Sign in to follow this  
Delias Tasty Nibblets

Are we on tv next week?

Our replay could be on tv next week...when reading out the draw he said Southampton against Norwich or Bury, potentially we could be watching that game...

Im just wondering because Sky dont tend to show both games in a round, so that would count out the Liverpool, Fulham and Derby games. West brom vs Charlton were on sky recently, reading have played tottenham twice recently..that leaves

Barnet vs Swindon

Millwall vs Walsall

and you guessed it Bury vs Norwich...

anyone know anything?

I think he was referring to fellow SSN presenter Simon Thomas watching the game as he''s a City fan rather than our tie being on TV.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I think he was referring to fellow SSN presenter Simon Thomas watching the game as he''s a City fan rather than our tie being on TV.[/quote]

Yep, i wouldn''t read much into that.. Simon Thomas is a well known Norwich City supporter.. in fact he once done a whole blue peter programme on us, attending the Norwich vs Crew match and commentating next to roy waller if i believe right!

I also believe the other SSN chap is a southampton supporter, (he also frequently mentioned how many hampshire clubs are in the draw, hinting he was from there)

So its just a case of two SSN presenters getting each others teams.... potentially of course ;)!

I kind of hope not, since I will be there in person and I could save a good 2hrs travel and 3 mile walk.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]I hope not! Our record in front of the cameras is pretty poor.[/quote]not in the FA cup last year :D

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Well you never know, after all, the BBC thought Stoke v Newcastle would be entertaining....[/quote]

Are you kidding, Pete?  That was a cracking game, even if it finished 0-0.

I wouldn''t call it that!It was a lot of running around in the middle of the park and then players just kept falling over when they got near the penalty area or suddenly became inept and couldn''t pass, shoot, run or even fall over properly.The best chance came when Stoke had fuller somehow bundle his way through a defender and Given and surprise himself to have the ball at his feet still. The guy that hit the shot could have put it anywhere but instead decided that straight at a desperately flailing and grounded defender was by far the most sportsmanlike thing to do.It wasn''t a game of two good teams, it was a game to show Newcastle that if they want to be in the top half of the table they need decent funding because at the moment their team is made up of a bunch of has-beens. Smith - a striker, he is like a Chris Brown of the premiership, Viduka - quality but old and knackered, Owen - quality youngish but also knackered, Butt - should not be allowed to look that good the list goes on. Stoke is really the same Fuller is getting on a bit now and has his injury problems, Parkin - did anyone see that guys seccond chin? Is it me or was he in some sort of corset because I swear the guy looked well overweight.

why wud showing a game twice in the same round count out the fulham and derby games?? liverpool, arsenal, newcastle and man utd were the matches on sky and the bbc??