Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Palace game is massive for our club.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Really, this whole debate is semantics. (look it up) I havent distorted facts any more than nutty nigel. I just choose to look at recent history as opposed to a medium term - a period which includes our championshiop season and a year in the prem. Last season ipswich thrashed our backsides at PR and took a point at our place, to finish comfortably above us in the table. This they achieved despite their considerable handicaps. Its not an opinion, or a distortiopn. Its a fact. Admitting that the ''better team won'' through clenched teeth doesnt make me an ipswich fan.[/quote]

Yeah, I know what ''semantics'' means thank you very much. [:D] So the net result of this ''debate'' is that over the last 10 years, the scum have done better than us as they did last season. And over the last 5 years we have done better than them. So we''re all agreed now then? 

[quote user="charlies dad"]Really, this whole debate is semantics. (look it up) I havent distorted facts any more than nutty nigel. I just choose to look at recent history as opposed to a medium term - a period which includes our championshiop season and a year in the prem. Last season ipswich thrashed our backsides at PR and took a point at our place, to finish comfortably above us in the table. This they achieved despite their considerable handicaps. Its not an opinion, or a distortiopn. Its a fact. Admitting that the ''better team won'' through clenched teeth doesnt make me an ipswich fan.[/quote]

That''s my whole point Charlies Dad. We are both guilty of the same thing. I took the facts as they stand and spun them to favour my club where as you took the same facts and spun them to favour the other lot.

My motivation was the fact I am a Norwich fan.

What was yours?

[B][Y] Shake hands for Derby Day [:^)] Not a chance [:|]

Oh and .. are your lot to be congratulated now for those self imposed considerable handicaps [:^)]

Next you will be telling me it was Old Red Chops[6] being cleverer than the rest [*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s my whole point Charlies Dad. We are both guilty of the same thing. I took the facts as they stand and spun them to favour my club where as you took the same facts and spun them to favour the other lot.

My motivation was the fact I am a Norwich fan.

What was yours?

[B][Y] Shake hands for Derby Day [:^)] Not a chance [:|]

Oh and .. are your lot to be congratulated now for those self imposed considerable handicaps [:^)]

Next you will be telling me it was Old Red Chops[6] being cleverer than the rest [*-)]

[/quote] My motivation? for venturing an opinion that ipswich have a better football team than us? To highlight the paucity of the leadership at Norwich City Football Club. If an impoverished, poorly supported hotchpotch can place a better team on the pitch than the cook and her cohorts, then maybe, just maybe, something is wrong? Or are you saying that its ok to finish beneath ipswich? And dont you or anyone ever imply that i am an ipswich fan - or we will fall out in quite a spectacular way. 

[quote user="charlies dad"]My motivation? for venturing an opinion that ipswich have a better football team than us? To highlight the paucity of the leadership at Norwich City Football Club. If an impoverished, poorly supported hotchpotch can place a better team on the pitch than the cook and her cohorts, then maybe, just maybe, something is wrong? Or are you saying that its ok to finish beneath ipswich? And dont you or anyone ever imply that i am an ipswich fan - or we will fall out in quite a spectacular way. [/quote]

Now I''m not having this.. semantics you said, the study of meaning. Or in terms used more generally on this board.... spin! I spun the facts in favour of my team where as you spun them in favour of that lot down the road.

There are countless threads on this board started every day about the so called "cook and her cohorts" so I fail spectacularly to understand why you would choose this one and that lot down the road to draw further attention to it.

If your actions on this thread imply you are an ipswich fan then don''t blame me.

As for opinions.. I don''t agree that they are better than us and am quite happy to discuss that with you in a footballing context.

As for falling out.. It was you that decided to join the thread and reply to my post to HH44 using our bitterest rivals as a stick to beat the club with so there''s no need to get all Mr. Angry [:@] about it now [:|]

Straight from our very best horses mouth.

“It is a massive game on Saturday and we have got to win, simple as that,” said Huckerby. “If we want to do anything this season we can''t lose these games at home, simple as that. We have to carry on and hopefully start a run and get points we should be getting.”

