Sign in to follow this  
Cannycanary

Norwich city kitty !!!

As usual iv''e been reading the massages on the board, its becoming a bit of a tradition !!!

I had a thought when reading one of the comments regarding signing players.. It''s the clubs job to pay the players and we all wish we Doncaster and co would sign this player or that player so we get success on the pitch.

Lets call this a Survey...

Why don''t the supporters Have a Kitty that is used solely to improve the squad, Money that Can''t be used for any other purpose.

If an active body working along side / with the club that collecting donations for players Additional Transfer fees.

25,000 Supporters per game Plus countless supporters who follow the club want success. Plus Business support.

Surely if this was promoted enough, and stuctured right where the supporters contribute regularly, maybe the club could compete properly for the signature of quality football players.

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum maybe more depending on the supportersif it was done right..

ARE WE SUPPORTERS OR NOT !!!

Lets find out !!!

The prtoblem is, not everyone can afford to donate extra money ontop of their season tickets. I know I can''t! However, if I could afford it, yes it would be a brilliant idea & I would contribute.

I''ve often wondered whether something like this would be possible, if you could get 25000 people to pay a fiver a week for 52 weeks that would give you 6.5 million to spend on players which is quite a significant sum in the championship, problem is would you be able to find that many who are both willing and able to afford a fiver a week although you could also get some people who would maybe even be prepared to put more than a fiver in which would allow those who could afford a bit less to contribute what they could, I would certainly be willing and able to contribute and it could potentially be a workable idea if someone had the time and inclination to get the ball rolling.

The fact is Norwich city football club brings pleasure or heartache to the region by its existence.

The concept would be like this, Match days we could have collections in secure boxes and get the girls involved with collections, (know as city kitties) if the supporters donated anything from a £1 upwards depending on what they could afford, this could also be used throughout the county on match days for supporters who do not generally go but follow the team.

Fund raising Events etc at carrow rd, Canary lottery, D/D for those who can afford regular sponsorship, seek out wealthy supporters who whilst not wanting to take over as directors would support for their own pleasure of watching a better team.

But lets say for every donation you received a voucher indicating a value, and over the year 50,000 people donated achieving different donation values, now because it is in the interest of the club and players lets say they arrange 2 preseason friendlies with quality opponents for these supporters as a complementary gesture with the highest donaters getting the best game and best seats.

The end result we get a Great Team, Prem football, and we would be know as the best supporters in the country as we really do back our team. Plus we will have more say about the football.

Politics all the parties rely on Donations. Labour, Conservatives, Liberal etc

I hope people don''t ignore this as it could be done:

Simply saying Yes or No shows an opinion.

[quote user="CANNYCANARY"]

As usual iv''e been reading the massages on the board, its becoming a bit of a tradition !!!

I had a thought when reading one of the comments regarding signing players.. It''s the clubs job to pay the players and we all wish we Doncaster and co would sign this player or that player so we get success on the pitch.

Why don''t the supporters Have a Kitty that is used solely to improve the squad, Money that Can''t be used for any other purpose.

If an active body working along side / with the club that collecting donations for players Additional Transfer fees.

25,000 Supporters per game Plus countless supporters who follow the club want success. Plus Business support.

Surely if this was promoted enough, and stuctured right where the supporters contribute regularly, maybe the club could compete properly for the signature of quality football players.

I think it could generate 5-10 million per annum maybe more depending on the supportersif it was done right..

Lets find out !!!

[/quote]

I for one think this is a brilliant and workable idea. I would be more than prepared to look at the ins and outs of it (legal position, clubs position etc). I have been a politician in the past, worked with the media (tv, radio and papers) and have a grounding in law. So if anyone is REALLY up for this let me know through this forum first, then we can move forward (sooner the better if you ask me!) and  get the wheels in motion.

[quote user="kdncfc"]

I''ve often wondered whether something like this would be possible, if you could get 25000 people to pay a fiver a week for 52 weeks that would give you 6.5 million to spend on players which is quite a significant sum in the championship, problem is would you be able to find that many who are both willing and able to afford a fiver a week although you could also get some people who would maybe even be prepared to put more than a fiver in which would allow those who could afford a bit less to contribute what they could, I would certainly be willing and able to contribute and it could potentially be a workable idea if someone had the time and inclination to get the ball rolling.

[/quote]

I reckon a fiver a week would be a bit much for most people, I would suggest £10 per month direct debit would be manageable. 20,000 fans paying that would give us £2.4M a year for an extra transfer kitty.

