas :)

Gibbs debut - Awful, was hiding away from the ball and was bottling going in for tackles - No positive input for the team at all. Looked way out of his depth.

Hope for our sake he improves if he gets another chance with us!

Hucks must start home games!

Isnt there just one question Roeder has to askWho is the best player on the left wing?

Gibbs or Hucks, surely there is no contest especially after last night.

Maybe Roeder likes to surround himself with youngsters who arent outspoken

If he wasn''t so ineffective - I''d have thought he was rubbish.......

I can''t understand why Gibbs wasn''t given an initial place on the bench........ then introduced when we were 6-0 up for the last 40 seconds of the game.

Master Bates had a poor ''session'' till replaced through receiving an uncomfortable injury of serious twisted sock syndrome.......fortunately by ''Jack heeled'' Johnny Ostemobor - who bailed us out by occasionally outpacing ManUre loan-star Young Campbell - or I think he''d have scored more than one.....

Roeder says tonight in the EEN thats theres more to come from Gibbs so wonder if he''ll play him again on Sat?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I can''t understand why Gibbs wasn''t given an initial place on the bench........ then introduced when we were 6-0 up for the last 40 seconds of the game.

Master Bates had a poor ''session'' till replaced through receiving an uncomfortable injury of serious twisted sock syndrome.......fortunately by ''Jack heeled'' Johnny Ostemobor - who bailed us out by occasionally outpacing ManUre loan-star Young Campbell - or I think he''d have scored more than one.....

[/quote]

I was sitting about 5 yards away from Bates when he went down.  It was odd because he''d been passed by the Hull player, he just pulled up straight away, no noise or anything, just went down.  Hve they said what it was, because it looked like he was clutching his calf.   Hamstring pull ?

As for Semmy, what are them orange ballet pumps all about ?  Is he the lost kid from Fame ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i thought he was a typical Premiership player, Pampered, strolled around like he owned the place and showed he had no B****ks by bottling out of EVERY challenge that came his way for fear of breaking a nail or smudging his mascara....

If thats his attitude lets send him packing... i agree with some here that he''s another Jimmy Smith.. just going through the motions.

[/quote]

Jesus, if this is the attitude of the majority of our fans I hope we send him back tomorrow. An eightenn year old left winger, highly rated by one of the best managers in the game fails to impress in 60 mins against a physical Hull side and you''ve already decided he''s a bottler just going through the motions.

Give him a bit of time to settle in and you never know we could get him on a season long loan next year when he''s adjusted to the physical demands of The Championship. Or we could just slag him off on the basis of 60 minutes football.

Now what was it Yankee was saying about dinosaurs [^o)].

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Give him a bit of time to settle in and you never know we could get him on a season long loan next year when he''s adjusted to the physical demands of The Championship.

[/quote]

I agree he might need time to adjust to the championship but do we have the time to let him get adjusted with us at this stage of the season and at the expense of other players who are already adjusted and can play in that position, ie Pattison, Bertrand and Hucks?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jesus, if this is the attitude of the majority of our fans I hope we send him back tomorrow. An eightenn year old left winger, highly rated by one of the best managers in the game fails to impress in 60 mins against a physical Hull side and you''ve already decided he''s a bottler just going through the motions.

Give him a bit of time to settle in and you never know we could get him on a season long loan next year when he''s adjusted to the physical demands of The Championship. Or we could just slag him off on the basis of 60 minutes football.

[/quote]

isnt that what most people did with the allegedly "rubbish" matthieu-Louis Jean?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

isnt that what most people did with the allegedly "rubbish" matthieu-Louis Jean?

[/quote]

The alledgedly rubbish David Bentley too...........

We are 13 games unbeaten. Would you sacrifice that run so we can blood in loan player who won''t be here come the summer? I thought glenn learnt his mistakes from the Smith dilema. It appears not. I''m not judging him as a person, as a player and in future career terms but at this time we do not need players like him. We need to keep the team the same as what had won us our last 3 games. Just like people argue huckerby shouldn''t start Gibbs shouldn''t based on one of the worst city performances I''ve ever seen. You cannot carry players in this league anymore. We shouldn''t carry gibbs.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Two words - Gentlemans agreement.

[quote user="Shack Attack"] 

[/quote]Superb post. Gibbs was desperately poor on Tuesday, but the speed at which people are writing him off is ridiculous. I hope he proves the moaners wrong.