Sign in to follow this  
Mark Barham Appreciation Society

FFS, just buy someone !

Sorry about that little rant ... but I''ve been constantly checking the Pink''Un site, this forum and the official website for the last 23 days in the hope that we''ll have signed someone exciting ... or in fact, anyone at all.

It was my hope, or perhaps naive belief, that Mr Roeder would be using this transfer window to strengthen our squad for the push towards the relegation-worry-free bliss of mid-table obscurity.

But no, as usual this club keeps me hanging, biting my nails and driving me ever closer to exasperation.  So, any player would do right now.  Okay, perhaps not Titus Bramble ...  Just put me out of my misery.  I''ve played my part.  I''ve bought my ticket for Tuesday nights game in Southampton.  Now give me a prospect to get excited about.  Someone new in the prized yellow and green shirt ...

(This is not meant as a serious thread, so let''s not flame me or the club, ta.  I''m sure Glen and everyone else at the club really are doing all they can ... it''s just so frustrating being a Norwich supporter sometimes !)

roeder knows what hes doing and what players he wants to get, id rather have no one than another jamie cureton or some one of his caliber!!! have faith in him for gods sake. in some ways i hope he doesnt buy anyone, save money for next season, how ever knowing are board they will gobble it up in no time on somethin useless!!!

Is it just ''cos ''he is ex-Ip**** , but Titus Bamble is better than any

defender we have, I''d have him here in a shot and forgive the

occassional lapse in concentration. Stop fretting, we''ll get people in

before the window closes.

As Roeder has already said, he can buy ordinary players any day of the week. It''s getting the right players that''s the problem!

I think this January transfer window is frustrating everyone, unless perhaps you''re a QPR fan!

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

Sorry about that little rant ... but I''ve been constantly checking the Pink''Un site, this forum and the official website for the last 23 days in the hope that we''ll have signed someone exciting ... or in fact, anyone at all.

It was my hope, or perhaps naive belief, that Mr Roeder would be using this transfer window to strengthen our squad for the push towards the relegation-worry-free bliss of mid-table obscurity.

But no, as usual this club keeps me hanging, biting my nails and driving me ever closer to exasperation.  So, any player would do right now.  Okay, perhaps not Titus Bramble ...  Just put me out of my misery.  I''ve played my part.  I''ve bought my ticket for Tuesday nights game in Southampton.  Now give me a prospect to get excited about.  Someone new in the prized yellow and green shirt ...

(This is not meant as a serious thread, so let''s not flame me or the club, ta.  I''m sure Glen and everyone else at the club really are doing all they can ... it''s just so frustrating being a Norwich supporter sometimes !)

[/quote]

I think Roeder is trying to fight to get the players he wants, but I suspect he''ll have to settle for second best.As he said earlier signing any old player is easy, getting the good players is much harder.

I feel for you I really do, but thats exactly what Grant did, there was a period when there seemed to be press conferences every day. As already mentioned, quantity is no substitute for quality!

[quote user="SPat"]Is it just ''cos ''he is ex-Ip**** , but Titus Bamble is better than any defender we have, I''d have him here in a shot and forgive the occassional lapse in concentration. Stop fretting, we''ll get people in before the window closes.
[/quote]

Er - if you don''t have anything intelligent to say, don''t say anything at all.  I''d rather we played Ronnie Corbett at the back than Titus Bramble.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Er - if you don''t have anything intelligent to say, don''t say anything at all.  I''d rather we played Ronnie Corbett at the back than Titus Bramble.

[/quote]point one. Pot..... kettletwo... read the thread properly

[quote user="SPat"]Is it just ''cos ''he is ex-Ip**** , but Titus Bamble is better than any defender we have, I''d have him here in a shot and forgive the occassional lapse in concentration. Stop fretting, we''ll get people in before the window closes.[/quote]

[/quote]What do you think you''re proving coming out with that rubbish, apart from that you know nothing about football of course?

[quote user="SPat"]Is it just ''cos ''he is ex-Ip**** , but Titus Bamble is better than any defender we have, I''d have him here in a shot and forgive the occassional lapse in concentration. Stop fretting, we''ll get people in before the window closes.[/quote]

[/quote]As it was with the whole comedy career, Ronnie Barker would be better than Ronnie Corbett.  I''d rather have Bramble than Corbett, but Barker than Bramble.

Got to say, why all the people defending Bramble? He is amazing for 89.5 mins, then DISASTER!! He is the famous equivalent of the Ginger Pele!! Seriously, he always gives away something! Give me Tiny everyday of the week and twice on Sunday! (Thats Tiny Tim or Tiny Taylor!)

Remember, defending is about keeping clean sheets. Bramble don''t do it. If you think this is not so, then just look at the facts. If he was all that, he would not be at Wigan!!!

Right, I agree though with this thread, where are the signings??? We need a decent striker and defender! Don''t even get me started on replacing Dion and Hucks, thats a whole new kettle of fish!!!

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]As it was with the whole comedy career, Ronnie Barker would be better than Ronnie Corbett.  I''d rather have Bramble than Corbett, but Barker than Bramble.[/quote]Ha ha, better

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

point one. Pot..... kettle

two... read the thread properly
[/quote]

Three - don''t cut the specific post I was replying to, as you remove the context in which I made my point - which was SPat suggesting (apparently without tongue in cheek) that Bramble would be a good signing.

Four - cheer up, FFS!

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="SPat"]Is it just ''cos ''he is ex-Ip**** , but Titus Bamble is better than any defender we have, I''d have him here in a shot and forgive the occassional lapse in concentration. Stop fretting, we''ll get people in before the window closes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you think you''re proving coming out with that rubbish, apart from that you know nothing about football of course?
[/quote]

Fancy doing a quick poll?  Ronnie Corbett versus Titus Bramble.  Let''s let the public decide.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

As Roeder has already said, he can buy ordinary players any day of the week. It''s getting the right players that''s the problem!

[/quote]

Sounds like a good excuse not to buy anyone at all. "We tried but the right player was just not there". Yeah right. Neil Danns, £600k, Callum Davenport, loaned to Watford (yes i know he got injured but that is irrelevant). We need some good news Glenn.

Note: This is not a pop at Glenn Roeder as I think he is superb, just sheer frustration at no signings.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you think you''re proving coming out with that rubbish, apart from that you know nothing about football of course?
[/quote]

Fancy doing a quick poll?  Ronnie Corbett versus Titus Bramble.  Let''s let the public decide.

[/quote]

Mike Yarwood......He could impersonate them all.