A potential problem is, if it was a success all the other clubs would start it and all we would have done would be to boost transfer fees upwards again. Imagine what Man Utd could make from their support.

Mark .Y. 

It could be done so that fans could pay what they could afford in multiples of a fiver a month, every penny should only be spent on transfer fees with the wages coming from club funds.  If the club managed to get promoted fans could be given a share in any profits that were made although I personally wouldn''t want anything in return, It would be enough just to see us competing in the prem again for me.

I am unable to attend many games and hence only financially support Norwich by new buying kits and the occasional purchase from the shop. Therefore, I think this is a great idea, especially for those of us who live away. I believe a fan transfer kitty is the way forward for many clubs (those without sugar daddies) and  in 5-10 years time will become common place. Bournemouth did something a few years back where fans sponsored the purchase and salary of a player. I suggest we set the wheels in motion see where we get.

This isn''t a new idea and has worked very well in the past when we had a proper  Supporters Club.

In the 50''s and 60''s the Norwich City Football Supporters Club provided substantial sums of money to the club for buying players and improving facilities at Carrow Road.  I believe the old South Stand was built using Supporters Club funds.

It was a well organised Supporters Club raising money from a Licensed Social Club, production and sale of the annual handbook, the Canary Pool and many other activities. I dont know what happened to the organisation and why it''s not still in exsistance.

So yes it''s a good idea, it''s worked in the past so why not give it a go.

[quote user="Mister Positive"][quote user="CANNYCANARY"]

Lets find out !!!

[/quote]

I for one think this is a brilliant and workable idea. I would be more than prepared to look at the ins and outs of it (legal position, clubs position etc). I have been a politician in the past, worked with the media (tv, radio and papers) and have a grounding in law. So if anyone is REALLY up for this let me know through this forum first, then we can move forward (sooner the better if you ask me!) and  get the wheels in motion.

[/quote]

Come on then fellow Canaries as I said in the earlier post, if others want it & want to be involved, then I am happy to do the donkey work, but need to know that it has real support and I will get help when it''s needed.  Are you up for it or just being Keyboard warriors?

Why then, do we employ Mr Cullen and Co to raise extra funds for ''whatever'' in the marketing area of NCFC. Let''s just hand-pick a few astute fan-folk off this forum with their sensible and plausible ideas - and employ them to do it........Somehow, I don''t think that the board will be too eager - as the fan-folk would insist that the raised dosh be pumped into strengthening the football side of matters - ie, the squad. Much the same as the ''board'' aren''t keen to have an ''average fan'' on the board......Keep it tight, and only occasionally - let out an ''ickle light.....

I''m afraid (as I stated personally on a similar recent thread to this one) that I am no way going to chip in any extra of my personal hard-earned dosh to fund this football club - and why the hell should I? Folk are employed at Carra and are paid well to do that. I do my ''bit'', I subscribe with an annual season ticket (and maybe purchase some club merchandise and sometimes tea & biccies).....There are Premiership Club boards that would bite their arms off for 20,000+ season ticket holders.....

I know there are ''bills to be paid'' within the NCFC ''business''.......But, does anyone else find it frustrating seeing regular 24,000 in attendance at Carra.......and we''re quibblin'' over a few squid (in football finance terms) for the siggy of a decent centre-back yet let the decent players, depart for a knockdown price because of clauses etc? What''s more important eh? Gettin'' one over Karren Brady, scrimpin'' an'' scroungin'' - or our survival in the Championship? We stand to lose a lot more by getting relegated......and we''re still only 2 points away from the ''R'' Zone.

We should be laying the squad foundations not only for the remainder of this season, but for the future seasons also. Loans aren''t the answer, it''s a short-term quick fix........

When the paws are dippin'' in the Norwich City Kitty.......let''s see the squad reap the benefits of a little cream from the top.

So if MY you do not think the extra funds should come from yourself, which is fair enough, then who do you think should give extra funding to the club and what would you do?

