Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Lewis leaves with big sell on clause

From what i''ve heard, as well as the £400,000 coming from Joe Lewis sale, we also have a 30% sell on clause (Not just profit, 30% of his next sale!)

Good news!

From Peterborough Evening Telegraph[quote user="Darragh MacAntony - Posh Chairman"]"I don''t see the signing of Joe as a gamble at all as we are signing

what many people believe could be an England player. He''s only 20 and

he is a big, dominating goalkeeper which you need in League Two as your

penalty area gets bombarded with set pieces."He will be as

important a signing as Aaron Mclean and Craig Mackail-Smith have proved

to be. It''s another piece of the jigsaw we at the club like to call New

Posh and he will be very influential over the coming years as we climb

the various leagues."The deal will end up worth well over £700,000 by the time we are in the Premiership."[/quote]Sounds like they are planning big things at Posh.  Can anyone see them in the Premiership though ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]From Peterborough Evening Telegraph

[quote user="Darragh MacAntony - Posh Chairman"]

"The deal will end up worth well over £700,000 by the time we are in the Premiership."[/quote]

Sounds like they are planning big things at Posh.  Can anyone see them in the Premiership though ?
[/quote]

A word to the wise - take everything in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph with a large pinch of salt!

this is the smae Owner of Peterboro who''s holiday firm has appeared on Watchdog.. for taking peoples money and not being very forthcoming with Refunds....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

this is the smae Owner of Peterboro who''s holiday firm has appeared on Watchdog.. for taking peoples money and not being very forthcoming with Refunds....

[/quote]

No Jas, Darragh MacAnthony is an Irish multi-millionaire property developer who is/was a keen Liverpool supporter. He bought Posh on a whim having seen them in a '' fly-on-the-wall '' documentary on Sky TV called '' Big Ron Manager '' starring Ron Atkinson.

From reading the local press he seems an honest bloke with plenty of cash to invest in the team. His main fault seems to be he''s a little '' starry-eyed '' in thinking that Posh could be a Premier League club in five years.

I think we''ve got more chance of that......

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

No Jas, Darragh MacAnthony is an Irish multi-millionaire property developer who is/was a keen Liverpool supporter. He bought Posh on a whim having seen them in a '' fly-on-the-wall '' documentary on Sky TV called '' Big Ron Manager '' starring Ron Atkinson.

From reading the local press he seems an honest bloke with plenty of cash to invest in the team. His main fault seems to be he''s a little '' starry-eyed '' in thinking that Posh could be a Premier League club in five years.

I think we''ve got more chance of that......

[/quote]

actually.. yes...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7001445.stm

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMWpnjzIcWo

and

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=55216

and even...

http://www.asai.ie/complaint_view.asp?BID=1&CID=255

what an "honest bloke" he sounds... just like u said

NO! NO! NO!......Please!

What was actually quoted by the Chief Exec of NCFC and its media team was:

''Lewis leaves with big ''SEA LION CLAWS''..........

Apparently, it''s the brand name of a new design of oversize Goalkeeping Gloves - that are actually based on the grip and handling ability of the Sea Lion.....Sport scientists have regularly monitored and researched the Sea Lion at various sea-life centres - and were astounded by the astute aquatic mammals and their superb ability to firmly grip and hold items with their flippers and claws; whether it be an oily fish, a novelty toy - or a slippy and greasy play-ball that they frequently entertain themselves in their display water tanks, enthralling the watching audience''s with their superb handling agility and manual dexterity skills.

The new design of Goalkeeping Gloves are made of a synthetic material not dissimilar to the sea lion''s hide, with small claws on the finger-ends, for that "100% grip."  They are currently being trialled by Joe Lewis of Peterborough Utd FC till the end of this season.

It''s all true y''know........''The Donkster'' told me ''in strictest confidence'' (he''s got the copyright for the ''claws'')........allegedly.

