Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Not very welcome

Now that we won''t be playing Ips*** for many years to come in the league, who will we focus on to get the least friendly welcome at FCR?

For me it would have to be Man Utd as they are ever so slightly annoying.

And the fact that the game is on the first day of ''Kick Racism Out of Football Week'' is the best irony of all!!! Ha! Ha!

Newcastle. Full of Townies. Tortoise Bramble, Dyer, Ambrose, the list goes on. Do we jeer Robson though? Tricky one. Although some people liken him to the Pope, the fact remains, he IS Ipswich. He has a home there and a PPP. (His statue, a pigeon pooping place).
Nothing against Newcastle fans though, or the club in general, although the Sheperd clan are obnoxious. Funny how sheep orientated names seem to cause offence!

Chelsea,Man Utd,Arsenal.

All 3 have extreamly arogant fans who deserve to see City give their side a stuffing.
Living in Herts i have to put up with these supporters day in,day out and their disrespect for my side.

OTBC

Some Ipswich people may think Bobby Robson is still a Binner at heart, but I don''t think Robson would agree. For a kick off he''s a Geordie who has come back to his spiritual home. And he showed his true loyalties by sniffing around for bargains when Ipswich went into administration. I know it shocked and disillusioned many binners when Robson sought to take advantage of their plight.

Everton, because of last season, and because many believe they sent us down in 94/95.
Man U, because they are so arrogant.
Chelsea, because just trying to buy success isn''t very sporting.

Surely part of the point of the business of professional football is to try to ''buy success'', i.e. get the best players & management on the market that you can afford at the time? This is what Worthie''s attempting to do at the moment, as we''d expect him to do. For pure sport there''s the amateur leagues. With time (several seasons) the components show their true quality or otherwise, since if they don''t work as partof a unit they aren''t worth it. Admittedly Chelsea''s owner is to be criticised for not understanding the game and expecting instant returns, i.e. trying to buy a team by buying individuals, and blaming others (& sacking them) when this isn''t realised overnight.

However nothing ventured, nothing gained, and Chelsea just happen to have more spending power than most. That''s not their fans'' or players'' faults, so should we be upset with them?

Personally I''d be very happy if Delia''s riches, e.g. her shares in the Catholic Church suddenly quadrupling in value due to the Second Coming, and she was able to put larger sums into the team.

Mind you in that case a ''Heaven XI'' would probably be entered into the Premiership competition (with Jesus in goal ,since he saves so many), & having angelic football skills plus having had an eternity to gel as a team, would take maximum points & win every season.

Middlesbrough.

Small club, thinks its now a big club, arrogant fans, spend money on every sub-top four player going, still achieve very little, extremely lucky (getting Arsenal reserves in the semi of the Cup and then Bolton) and just hugely annoying for some reason.

GenerationA47 - Yes, I agree that most/all teams try to buy success (unless you are a selling club like Ipswich) in some form or other - we could be accused of that with Huckerby last season.

I think my gripe is around the enormous sums of money that distort the game. If you had unlimited funds you could simply buy the top 50 players in the world and effectively buy the league, and that sucks. Its the bare-faced scale of the Chelski buy-up that irritates me. Little by little it all contributes to the relative demise of the smaller teams, and lower leagues.

Ama

Yo Ama, I too would hate to see us go down the big-business franchise route, as in the major US sports. I would strongly oppose an MK Dons scenario for NCFC, for example, if it came to it and would definitely support the poorer, but purer, local ''Norwich AFC'' equivalent.

You''re right in that while one can''t deny the overwhelming reality of the business side of football, the ingrained community and sporting aspects to the game shouldn''t be ignored by the fraternity, including those who make the big decisions. As the system stands, a concentration of too much money & power in a few clubs is squishing that side and also spoiling the competition. Perhaps there should be a transfer fee (incl agents'' fee) cap? Most non-Champions League clubs should agree to it if they know what''s good for them! They could still spend the surplus on their facilities, training, stadia etc. but they''d have to think a lot harder before splashing out like a Roman.

Pk
Glad to know that i am not the only person in North Herts that supports a decent team.
Maybe we should set up a North Herts Canary Club

Big Sam arrogant - have I missed something here?

Everton are comfortably my most despised premier club - even beating Manure - ever since the 1985 Coventry relegation outrage...