Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Have you had enough and if so what????

What do you intend to do about it???It is time for protests against this board who have got away with taking the P*** for years!!!Whilst most of you were silent or even prepared to attack somebody with a word against her majesty!!It is up to us now to do something about it!!

some of us have seen this coming and shouted it from the roof tops, we should have done something before Grant. now they look like the board are at it again, for gods sake BOYCOTT Ipswich game we need protests on the chase scale, DELIA OUT.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]What do you intend to do about it???

It is time for protests against this board who have got away with taking the P*** for years!!!

Whilst most of you were silent or even prepared to attack somebody with a word against her majesty!!

It is up to us now to do something about it!!
[/quote]

Maybe that''s what the board are doing in their final death throes......Appoint a mediocre manager.....then do a runner, using the nasty horrid uncaring and most selfish fans as an excuse......With Darth Donkster as the getaway driver.

We may function better without a board of Directors.....A bit like when a busy junctions traffic lights breakdown......and the traffic seems to run more efficiently till they''re repaired. 

I think it might be too late.

Should have listened to Smudger, Cluck, Mr Whittle and Ricky Knight. Feel bad for being a sheep.

Phil Parkinson, FFS

Somebody please wake me up from this slumber, it is only a dream isn''t it. AHHHH HORLICKS, it isn''t and we are bottom with a dumb board and a soon to be failed manager.

Oh well there is always the Mighty Lynn

Even if Steve Bruce walks in on Monday morning?

[quote user="ricky knight"]some of us have seen this coming and shouted it from the roof tops, we should have done something before Grant. now they look like the board are at it again, for gods sake BOYCOTT Ipswich game we need protests on the chase scale, DELIA OUT.[/quote]

Quite Right I was at the Chase ones and the Worthy ones. There is a time to protest!!This is the worst I have ever known our club, all this at a time when we have made more and recieved more funds than ever!!!Saved the Club my arse she has sunk it lower than ever before with her Prudence crap!!!

I''ve no problem with the board changing. They have said they would be willing to sell up. However, reality check. No one has expressed an interest in buying the club apart from that dodgy lawyer who may or may not have the money. A championship football club is a bad financial investment and therefore it needs someone with lots of cash and a genuine interest in the club who are few are far between.

[quote user="T"]I''ve no problem with the board changing. They have said they would be willing to sell up. However, reality check. No one has expressed an interest in buying the club apart from that dodgy lawyer who may or may not have the money. A championship football club is a bad financial investment and therefore it needs someone with lots of cash and a genuine interest in the club who are few are far between.[/quote]

But we are, according to you, a Championship club which has wisely spent £28.5million in five years on fixed assets which will bring in solid future revenues? If that`s the case then surely we would be a good investment? You can`t have it both ways. Or maybe all that profligate spending has actually put us deeper in the mire and wrecked the team to boot?

Buying a championship football club and what a football club spends its money are two different things. Would it make sense for someone to "invest" in a business which pays you no interest or dividends for 10/11 years and has a very uncertain pay back at the end?

The 28.5m is a different matter - I understand that most of that went on the new stand as the readers of the accounts know which I think most people would agree needed to be done. The loans have generally been made available on the basis that they are secured against the assets of the club as I understand and therefore probably would not be available to invest in the squad in any case. Therefore if the loans have helped fund investment in assets which have generated revenue to fund the team then that would be a good thing. Many people were advocating that the club invested in a further corner infill rather than allow the hotel but the club decided the additional revenue did not justify the costs so clearly the club do make a cost/benefit assessment and I assume those who critise the level of investment in infrastructure agree the board made the right decion on this matter.

[quote user="T"]I''ve no problem with the board changing. They have said they would be willing to sell up. However, reality check. No one has expressed an interest in buying the club apart from that dodgy lawyer who may or may not have the money. A championship football club is a bad financial investment and therefore it needs someone with lots of cash and a genuine interest in the club who are few are far between.[/quote]

Bulls*** good old ''give me one glass more'' Delia has stated PUBLICALLY that she would ONLY sell  to  a Norfolk investor that  cuts the options down and p** off any potential  outsider coming in. Why  do  people still  continue to  think that  Delia is a lovely cuddly person. 

[quote user="T"]

Buying a championship football club and what a football club spends its money are two different things. Would it make sense for someone to "invest" in a business which pays you no interest or dividends for 10/11 years and has a very uncertain pay back at the end?

The 28.5m is a different matter - I understand that most of that went on the new stand as the readers of the accounts know which I think most people would agree needed to be done. The loans have generally been made available on the basis that they are secured against the assets of the club as I understand and therefore probably would not be available to invest in the squad in any case. Therefore if the loans have helped fund investment in assets which have generated revenue to fund the team then that would be a good thing. Many people were advocating that the club invested in a further corner infill rather than allow the hotel but the club decided the additional revenue did not justify the costs so clearly the club do make a cost/benefit assessment and I assume those who critise the level of investment in infrastructure agree the board made the right decion on this matter.