"SEA LION CLAWS!" - "FLIPPER''S FOR KEEPER''S - THAT AREN''T FLAPPER''S!"[Y]

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

From what i''ve heard, as well as the £400,000 coming from Joe Lewis sale, we also have a 30% sell on clause (Not just profit, 30% of his next sale!)

Good news!

[/quote]Well done the board did I hear anyone say?

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Good news!

[/quote]

Well done the board did I hear anyone say?
[/quote]

No......Just ''ickle old you''......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

NO! NO! NO!......Please!

"SEA LION CLAWS!" - "FLIPPER''S FOR KEEPER''S - THAT AREN''T FLAPPER''S!"[Y][/quote]

I have to say Mello that I think this is one of the most amusing posts I''ve ever seen from you, very nicely done  [Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Good news!

[/quote]Well done the board did I hear anyone say?[/quote]

[/quote]So you think the extra £300k none of us expected to be drafted in was a bad deal?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

NO! NO! NO!......Please!

Apparently, it''s the brand name of a new design of oversize Goalkeeping Gloves - that are actually based on the grip and handling ability of the Sea Lion.....Sport scientists have regularly monitored and researched the Sea Lion at various sea-life centres - and were astounded by the astute aquatic mammals and their superb ability to firmly grip and hold items with their flippers and claws; whether it be an oily fish, a novelty toy - or a slippy and greasy play-ball that they frequently entertain themselves in their display water tanks, enthralling the watching audience''s with their superb handling agility and manual dexterity skills.

The new design of Goalkeeping Gloves are made of a synthetic material not dissimilar to the sea lion''s hide, with small claws on the finger-ends, for that "100% grip."  They are currently being trialled by Joe Lewis of Peterborough Utd FC till the end of this season.

It''s all true y''know........''The Donkster'' told me ''in strictest confidence'' (he''s got the copyright for the ''claws'')........allegedly.

"SEA LION CLAWS!" - "FLIPPER''S FOR KEEPER''S - THAT AREN''T FLAPPER''S!"[Y]

[/quote]

Priceless!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]

So you think the extra £300k none of us expected to be drafted in was a bad deal?
[/quote]

BUT, is it like the extra £400k. (in addition to the £600k) we are unlikely to collect re McKenzie''s transfer? How much of it is related to the POSH. getting promoted to The Premiership?

oh yea it was a real stroke of genius by our board to put add ons, on a real prospect who sure as hell wont be at peterboro for two many seasons, lets all praise the board.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Good news!

[/quote]

Well done the board did I hear anyone say?
[/quote]

[/quote]

So you think the extra £300k none of us expected to be drafted in was a bad deal?
[/quote]

Do you think it was a good deal?.......If we get £190,000 for Brown, £50,000 for Brellier, £50,000 for Lappin, and some substantial fees for those who are not actually featured in Roeder''s future plans....... now, that would be a good deal. I certainly as a NCFC football ''fan'' never expected Joe''s rather ''accelerated'' sale, (least of all himself and especially to a ''lower league club'') as I personally thought, he had a future here not dissimilar to Robert Green''s. You can whistle the board''s tune ''FFS'' - but let''s see them come up with the ''beef'' and open the purse before the 31st of January - before I even contemplate pursing my lips.

Season Ticket renewal time on the horizon........and I want to see the board of Director''s prove themselves ''as being cleverer.''

Incidentally, when the ''good deals'' by the board - exceed their ''bad deals''......they may then possibly and probably - deserve some credit.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

I hope we receive all of the £400k within 12 months and its not spread over years.

Secondly if the sell on is 30%, I don''t regard that as being big. 

[/quote]IF it is true, and i''d like to see evidence before i believe it, that we have secured 30% of his next SALE price, that is huge and you''d be a fool to think any different. The vast majority of sell on clauses are percentages of any PROFIT made on a sale. If he continues to develop and they get into the champ or even the prem and he goes for £5m (which is not that much given what Craig Gordon commanded) we''d get £1.5m. Meantime we''re talking about getting nearly a quarter of this amount should Ashton be sold for £10m!! So yes, 30% of sale price is big, very big!However, i don''t believe that this is the deal we secured.