It seems other clubs have a similar system in place

Aberdeen - http://www.fundadon.co.uk/about.aspx
QPR - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2002/02/03/sfgqpr04.xml
Swindon - http://www.truststfc.co.uk/RAF_main.php
Brentford - http://www.fightingchance.org.uk/
Bournemouth - http://www.playershare.co.uk/info/article16.html

Pity this wasn''t set up earlier, would have been a better place for the Turners 2 million to go.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Why then, do we employ Mr Cullen and Co to raise extra funds for ''whatever'' in the marketing area of NCFC. Let''s just hand-pick a few astute fan-folk off this forum with their sensible and plausible ideas - and employ them to do it........Somehow, I don''t think that the board will be too eager - as the fan-folk would insist that the raised dosh be pumped into strengthening the football side of matters - ie, the squad. Much the same as the ''board'' aren''t keen to have an ''average fan'' on the board......Keep it tight, and only occasionally - let out an ''ickle light.....

I''m afraid (as I stated personally on a similar recent thread to this one) that I am no way going to chip in any extra of my personal hard-earned dosh to fund this football club - and why the hell should I? Folk are employed at Carra and are paid well to do that. I do my ''bit'', I subscribe with an annual season ticket (and maybe purchase some club merchandise and sometimes tea & biccies).....There are Premiership Club boards that would bite their arms off for 20,000+ season ticket holders.....

I know there are ''bills to be paid'' within the NCFC ''business''.......But, does anyone else find it frustrating seeing regular 24,000 in attendance at Carra.......and we''re quibblin'' over a few squid (in football finance terms) for the siggy of a decent centre-back yet let the decent players, depart for a knockdown price because of clauses etc? What''s more important eh? Gettin'' one over Karren Brady, scrimpin'' an'' scroungin'' - or our survival in the Championship? We stand to lose a lot more by getting relegated......and we''re still only 2 points away from the ''R'' Zone.

We should be laying the squad foundations not only for the remainder of this season, but for the future seasons also. Loans aren''t the answer, it''s a short-term quick fix........

When the paws are dippin'' in the Norwich City Kitty.......let''s see the squad reap the benefits of a little cream from the top.

[/quote]

Mello, I understand and agree with a lot of what you say, but if such a scheme is started I can''t imagine the board saying they don''t want  x amont of £££££''s for free to help Roeder''s war chest. It takes some of the pressure and emphisis of the board to try and fund transfers out of the club''s funds or directors personal wealth. The criteria would and must be that apart from obvious admin costs all money goes only to fund transfers and the budget is held by the fans to make sure that this is achieved. When a player is found by the manager and a fee agreed then and only then is the money released. I still think this would work and understand why some fans, such as yourself don''t feel that they should give anymore to the club, and that is fine, but if only half the average gate at Carrow Road did  a minimum of £10 per month on direct debit in a year we have raised over £1.8 mil (with interest).

I wasn''t aware there used to be a supporter fund, like Mr Positive I think it should happen and if he can help get this done I''m right there beside him, it could have different methods of raising cash i have great ideas to raise funds also through the WWW,  as I am a  website SEO Expert, A team should be put together Presented to the Board with a plan and how it would be for the sole purpose of Squad purchases. It has been mentioned on here that other clubs would follow, but if this is the case we will have to be the best at it. Imagine a pot of money being made outside the club by new ventures that is also topped up by supporters donations which is not compulsory. 

At least our club would not need a Russian Billionaire, which is highly unlikely.

REMEMBER:  FOOTBALL CLUBS ARE NOTHING WITHOUT SUPPORTERS !!

But it needs the backing of the supporters, who are being very quiet on here !!! This would be a great chance to continually improve the squad. 25,000 supporters attend the home matches every week, even though the team has struggled tells me we are very passionate about our Club and football so why should we leave it in someone elses hands to have the Best Team.

It''s like loving your wife but letting someone else look after her..  I can hear the Shrieks of horror but what''s the difference to what we are doing our club.

Do the supporters on here think that it is a good idea. YES OR NO !!!

So if MY you do not think the extra funds should come from yourself, which is fair enough, then who do you think should give extra funding to the club and what would you do?

If you wish to donate money for the cause, do it. I personally will not. If it was such a good idea or system, then why haven''t the large majority of fans of other Professional clubs adopted it? Why should they?

Where did the funding and true finance come from for the purchase of Huckerby?......Certainly not a vast amount from those who hold the purse strings.... 

If it was an ardent supporter of a non-league side that was struggling to survive without financial assistance from it''s few hundred fans - I''d certainly chip in a few bob....But, when we have a set-up at our stadium, the masseeeve crowds, and the wonderful training facility that is Colney. The corporate boxes including the hosting and entertainment for the fortunate''s, the showroom, the conference rooms, restaurants, hosting concerts and religious gatherings, cookery and various other exhibitions.........Where''s the profits and financial gain going to - from these events? 

