Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

I JUST DON'T ACCEPT WE HAVE POOR PLAYERS.

We have good players; players capable of a top half finish at least but as I posted at the start of the season the Club were not prepared to go the extra mile to make us promotion contenders.

I rate.........

Marshall

Otsemobor

Drury

Dublin

Shackell

Doherty on his best form only

Brellier (we have yet to see what he can do)

Russell

Spillaine

Huckerby (if the team isn''t built to accomodate him)

Brown

Martin

Strikavka (believe me he is top quality)

Cureton

Murray (in a central position)

Lappin

These are good players used in bad systems  and lacking above all else.....CONFIDENCE!

The Club lacks confidence, it lost it at Fulham and never took proper steps to get it back. I don''t believe our owners or Chief Exec have any and this cascades down to the supporters.

If you want a positive debate on this Board instead of all the gratuitous mud slinging, hand wringing and self flagillation how about posting your ideas as to how confidence can be restored.

My contribution is.600k of loan investment for a couple of quality players. Pay the market rate, bring in some fresh faces and watch them lift those around them just as Huckerby, Crouch and Harper did.

Richard Dawkins should spend a bit of time on these message boards. He could then do a follow-up to his book. [;)]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

We have good players; players capable of a top half finish at least but as I posted at the start of the season the Club were not prepared to go the extra mile to make us promotion contenders.

I rate.........

Marshall

Otsemobor

Drury

Dublin

Shackell

Russell

Spillaine

Brown

Martin

Cureton

Lappin

These are good players used in bad systems  and lacking above all else.....CONFIDENCE!

The Club lacks confidence, it lost it at Fulham and never took proper steps to get it back. I don''t believe our owners or Chief Exec have any and this cascades down to the supporters.

If you want a positive debate on this Board instead of all the gratuitous mud slinging, hand wringing and self flagillation how about posting your ideas as to how confidence can be restored.

My contribution is.600k of loan investment for a couple of quality players. Pay the market rate, bring in some fresh faces and watch them lift those around them just as Huckerby, Crouch and Harper did.

[/quote]

I agree with a lot of this RH. I think a lot of our players could perform given simpler tactics and a large dose of confidence.

I feel that we need one experienced box-to-box midfielder with real leadership qualities, somebody along the lines of Bryan Robson in his heyday (although at our level obviously). We need this player to lift the crowd and other players with a few crunching tackles and runs into the box. Dion can be moved into the back line to provide the leadership there and I think we would be on our way - it''s just trying to find this player.

Mark .Y.

good players have off days not off months and not all at the same time. They are not good enough, neither is the man who brought them in, Grant, So are you going to make a wrestling comeback or you going to make a sensible case to say why i am wrong.

[quote]If you want a positive debate on this Board instead of all the

gratuitous mud slinging, hand wringing and self flagillation how about

posting your ideas as to how confidence can be restored.[/quote]
  • 4-4-2 formation, with the best available, willing players in each position getting a first team place. 
  • Pick the best players for the formation and let the opposition worry about us. 
  • Players who don''t want to work for the team because they can''t agree with / get on with the manager can take a running jump as far as I''m concerned, even / especially if they take the biggest wage home.  Keep your opinions off the pitch, or you will be left off the pitch.
  • 4 league games without a goal suggests the need for a change up front.  Dublin - Cureton up front, with Strihavka replacing Cureton if he can''t find his shooting boots.
  • Jimmy Smith should walk into our midfield if his form of last season at QPR was anything to go by.  He will be our creative outlet if he stays fit.  Croft - Brellier - Smith - Lappin should be more than capable of creating chances against most championship teams, ideally Huckerby for Lappin if he can stay interested.
  • I agree that further loan signings could help to improve matters.  This will require the board to sanction a lot of money for an under-fire boss though, so would be seen as a risk.  If only we can get through the next couple of matches with 4 points.  This from the match report of the Wednesday match - Yorkshire Post - talking about Wednesdays improvement in fortunes.
[quote]Much of the credit for the transformation goes to recent loan signings Michael Johnson and Graham Kavanagh.[/quote]

Ding Ding!

They are good players but not, as I said, used to their strengths and missing a couple of other players to complement them.

1AH............2AH......3AH...............4AH........................5AH............................6AH..................

Ding Ding!