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED14%20Sep%202007%2017%3A52%3A39%3A793

I thank yow!

IT''s massseeeeeeve! I''m just completing the trimming of my ''gorse-like'' nasal hairs, pulling on my Deep Vein Thrombosis deterring stockings, checkin'' out my ''look'' in my recently purchased off Ebay "makes me look thinner" fairground hall of mirror''s mirror, then putting on my ''hey I''m young at heart y''know'' dapper Nike''s; an'' then draggin'' on my ''designer expensive lookey likey'' but actually from Primark, priced at £8.50 faded jeans, and sporting a Flabulous "I''m not fat, just big boned" T-shirt, that will make the lasses leave trails like snails when they see me in the boozer for post match misery/victory drinky poos.

If you see me out - and you''re a geezer, buy me a Guinness - not a Bacardi Breezer. If you''re a babe, don''t be afraid, Mello will treat you to a Voddy an'' Lemonade.......and if you''re fit you might just get......''a chip from my KFC bargain bucket''.

I love matchdays, they''re so exciting.........Must dash, football waits for no-one![:D]

C''MON CITY! Shove it up their Suvvern Palarses!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

I truthfully think this game is a huge one in terms of our league campaign this season

[/quote]

Well we won it, nice one! And we''re now above the sc*m. [;)]

[8]

Well, I bet you’re not singing the blues
when my lot win and your lot lose
You lost, how do you feel today?
[:#]
Well, I bet you’ve been up crying all night
Everything''s wrong, and nothing is right
And this morning, we are above your blues.
[:''(]
Well The moon and stars no longer shine
The dream is gone I hear you whine
There''s nothing left for you to do
But accept we are now better than you

[;)]

Charlies Dad, CJF, HH44 and Moleface Scowcroft - Your boys took a helluva beating [:#]

I enjoyed the game, not a masseeeeeve classic and we were average/mediocre. Palarse were quite a poor side and I can''t see ''Bisto features'' Jordan showing patience with manager Peter Taylor.

Dickov is a Dickov and I was pleased he was shi*e as he''s generally a thorn in our side.

I also think it was an essential victory for us to take to Charlton on tuesday. We do need to get up to speed though, as the top 2 in the Chumpionship are gaining decent away results.

Will we get anything from Charlton on Tuesday? Not if we perform like yesterday.......[^o)]

nutty nigel wrote

Music [8]

Well, I bet you’re not singing the blues
when my lot win and your lot lose
You lost, how do you feel today?
Zip it! [:#]
Well, I bet you’ve been up crying all night
Everything''s wrong, and nothing is right
And this morning, we are above your blues.
Crying [:''(]
Well The moon and stars no longer shine
The dream is gone I hear you whine
There''s nothing left for you to do
But accept we are now better than you

Wink [;)]

Do you think Rob Chandler will play it on Broadland tomorrow ??

Great to get a win. We pressed well in the second half and just about deserved the win. I am yet again dismayed that some fool wishes to brandish anybody with a contrary view to him as an Ipswich fan but little things and all that. I will say that I fear that level of performance that "we, Norwich, my team" put in against a very poor Crystal palace side will be far short of that required to obtain positive results against Charlton and Wolves.

Well done boys and a big well done Strihavka.

OTBC

C.T. - I have never called anyone an ipswich fan just because they have different views to mine. Read the whole thread. Opinions are only opinions and thats what this board is for. I just don''t understand any Norwich fan using them as a stick to beat the club, there are plenty of other threads to have a go at the club, about 10 a day actually and you don''t see me on those calling posters binners. Just this one and that thread the other day where a poster said their fans were calling us the sh*t of anglia and he agereed with them.

(If I was to have a guess I would think Smudger is a Leicester fan, and probably not a happy bunny right now [;)])

Mello - I reckon if we play like we did against Palarse at Charlton we will most likely draw 0-0 or win or lose 1-0. Time will tell if it''s effective but the early signs are that it is. It''s not very pretty though.