[/quote]

If Delia truly wanted new investors she would have pro-actively gone out and courted potential new investors rather than made public statements  to frighten them away. Instead she strenghtened her own grip on the club by issuing a new tranche of shares which she alone was allowed to purchase. Even the supporters investor group were denied the chance to buy new shares.

As  for the hotel  project - NCFC received a one-off payment, it will not receive any future revenue share. And that one-off payment could have gone into squad investment. Instead it went into further increasing shareholder net worth.

Grumpy - you say "Bulls***"  - It may be but then I would be interested to know who has expressed an interest in buying the club apart from the lawyer?

Snakepit - 12 replies including yours... and no replies really.. just the usual stuff... but it''s a good question none the less.... but I fear you may not get it answered until Smudger appears.

It is time for protests against this board who have got away with taking the P*** for years!!!

Whilst most of you were silent or even prepared to attack somebody with a word against her majesty!!

[/quote]

Well Snakepit......what tools are available?

They have already stashed the money from the cynical season ticket scam...so a boycott will do little until these expire. A protest is only workable if the majority of "fans" choose to stand up and be counted...but we all know that many are now Deliarites rather than "dyed in the wool" grass roots fans as in the pre-Smith days. If the former can''t even raise their voices above a squeak in the ground on matchdays...what hope of any revolution?

What''s left?...Time to hang themselves as they surely will if things deteriorate further....and the cost of purchasing the club from DS/MWJ drops accordingly. This would be good news for supporters as it would mean less cash in th pockets of DS/MWJ for their infrastructure as they walk away into the sunset...so more cash potentially available to rebuild this appalling squad under new ownership.

So...for me right now it''s down to time alone.....unfortunately.........

[quote user="T"]

[/quote]

T, the projected cost for the Jarrold stand was £8million and the last reference i saw made to it was Doncaster stating it was actually "closer to £10million". For one, this brings into question the board`s ability to cost projects they embark on, for two, it shows that the new stand only took up about one third of the sum spent.

The issue here isn`t the South Stand, it is the £4million spent on an infill, £3million on land, £1.5million on a road and plenty more on a new pitch, new ticket office, offices, corporate facilities etc. NONE of this expenditure was neccessary and it has crippled the club`s ability to invest in the team on the pitch-the result of which could lead to a financially catastrophic relegation. Can you honestly tell me that you don`t believe this is the case?

As for the hotel i didn`t see anyone campaigning for the club to spend millions on another infill and neither did you. The point is that once a hotel is there there can never be another infill and Carrow Rd will never be a complete football stadium and that is what upset people.

[quote user="T"]

[/quote]

By the way T, there are plenty of popular investments around which pay no interest or dividends. There are oil exploration companies listed on the LSE worth tens of millions whose only real "assets" are prospective exploration licenses. Take it from me, the best investments often are not the safe, steady ones.

NCFC, according to some, have wisely invested in projects which will bring in steady revenues in the future, they also have the infrastructure largely in place and have the "striking oil" factor in the possibility of a promotion worth £50million. I would say it`s set up as a pretty decent investment but we will never know who may fancy a crack at it unless the majority shareholding is put up for sale.

Watford have got sheds around their lousy pitch; Portsmouth play in a slum; Fulham put up a cheap stand to get in the maximum away fans and Ipswich don''t own their ground...................but on the pitch......!

Mr C - On your infrastructure point I''d agree with you that I would like to think less money will be required on infrastructure going forward given the money spent in the past which would make the club more attractive. I still think that most of the money would not be available for the squad as lenders are more likely to have made money available for assets which can generate revenue as opposed to players. I think most people supported the infill/capacity expansion at the time. Land would be an asset backed loan , likewise some of the property development and I think generally the club has benefitted from the land/property deals. I thought the road was a planning requirement which the club had to do. I''ve no doubt you are right that there was some discretionary spend when they thought things were going well that they would not have made with hindsight. Having said that given that they are putting their own cash in I would have thought they look at these things carefully and I suspect even more so with the Turners on board. As ever in life I suspect that most of the 28.5 million made sense at the time but I don''t doubt for a moment that they would not have spent some of it with the benefit of hindsight.

As to investment in a football club generally I agree with you that just because something doesn''t pay dividends or interest does not make it a bad investment and an oil field development is a good example but unlike an oil field I don''t see any crock of gold with a championship football club. Even if the clubs goes up then the money has to be sunk into the club to keep them there. Undoubtedly there is value in the global brands at the top of the premiership and no doubt some people have made some money but then if they are a good investment why are no clubs owned by financial investors. Football clubs are a hobby not a financial investment eg Callum''s reported comments about white coats if he ever considered it.

[/quote]

Two reasons why I think this is the wrong time to protest.

1).  It would give Ips**t the best laugh they have had for years at our expense.

2).  What signal would it send to a new manager.  If he hasn''t already signed, he might change his mind.

Let''s give it another couple of weeks.  Who knows, it may turn out to be unnecessary!