We have a peach of a stadium and superb facilities, coupled with an average squad........If the board can''t address it, why should we?

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

I wasn''t aware there used to be a supporter fund, like Mr Positive I think it should happen and if he can help get this done I''m right there beside him, it could have different methods of raising cash i have great ideas to raise funds also through the WWW,  as I am a  website SEO Expert, A team should be put together Presented to the Board with a plan and how it would be for the sole purpose of Squad purchases. It has been mentioned on here that other clubs would follow, but if this is the case we will have to be the best at it. Imagine a pot of money being made outside the club by new ventures that is also topped up by supporters donations which is not compulsory. 

At least our club would not need a Russian Billionaire, which is highly unlikely.

REMEMBER:  FOOTBALL CLUBS ARE NOTHING WITHOUT SUPPORTERS !!

But it needs the backing of the supporters, who are being very quiet on here !!! This would be a great chance to continually improve the squad. 25,000 supporters attend the home matches every week, even though the team has struggled tells me we are very passionate about our Club and football so why should we leave it in someone elses hands to have the Best Team.

It''s like loving your wife but letting someone else look after her..  I can hear the Shrieks of horror but what''s the difference to what we are doing our club.

Do the supporters on here think that it is a good idea. YES OR NO !!!

[/quote]

CannyCanary please contact me as I couldn''t find your email details, mine are carrowroad66@googlemail.com  , I can tell you what I have planned and as it was your idea if you are in favour.

MY, so do I take it then that you are supportive of the clubs investments and efforts to raise additional funds from non-playing activities as other clubs do and that you think the investment in infrastructure has helped attracts fans and players?

I would be willing to support the idea of a fans transfer fund as I believe it is more difficult but also far more constructive to try and do something constructive for the club rather than merely criticise those who are willing to invest their time and money in the club. I suspect other clubs have not taken up the idea as the examples in this thread have not raised a significant amount of money apart from QPR which was based on some donations from a couple of wealthy individuals. I suspect to work it needs an element of novelty such as the run your own team website or it needs to appeal to a sense of greed with some kind of lottery element or ability to profit in theory on players although I''m not sure this works post Tevez.

[quote user="T"]

MY, so do I take it then that you are supportive of the clubs investments and efforts to raise additional funds from non-playing activities as other clubs do and that you think the investment in infrastructure has helped attracts fans and players?

I would be willing to support the idea of a fans transfer fund as I believe it is more difficult but also far more constructive to try and do something constructive for the club rather than merely criticise those who are willing to invest their time and money in the club. I suspect other clubs have not taken up the idea as the examples in this thread have not raised a significant amount of money apart from QPR which was based on some donations from a couple of wealthy individuals. I suspect to work it needs an element of novelty such as the run your own team website or it needs to appeal to a sense of greed with some kind of lottery element or ability to profit in theory on players although I''m not sure this works post Tevez.

[/quote]

Sorry, but after the last 3 seasons (and stretching back to Hamilton''s tenure) and also due to their ''cleverer than the rest'' incompetent performance and their abject inability to at least restore some stability after our relegation - including the utter waste of the parachute payments for starters, delaying the removal of Worthy and replacing him with an ''in hindsight'' duffer of a replacement - and then prioritising projects that could have been put on the back-burner until at least we''d sorted out the playing squad. I will never support this current NCFC board again......(And that includes the Chief Exec who I personally think after 10 years should be replaced, oh, and Mr Munby can join him). Why are we so ''unattractive'' to outside investment? Maybe it''s because the major-shareholding duo - don''t actually want or are not seeking or pursuing outside investment. I just don''t accept that we all fear the ''BIG BAD BUSINESS BULLY'' who''s going to arrive and send us to the bowels of hell and not Utopia. Where''s the beef? When''s the lolly from the successful ''other enterprises'' going to be pumped back into the squad? I personally, just don''t buy it.

If you and others, wish to create another source of financial contribution to this poverty stricken ickle club.....Off you jolly well go. I sincerely hope that money raised will purchase at least the fungal infested big toe (or at least a sizeable chunky bit) of a decent player. If the current board of Directy huggy kissy luvviness mwah, mwah, onwards and upwards and prudence gaggle, are unable, have no desire, or don''t have the ruthless ballcocks to run the club, then they should resign and allow someone who is prepared to invest in the club. Nahhhh! We don''t want to end up in financial ruin like Leeds, or Piswich, or, or, or - the usual wheeled out guff........Anything with a fear factor thrown in to give us poor fans the heebeegeebies and make us shiver and shake because no ''$hite in Whining Armour'' will come to our rescue if the board throw in the towel......I guarantee that if Delia and Co went/retired - there would be many interested parties......But, we''ll never find out, will we?