They are good players but not, as I said, used to their strengths and missing a couple of other players to complement them.

1AH............2AH......3AH...............4AH........................5AH............................6AH..................

[/quote]

As expected sensible reply, you have to remember i get the pxss taken out of me nightly as part of my job, so carry on, you are quite obviously incapable of a healthy debate especially when you are losing. If you think these players are good, i aint even going to bother arguing with you.  I SUBMIT, Rowdy Ricky Knight beaten by Danny Divlo.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

• 4 league games without a goal suggests the need for a change up front.  Dublin - Cureton up front, with Strihavka replacing Cureton if he can''t find his shooting boots.

[/quote]

Blah, I agree with pretty much everything you''ve said there except the point I''ve quoted - how can you possibly tell if the strikeforce isn''t working if they never get any chances?!?! It takes chances to win games, if we''re not making chances - and we''re not - we won''t win games. Van Nistelrooy and Owen wouldn''t score for us, because they''d get the ball 40 yds from goal and wouldn''t ever see it again.

Saying that, I''d play Hucks up front. But then I''m always saying that.

On paper this is certainly not the weakest squad in this division - but for whatever reason for the last three league games they have chosen to do a damn good impression.  Get the tactics right (442 formation), some midfield creativity (Fozzy/Smith back from injury), provide the service and support to Cureton (needs a big partner - Dublin rather than Brown who I now accept does not look like scoring) and get in a loan player to add competition at the back and I suspect we might look a tad more confident and much better (although still far from world beaters).

The acid test for Grant now is how much of this list he can pull off as far as I am concerned.

What you say is spot on rude ole,  the players are not poor,  just very low on confidence and poorly guided from the sidelines.

Passion and committment from the players having  being given a shared purpose and common understanding of who does what when instilled by the manager.  As others have said play to strengths and build around your best players.

If you don''t accept that we have poor players (the same players who have underperformed for week in week out for how long now?)

Then maybe you ought to get your application in for the soon to become manager vacant seat at Carrow Road RH???

With the inability of our board to pick a winner and also wishing to save a bob or two I am sure that you would be in with a very good chance and would be in with good company!!!!

If they are ''good'' players/pros, they''d not lack confidence when faced with a battle. No self-belief and lacking in motivation, but still able to have the confidence to collect their salary. Our present position is worse than this time last season, and how many of our current ''under-confident'' squad, would actually command a hefty transfer fee?

I''ll stick my bull-neck out and tell you. A big fat ZERO at this moment in time!

They''re not poor players, just a bunch of ''rag, tag and bobtail'' average to nearly quite good.......and lacking in confidence......apparently.

I just cannot see this squad (and especially under the present guidance) achieving a top ''8'' finish.

It doesn''t stop me attending and encouraging them to be more confident, though.

I rate.........

Marshall

Otsemobor

Drury

Dublin

Shackell

Russell

Spillaine

Brown

Martin

Cureton

Lappin

[/quote]To be honest I think you are talking rcap the team is not very good at allDrury - Past his best now gives the winger far too much room to cross the ball,doesnt tackle enough(been a great player over the years though)Doherty - Slow defends too deep,man hamfles players (and thats his good points)Murray - Yet to see anything to convince me he is not uselessBrown - Couldn''t score if his life depended on it.Holds ball up but thats about itAdd to that Shackell (overated),Strikavka,Lappin,Spillane,Russell,Brellier (to unfit to judge) all average players Add to that I have no idea what has happened to Chris Martin- all I can guess is he has had a very poor pre season or doesn''t get on with Grant

Trying to look for positives well......Getting loans in this season i would only do if we are looking at relegation near the end cus this squad is not good enough to do anything other than survive in this division.Why waste money on loan signings we aint going up.We can''t afford to get in a high profile manager so why not go for (probly get slated for this but...) Dion DublinManager wise...1. We can''t afford any bigs names.2.He is already at the club and knows the players.3.He is the sort of person who would have the respect of all the players at the club.4.Would anyone else we could afford get the respect he would ?It is basicly the only way I can see for us to go forward at this point.

I think that this is correct RO and ZLF - people can say what they want about it not being professional to be disorganised and low on confidence but good managing is part of that professional set up surely and if that is missing it is, indeed, the same as any other business or institution which is badly managed.