Sign in to follow this  
Apron J Thick

Have I just witnessed the most inept refereeing display ever?

Just back from the match. Was it me, or have I just witnessed the most

inept, ridiculous display from a referee ever seen at ncfc? Andy D''Urso

was unbelievable - what have we done to him? Stolen his cat? Cursed his

Mum? Maybe he had a bad trip on the Broads or something. Poor old Dion

was getting slammed, pushed, barged and he kept blowing up against him

- this was just the tip of the iceberg. Bad refs usually foul up both

teams decisions - for some reason this joker''s foul-up ratio was

heavily against Norwich. Still, it did stir the crowd, bench and team

and spurred us on to an excellent win.

On a more positive note - what a great result on the day that

commemorated Graham Paddon - he would have loved to have been out

there...

Loud and Proud to be OTBC!!

true story about Andy d''urso....

Few years ago a mate of mine was involved with a non league side in Leicestershire.. cant remmeber but i think it was Hinckley... was a volunteer at the club.. this is about 7 years ago now..... they had an FA cup game against Billericy town, D''urso is from Billericy.... anyway mate was sitting in the stands watching the game and saw D''urso and went over for a chat with him.. turns out that, as he lives in Essex, he follows Billericy closely and is infact an Ipswich fan.. he hates us with a passion and looks forward to "reffing" our games...

jas :)

That would explain a lot, Jas!  I''m not really one for having a go at the ref as they do have a really thankless task, but some of the decisions today were unbelievable - for me Cov committed the 5 worst tackles in the game yet we came away with the only the booking (that I saw); there were continuous barges/pushes/leading with the elbow challenges from Adebola - none given, handballs ''not seen'' (including a blatant pen), and playing on when there were 2 balls on the pitch and one side had clearly stopped playing.  All in all a particularly poor performance from D''urso but par for the course when reffing us!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Few years ago a mate of mine was involved with a non league side in Leicestershire.. cant remmeber but i think it was Hinckley... was a volunteer at the club.. this is about 7 years ago now..... they had an FA cup game against Billericy town, D''urso is from Billericy.... anyway mate was sitting in the stands watching the game and saw D''urso and went over for a chat with him.. turns out that, as he lives in Essex, he follows Billericy closely and is infact an Ipswich fan.. he hates us with a passion and looks forward to "reffing" our games...

[/quote]

I do hope that was meant as tounge in cheek, Jas? If true however, it would explain todays shocking decisions!!!!

Did anyone else notice the move where we had a player brought down about 35 yards out, but he''d already played the ball out wide right where we had a good two on one situation, Mr D''urso let play go on for a second, saw we were in a good situation but blew up...then proceeded to do up his laces before we could take the freekick....

Could he have seriously blown up because he saw his laces were undone? Either way it was a terrible decision. Unbelievable.

He also turned down a penelty and booked Huckerby for diving last season, accused of bias by Gus Poyet,and also suspended for failing to send off a player booked twice in the same match.

The blokes a prize idiot

[/quote]

So D''@arseole, is a Dick-y from Billericay.........

I know it''s not easy being a ref but his performance yesterday was absolutely diabolical, until yesterday I never thought it was possible to get so many decisions wrong in a single match, what a clown he is. But then if he is an Ipshite fan that explains everything, he gave Coventry nearly everything especially in the first half.

To be fair, I once watched Ipswich (don''t ask) play QPR at Portman Road, and D''urso was awful that day as well, not just in Ipswich''s favour.

He really is poo, I don''t see why just because the prem don''t want him the football league have to have him, no league deserves a referee like that.  In fact it''s beggars belief he was a prem ref for a while!

The stone-wall penalty was the thing for me. Even some of the coventry fans had their heads in their hands.

I was intrigued to hear that D'' Urso could be a closet scummer, jas - they have to have at least one fan. Ok, therefore he should never ref a Norwich v Ip**it match or any matches the scum play, but surely he shouldn''t be the ref for any City match either? Perhaps somebody should write to The Football League to point out his allegiance to that bunch of clowns, to prevent any conflict of interest in the future.

stories 100% true... and the FA dont give 2 jots who a ref supports....

Some of u wont be too shcoked to know Graham Poll ins a man utd fan.. hence his sending off of a certain England captian last season at the bridge....

Find that hard to believe Jas because you ask any Ippo fan which ref thay hate most and who gives the most decsisions against them and I''ll bet you that 90% of them will say D''urso. They hate him with a passion.

Also I know a ref  and they have to declare which team they support on their contracts and they then aren''t allowed to ref any of their games, thats what he told me.

stories 100% true... and the FA dont give 2 jots who a ref supports....

Some of u wont be too shcoked to know Graham Poll ins a man utd fan.. hence his sending off of a certain England captian last season at the bridge....

[/quote]

The FA do give two hoots - refs have to be very clear about any allegiances they may hold.

And Graham Poll is a QPR fan - he was once accused of being a Chelsea fan just before the 2000 FA cup final (chelse v villa) but never a Man Utd fan.

And guess what .... D''Urso was actually the referee when we beat Utd 2 nil in 2005!!

Then there was the incident in the second half when two balls were on the pitch. He seemed as if he was as about to stop play and I noticed some of our players seem to halt expecting him to stop the game. However the game carried on as Coventry attacked our defence. Thankfully a goal wasn''t scored. What an awful referee.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

[quote user="greenTshirt"]And guess what .... D''Urso was actually the referee when we beat Utd 2 nil in 2005!![/quote]

The ref that day was Howard Webb, not Andy D''Urso

[/quote]

Anorak.

D''Urso is a plum.

The basic point of refereeing is ''being seen to be fair'' - but he failed miserably by awarding them everything that was going and we got next to nothing he even missed a stonewall penalty when he was well enough placed to have had a clear view of it.

But what is even more amazing is the fact that there is someone watching every game he officiates at. What do they say to him after such an inept performance? Perhaps something like dont worry you''ve got another one you can totally screw up again next Saturday.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Then there was the incident in the second half when two balls were on the pitch. He seemed as if he was as about to stop play and I noticed some of our players seem to halt expecting him to stop the game. However the game carried on as Coventry attacked our defence. Thankfully a goal wasn''t scored. What an awful referee.

[/quote]I was wondering about that. What if they scored and the ball was still left on the pitch. How could he prove that the goal scored was done by the correct ball?+ Patterson should have just ran up the other end with it and scored. Would have taught stoopid D''urso a lesson.

What gets my goat, is the Premiership don''t want him as he''s dreadful, and in their infinate wisdom, the F.A decide to use him in the Championship.  Once again anything but the Premiership doesn''t matter.  Know, nothing about football? Need a job? Contact the F.A, sure to get employment.