Sign in to follow this  
spm2866

Dublin Retires

Just listened to Dion stating this is his final season, he wants to retire before the game retires him! Surely this is the time to sign a striker....Who do we really feel we will get?

Dion you are a true City legend and i personally wish you every sucess with whatever you do in your retirement......

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Player of the Season nailed on [Y]

[/quote]

A True and Honest Professional........Top Fellah![Y]

His professionalism and passion for the game makes up for the players that would rather sit in the Premiership reserves raking in the money for doing nothing.

Where do we begin to start to replace him when he finally hangs up his boots?

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

There aren''t too many options for this though are there.

Dion is a great pro but I wouldn''t say he had played brilliantly this season. However, he is still the real leader of this team and it is noticeable that very few of our complete no shows occur when he is playing - the QPR game showed this as we completely gave up after he went off at half time.

Top Man and attempts must be made to retain him in some capacity at the club - we must not repeat the mistakes of allowing Mackay & Iwan to depart.

Yeah, a great professional whose leadership and presence will be sorely missed. But you can see that he''s really struggling with his mobility.

He said it takes him 45 minutes to get warmed up for any action.  I dont know if he would be willing to carry on in some capacity at the club or whether he''s got something else lined up, but he a great asset as coach. 

Good luck Dion it''s been a pleasure watching you.

10 mins to go against Bury on Tuesday - Bury have a goal kick and obviously use it as an opportunity to waste time to protect the two nil lead. Dion collected the ball and placed it on the six yard box for the Bury keeper. How many other players would do this? You could clearly see the rest of the team were inspired by it and Norwich nearly drew the game as a result. He may not be as agile as he used to but you cant buy leadership like this............

Dion is an incredible inspiration to all players lucky enough to play along side him and our club will be weaker when he leaves.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Dion is a great pro but I wouldn''t say he had played brilliantly this season. However, he is still the real leader of this team and it is noticeable that very few of our complete no shows occur when he is playing - the QPR game showed this as we completely gave up after he went off at half time.

Top Man and attempts must be made to retain him in some capacity at the club - we must not repeat the mistakes of allowing Mackay & Iwan to depart.

[/quote]

Iwan and Malky were still playing though, Dublin is going to retire. There is no guarantee that Dublin would make a good coach.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Iwan and Malky were still playing when they left, Dublin is going to retire and there is no guarantee that he will make a good coach.

allthough i want dion to stay as long as possible, their is still some of me wanting this to be his last year as he will leave a complete legend, the longer he leaves it the worse he will get. player of the season by far only one who deserves it, and yes, 2 years isn''t alot. but still enough for him to establish himself as a city legend. [Y] Top man.