Sign in to follow this  
sam

Team for Saturday???

Who would you play after Tuesday''s performance??

I''d go with this:

Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Shackell, Camara, Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Bertrand, Evans, Dublin

Subs: Gilks, Pearce, Pattison, Gibbs, Huckerby

If Dion not 100% then go with Huckerby up front and Dion on the bench, if Camara isn''t playing again??? then go with Bertrand at left back and Pattison on the left hand side of midfield, and bring in another sub (Henry).

It''s going to be a battle on a terrible pitch. We need all our footsoldiers on.MarshallSemmy  Shack  Doc  MoCroft  Foz Rusty  PattyChed  DubSubs: Huck, Plastic, Pearce, Gibbs, Martin

On reflection, perhaps we should have a sub keeper. Gilks for Martin.I feel like Terry Venables, who once showed his wife his selection for the next England match, saying, "what do you think of this, I''ve come up with a revolutionary new formation that will change football forever."She replied, "Very nice dear. But haven''t you picked 12 players?..."

[quote user="sam"]

I''d go with this:

Marshall, Otsemobor, Doherty, Shackell, Camara, Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Bertrand, Evans, Dublin

If Dion not 100% then go with Huckerby up front and Dion on the bench, if Camara isn''t playing again??? then go with Bertrand at left back and Pattison on the left hand side of midfield, and bring in another sub (Henry).

[/quote]

I''d go with much the same. Possibly swap Gibbs for Henry on the bench for some cover on the right-hand side. 

[quote user="Stone"][quote user="sam"]

I''d go with this:

[/quote]

I''d go with much the same. Possibly swap Gibbs for Henry on the bench for some cover on the right-hand side. 

[/quote]Agreed. Get back to the tried and trusted team that was doing so well before.

[quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

I thought Henry was a right winger???

Subs: Gilks, Pearce, Pattison, Cureton, Huckerby

Bring back the good old days:

Gallacher,

Colin,Fleming,Rehman,Boyle,

Etuhu,Hughes,Robinson,

McVeigh, Jarvis

Thorne

should have enough to beat them convincingly on saturday.. i''ll settle for 2-0.

Marshall

Semmy                    Doc                        Shacks              Big bad mo

Croft              Rusty              Fozz                   Bertand

Dion           (the Garden) Ched

Subs

Gilks

Huckleberry

Gibbs

Henry

Fatty Pattison

jas :)

[quote user="sam"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is, he is trying to say that if we have Patty and Hucks on the bench, then we have more than enough. Henry would be cover for when Croft gets tired on 63 mins. What was said earlier about the pitch being dire, is true, we will not have much play on the ground I feel and you will need your tough team, ones who are experianced in the good old art of championship battle.

[quote user="sam"][quote user="Stone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So did I.

I''m suggesting that Henry takes Gibbs (left-sided player) place on the bench (Gibbs drops out of squad). We already have Pattison and Huckerby to cover the left. We would then have Henry to cover the right.

[quote user="Beaker"]

Gallacher,

Etuhu,Hughes,Robinson,

McVeigh, Jarvis

Thorne

[/quote]

Just taken one look at that, and its brought on a seizure!

Says Semi is doubtful so that could mean a shuffle around... Can Pearce play at right full back? Or maybe Cave Brown will get a shot, which personally i would quite like to see.....

[quote user="Beaker"]

Gallacher,

Etuhu,Hughes,Robinson,

McVeigh, Jarvis

Thorne

[/quote]

Subsitiute Victor Segura for Boyle and Raymond de Ward for McVeigh and this is a poop side.

Wait a minute, Fleming is a legend, but can''t think of a really bad centre-half, other than Rehman.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"][quote user="Beaker"]

Gallacher,

Etuhu,Hughes,Robinson,

McVeigh, Jarvis

Thorne

[/quote]

Subsitiute Victor Segura for Boyle and Raymond de Ward for McVeigh and this is a poop side.

Wait a minute, Fleming is a legend, but can''t think of a really bad centre-half, other than Rehman.

[/quote]

Steve Walsh?

Does anyone else think we should go 3-5-2?? Id like Glenn to go with...

Marshall
           Pearce Doherty Shackell

Otsemobor                              Bertrand

Fotheringham Russell Pattison

Evans Dublin

I think that its such a boggy pitch, and Leicester just like to hit Steve Howard long and quick, with three big centre backs, combatitive centre midfielders and Dubs up front, we could win the arial battle that we are likely to face. This does sacrifice width, however Bertrand and Semmy have pace, and we''d have Gibbs and Croft as options if and when they got tired down the wings. Also it would appease Steve Coppell playing Pearce, possibly leading to more loans next season.

Any opinions?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"][quote user="Beaker"]

Gallacher,

Etuhu,Hughes,Robinson,

McVeigh, Jarvis

Thorne

[/quote]

[/quote]

Steve Walsh?

[/quote]

Good call

I like the idea Nibblets throws in, but we would have to be pretty careful with that- cast your minds back to Stoke last season. Doherty was a defensive midfielder, playing in front of the back four.... and then 5-0. Gotta be careful with new formations, little Norwich dont handle them well..

Their pitch is terrible, basically unacceptable for this level, so we need the graft players in

Team is  Marshall, Otsemebor, Doherty, Shackell, Camara, Croft, Fotheringham, Russell, Henry, Evans, Dublin,  subs, Gilks, Pearce, Gibbs, Pattison, Cureton