Crack on, and sort out a fans transfer group of willing individuals, who are in wholehearted agreement to give some dosh ''for the cause''.......You never know, the head honcho organiser of this group might get to sit on the board........or serve them teas, coffees and aperitifs, at least.

But, it''s only my personal opinion and view..........And you or no other, will alter it.

I think you would struggle to find anyone, including the Board, who does not think the club have underperformed in recent years for which the Board are ultimately responsible. The reality is that the fans of most clubs will be disappointed though as only a few clubs can win out each year.

What does not make sense is any suggestion that football clubs are a good financial investment as they are basically non profit making businesses in the long term. There are clearly a few exceptionally wealthy individuals willing to spend their money on football clubs but I''m not sure there are amny people who have become exceptionally wealthy in the first place by putting their money into a football club.

I''ve no doubt someone would come in for the club but they are certainly not publicly queuing up. I know a number of firms of financial advisors are looking to find investors for football clubs and it is extremely difficult to find interest as basically football clubs are financial dogs. The financial reality is that it is unlikely that the Board can suddenly make huge amounts of money available by simply just saying lets be more ambitious or that there is someone who is willing to give the club huge amounts of money as it does not make financial sense. I would like to have my view changed though.

This thread is in danger of turning in to a debate about why some fans feel they shouldn''t contribute to a transfer fund, this is not what we need. We understand that some fans don''t want to give their hard earned money over to a club that they feel they contribute enough too already (via season tickets, merchandise etc.) and thats fair enough. I want to start the ball rolling this week (the sooner we start, the sooner we can help improve the squad). So please Canny Canary and posters who have said they want to be involved email me A.S.A.P   As I said in earlier posts I am prepared to give up my time to make this happen, but need to know that other people are up for it and want to be involved. Please feel free to email me at carrowroad66@googlemail.com

Good Luck.[Y].........Oh, and that e-mail address. It isn''t actually the NCFC marketing department''s e-mail address, is it? [:P][8-|][;)]

Hi All, Just to let you know people have been sending e-mails to offer support and monthly contributions. So later this week I will talk to the club and see what their position is,  I will also speak to the media. Please all who said that they would help with setting this up contact me at my e-mail address which is on my other threads in this subject. Happy New Year everyone & lets ruin Palace''s New Year celebrations

[quote user="Mister Positive"]Hi All, Just to let you know people have been sending e-mails to offer support and monthly contributions. So later this week I will talk to the club and see what their position is,  I will also speak to the media. Please all who said that they would help with setting this up contact me at my e-mail address which is on my other threads in this subject. Happy New Year everyone & lets ruin Palace''s New Year celebrations[/quote]

Thanks Mr Cullen........[:P]

It seems to me that the 25,000 fans attending most matches already put far more money into the club on an annual basis than the current owners and other board members

And the club - now a big business- essentially belongs mainly to those self-same board members.

Appears to me there''s more of a case for the major shareholders to stump up funds to improve their own business.

I can well remember the days when the Norwich City Supporters Club used to regularly donate 20,000 pounds and 30,000 pounds etc to the club. In fact, I think that I am right in saying that the NCSC actually financed the acquisition of David Cross for around 40,000 pounds in our first promotion season to the top flight in 1971-72 (somebody please correct me if I am wrong). I still have my membership badge.But those were different days when football was an honest professional sport supported by the local masses and run by local worthies such as Arthur South, Geoffrey Watling etc. almost in the spirit of  a ''public duty''. In those days, we supporters really felt that we ''owned'' ''our'' club.

Of course, go ahead if you wish to. Big business will be delighted to accept your ''charity'' so they can re-direct more funds instead to infrastructural investment and enhanced share values.

I will not donate one penny to such a scheme unless and until the current owners ( and I myself have a token shareholding through the financing of the Hucks acquisition through the fans) divest their shares to the people of Norwich & Norfolk (in whatever scheme of arrangement) and transform the current ownership stucture of the club into a membership club structure on the lines of Barcelona, or similar. Then I will be happy to donate again.

Call me what you will, but 13 long years of persistent failure by the big business people who now own and run the club is more than enough.

Just watch them frustrate the admirable Glenn Roeder.

OTBC