Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Bungs in football, do we need to worry?

With the news today that Harry Redknapp, Milan Manderic, Amdy Faye and several others have been arrested about coruption in football do you think Norwich city has anything to worry about? I seem to remember that in Worthy''s last season we spent over a million pounds on agents fee''s and the like (can someone confirm this?) with only one club in the championship spending more. thinking now could this be summit to do with this investigation? i think a few more clubs will be brought into this before the case is closed.

DDD I feel you are worrying without cause, more clubs might be involved but I think you will find NCFC won''t be one of those.

Agents fees are known to be extortionate, they wouldn''t be in the business if they didn''t get paid well, after all they take all the stress and strains out of negotiations between players and clubs apparently lol.  I think you would be suprised to know just how much of a % an agent earns from each piece of business.  [:)]

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]

DDD I feel you are worrying without cause, more clubs might be involved but I think you will find NCFC won''t be one of those.

Agents fees are known to be extortionate, they wouldn''t be in the business if they didn''t get paid well, after all they take all the stress and strains out of negotiations between players and clubs apparently lol.  I think you would be suprised to know just how much of a % an agent earns from each piece of business.  [:)]

[/quote]

we all know agents love a bung! im not worried [;)]

this is now the very reason clubs are bringing in measures for Players to pay agents for their services rather than the clubs....

Derby have been doing this for 3 seasons now.. legally they get away with it.. they no longer pay agents any money whatsoever and it is down to the Agent to bill his client (in this case the player) for any transfer dealings the client may be involved in..... read it on the beeb website about 2 years ago....

with more clubs starting to follow suit will agents be forced out of the game as players stop using them? will we see the game go the NFL route where the football league/premier league are responsible for player wages and transfers rather than the clubs?

jas :)

I seem to remember Neil Doncaster being interviewed (by the edp, don''t panic) about this before, if I recall correctly he said that because non-footballing staff handled the transfers, and it was all above board, the possibility of a bung was illiminated.  Someone with better knowledge of the search facility will be able to provide a link to that story I''m sure, it was about 2 years ago I think.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''m more concerned with bunglers in Government - at this moment in time.......[:|][/quote]I got a letter from the Inland Revenue yesterday.  I hid the large stack of non-sequential used notes under my mattress, and then opened it.  It read like a note from someones'' mum apologising for lost homework."I must apologise for Johnnys'' ICT homework not being handed in today.  He had put it on a disk, which was on the table, but next time we looked it had gone. We''re fairly sure it''s in the house somewhere, but we''re not sure where.  We asked the people next door (or in the case of the revenue, the police) to have a look around for us, they couldn''t find it either.  Anyway, we''re sure it''ll turn up soon, so you''ve got nothing to worry about.Yours SincerelyImogen Trousers,Head of Inland Revenue."

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Worried, no not really, after all our CE is a solicitor.[/quote]

...and he should be arrested, purely for impersonating a C.Exec..... [;)]