HH44 - fair comments mate, but like I said to CD I am qiuite happy to discuss your claims that they are better than us on a football level but there''s not much response down that road.

OK.. I''ll help you along a little!

Why Ipswich aren''t better than us part one :-

Goalkeepers: Marshall, Gilks and Lewis against Alexander, Supple and..... ?

In my opinion Norwich have a better first choice, a better second choice and a better youngster. So that''s three reasons already.

Come on guys.... where are you.... let''s be ''avin you.... COME ON! [:#]

I''ve only just had the chance to read through this thread, and I have

to say I find it quite remarkable that people would choose to slag off

their own team over those Scummers down the road... according to some

on this thread, the Scum are a "better" team that Norwich. 

Ipswich are not "better" than us, as 7Rew quite rightly states. 

Norwich City Football Club are the bestest team in the whole world!!!

Am I basing that on recent results, or performances, our transfer

activity or financial clout? No, I''m basing it on the fact that I''m a

Norwich City fan and nothing, EVER, will stop me blindly following the

boys in yellow.  It''s in my blood, it''s what I do.  I''m going

to the Cup game at Eastlands next week - I don''t expect us to turn over

Erikson''s team, but I do expect to go there, sing my heart out, get a

little drunk, and watch my team for the first time in a year. 

Regardless of the result, I''ll be a happy man next Tuesday night simply

for having had the pleasure of supporting the team. This doesn''t mean

I''m an unambitious man, and it doesn''t mean I''m totally happy with

everything at the club right now.  It just means that my blood

runs yellow and green... if that''s a problem, so shoot me...

How NN, BBB, MacDP and the like have come in for stick on this thread

is beyond me - those who are (attempting) to dish out the verbal

batterings in favour of the Scum, frankly, deserve any names slung at

them, even blue ones...

Maybe this is a sign of the diluting of the local rivalry? Living in

Manchester, I''ve spent much of the summer working alongside both Red

and Blue Manchester fans, and Liverpool fans too, and I can guarantee

you that there is absolutely no love lost between them all.  The

banter is friendly enough, naturally, but even before Eriksson took

over at City and United were celebrating their Prem win, you''d not hear

a single Blue concede that United were better than them.  In this

situation, results mean very little - the "better" team is whichever

you support.

Who is the better club, well patently NCFC...

As for recent fortunes, this is what is up for debate. 

I just feel that in the last few years it is annoying how they still manager to finish in a similar position to ourselves especially considering they went into administration shortly after their relegation and have been suffering the consequences ever since.  Last season even finishing above us.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I just feel that in the last few years it is annoying how they still manager to finish in a similar position to ourselves especially considering they went into administration shortly after their relegation and have been suffering the consequences ever since.  Last season even finishing above us.

[/quote]

Hardhouse44 wrote:

You ask a question If Ipswich can beat Palace at home why can''t we. Here''s something that may never have dawned on the blinkered brigade. They are better than us that''s why!

CJF - This was why I entered the thread, but neither HH44, CD or yourself will debate this with me. You were all so quick to jump in with "Rory Bremner quality" impersonations of ipswich fans though.

HH44 -  I think you will struggle to find threads where I brandish anybody with a contrary view to me as an ipswich fan but little things and all that.

Why are none of you prepared to debate the merits of piswich being better than us or was it just a case of blind faith in your team [:P]

Hmmm. we have started something here havent we Nutty Nigel? Im quite happy to accept that to accept you do not accuse me of being an Ipswich fan. The prattish intervention further up the board does nobody any favours. I was chuffed to see ipswich take a 4 goal thumping on saturday, as im sure was everyone. However, tuning in to the Championship programme on sunday, it didnt seem like they took a hiding, strangely enough they played well. Perhaps the best way of explaining my viewpoint, is that I am frustrated to the nth degree that Norwich City cannot put ipswich town in its place, and that lookls set to continue this season. These blind comments from some posters amount to a ''my dads bigger than your dad'' playground argument. I want to look deeper, why did they beat us, why did they finish above us, despite our many advantages, and how the hell can we make sure it NEVER happens again?   

getting a ticket to see Norwich for a fiver will tend to make people happy eh Evil.It leaves lotsa money to get drunk on. well possibly only tipsy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Hardhouse44 wrote:

You ask a question If Ipswich can beat Palace at home why can''t we. Here''s something that may never have dawned on the blinkered brigade. They are better than us that''s why!

