Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Pick your current team

Hard situations call for hard solutions and here''s 11 hard asses ready to give there all...  If only it were true...

If we can control the ball in the middle of the park perhaps we can create a tempo for the game and maybe a few chances.  I''m not sure its THE formula but I would gamble on it to break our string of bad results.  I would also consider playing Brellier deeper and omitting Mr Huckerby (with Pattison going out on the left).   

Marshall

Taylor Shackell Doherty

Chadwick   Russell   Smith  Pattison   Hucks

Cureton Dublin

Subs: Smith, Gilks, Lappin, Murray, Brellier

Like the idea of a five man midfield - just not the 3 man defence!

MarshallSemi                /           Taylor          /           Shackell       /        Drury (when fit, obviously)Croft               /          Pattison        /           Russell         /       Hucks                                          Chadwick                                                  Cureton

This is of course assuming that Pattison is better than what we''ve got. If that don''t work - take Chadders off and bring Dublin on for the last 20.

5-3-2                                        Marshall                  taylor              dublin  (c)       doherty    semi                                                                        pattison                                                                                spillane                     chadwick                    huckerby

cureton                   davesubs...lappin, gilks, martin, russell, croft.

when all fit simple 4-4-2

marshall, otsemobor, taylor, shackell, drury, croft, pattison, russell, huckerby, cureton, dublin

subs: gilks, doherty, smith, chadwick, brown

other options: murray, brellier, lappin, fotheringham, strihavka, martin, rossi jarvis, spillane

You can''t play 3-5-2 if Huckerby is playing wide as he won''t get back and you''ll get screwed over in  the dodgy left back position time and time again.

I''m selecting Pattison because I assume Roeder knows what he''s doing:                            MarshallOtsemobor   Dublin      Taylor   Lappin (oh dear)Chadwick     Russell    Pattison          Huckerby                   Brown         Cureton

No, this team''s rubbish.  No left back coverage, Pattison covering for Huckerby instead of getting forward - it has no balance.At the risk of sounding like Marvin the paranoid android, doing this has only served to depress me further. 

marshall

Otsemobor Taylor Shackell Drury

Chadwick Brellier Hucks

Pattison

Cureton        Strihavka

This is current, with out hucks, drury.

----------------------------------------------------------Marshall----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Murray--------------------------Taylor----------------------Shackell------------------------------

Semmy--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lappin

----------------------------------------------------------Brellier------------------------------------------------------------

------------------Chadwick--------------------------------------------------------------------Pattison---------------------

-------------------------------------------------Cureton--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------Strihavka---------------------------------------------------------

I know it looks a little complex, but semmy and Lappin i think would be bet employed as wingbacks, and Brellier would get my choice as Defensive mid over Russel for the moment.

This formation would mean easily rotating between 5-4-1 when defending and 3-5-2 when attacking, a versatile formation but one that other players can come into, Crofty, Hucks, Dublin, Spillane...the only problem is, is Drury attacking enough to play successfully as a wing back?

Oooh crikey, I think anything other than 4-4-2 would more harm than good at the moment. if you take a look at our statistics for possesion the biggest problem seems to be that we hardly ever have any. Play whoever you need to to win and pass the ball in midfield and then surround them with our best players. So....

Marshall

Semi              Taylor              Dublin  (c)       Loan LB

Chadwick  Russell Pattison   Huck            

Cureton                   Loan Target man

I get the feeling that Roeder is going to get loans in these positions

heres my possible team4, 1, 4, 1                           gilks

semmy       taylor      murray      lappin                       spillanecroft                                            pattison                chadwick     smith                                   martin                 gave gilks a chance to show his worth and make marshall fight fot the jersy

Marshall

Otsemobor   Dublin   Taylor   Lappin

Smith  Russell   Pattison

Chadwick                                 Huckerby

Cureton

Subs: Gilks, Shackell, Brellier, Croft, Brown

virtually everyone has done a different team.....at the moment, who knows?!?!?

Maybe??

Marshall

semi martin shackell (loan/signing) drury (loan/signing)

Croft russell (loan) brellier (loan/signing) Hucks/pattison

crueton    loan/signing

4-5 more loans/signings we''ll be alright......i''m not joking! russel and brellier will not save us from this mess.....we need someone else to get the goals (ameobi)......i don''t think shackell is up to it....drury has had his day and needs to be replaced, at the very least we need cover for this position. The only position i''m really happy about is in goal, marshall. And martin at centre back.

4-4-1-1  

Marshall

Semi  Taylor Shackell Drury

Chadwick   Smith Pattison Lappin

Huckerby

ANOther striker  (whoever is in form/wants it/defenders on opponents martin, brown or Cureton)

Subs

Gilks, Spillane, Croft, Dublin, other striker (of martin brown cureton)

Doc for Taylor when fit,  Lappin for Drury at the mo,

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]

Ideally....

Marshall

Semmy   Taylor   Loanee   Loanee

Chadwick   Pattison   Loanee   Huckerby

Cureton   Loanee

[/quote]

Murray and shackell are perfectly good enough cbs, Drury is a good enough left back.

Agree on 4-4-2 being best:

All fit (and Pattison is CM)

marshall; otsemobor, doherty, murray, drury; chadwick, pattison, smith, lappin; *, huckerby

subs: gilks, taylor, fotheringham, croft, *

*= brown/cureton/martin/strihavka (based on form desire opponent etc)

other options: shackell, brellier, dublin, russell, rossi jarvis, spillane

All fit (and Pattison is LM)

marshall; otsemobor, doherty, murray, drury; chadwick, smith, fotheringham, pattison; *, huckerby

subs: gilks, taylor, lappin, croft, *

*= brown/cureton/martin/strihavka (based on form desire opponent etc)

other options: shackell, brellier, dublin, russell, rossi jarvis, spillane

Now Available: (and Pattison is CM)

gilks; otsemobor, taylor, murray, lappin; croft, pattison, smith, chadwick; strihavka, cureton

subs: marshall, dublin, russell, martin, brown

other options: shackell, brellier, rossi jarvis, spillane

not available: doherty, fotheringham, huckerby, drury

Now Available: (and Pattison is LM)

gilks; otsemobor, taylor, murray, lappin; croft, smith, russell, pattison; strihavka, cureton

subs: marshall, dublin, chadwick, brown, martin

other options: shackell, brellier, rossi jarvis, spillane

not available: doherty, fotheringham, huckerby, drury

C.T.s formation will do for me, or breaker2

Its easy to pick out targets when the whole team is doing badly, most of our players would be excellent if we were doing wel Lappin Dave Semmy etc