CJF - This was why I entered the thread, but neither HH44, CD or yourself will debate this with me. You were all so quick to jump in with "Rory Bremner quality" impersonations of ipswich fans though.

HH44 -  I think you will struggle to find threads where I brandish anybody with a contrary view to me as an ipswich fan but little things and all that.

Why are none of you prepared to debate the merits of piswich being better than us or was it just a case of blind faith in your team [:P]

[/quote]

On this message board any criticism of our team or manager is meet with cries of knee jerk reaction and give it time. We are told lets see where we are at the end of the season. Well my argument to you NN is just that. Yes we may have gone above our rivals this week but the season is young and we should apply the same restrictions to this debate as do so many poster to the other.

At the end of the season I fear we will not be above Ipswich and we have the head to head matches to come.

I also fear that if we were to look at this on a week to week basis we would be less chipper come Saturday tea time.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Hmmm. we have started something here havent we Nutty Nigel? Im quite happy to accept that to accept you do not accuse me of being an Ipswich fan. The prattish intervention further up the board does nobody any favours. I was chuffed to see ipswich take a 4 goal thumping on saturday, as im sure was everyone. However, tuning in to the Championship programme on sunday, it didnt seem like they took a hiding, strangely enough they played well. Perhaps the best way of explaining my viewpoint, is that I am frustrated to the nth degree that Norwich City cannot put ipswich town in its place, and that lookls set to continue this season. These blind comments from some posters amount to a ''my dads bigger than your dad'' playground argument. I want to look deeper, why did they beat us, why did they finish above us, despite our many advantages, and how the hell can we make sure it NEVER happens again?   [/quote]

It seems the difference between us is that I am trying to enjoy this season for what it is where as you still have issues festering from seasons gone by. I''m sure we won''t fall out over it though. [B]

HH44 specifically stated that ipswich are better than us THIS season which was the point where I entered the thread. I don''t believe they are better than us. They lost 4-0 on Saturday, I would imagine if we had lost 4-0 you would have been too blinded by our defensive failings to look any further than the result. I am hoping that under Grant the days of losing 4-0 are over but we have a couple of big tests coming up so if we lose 4-0 tonight I hope to see you here in the morning finding the positives! [;)] I posted elsewhere that I will believe a corner has been turned if we manage to get through the next 5 games with only a couple of odd goal defeats or better. I don''t think any team would seriously challenge for promotion while suffering 4 goal defeats.

Getting back to the "they are better than us" debate that''s not happening here - it could be those extra thick yellow and green welding goggles[8-|] I wear but to me we are better all over the pitch than them.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

On this message board any criticism of our team or manager is meet with cries of knee jerk reaction and give it time. We are told lets see where we are at the end of the season. Well my argument to you NN is just that. Yes we may have gone above our rivals this week but the season is young and we should apply the same restrictions to this debate as do so many poster to the other.

At the end of the season I fear we will not be above Ipswich and we have the head to head matches to come.

I also fear that if we were to look at this on a week to week basis we would be less chipper come Saturday tea time.

[/quote]

Surely the same logic applies to your "knee jerk reaction" that they are better than us before last weekends fixtures [*-)]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Hardhouse44 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

So I assume that the Palace game wasn''t as massive and season changing in retrospect as you were suggesting before the match - is that because we won it by any chance? Before the game we were doomed if we lost it, but as we won it I see that now "the season is young". Incidentally, I agree that it is young and the only position that matters is where we finish at the end of the season but that certainly isn''t the implication of the post with which you started this thread.    

The Palace game was massive, because it bought us time. 3 points, however gained, have given us breathing space, because our away record is so pathetic, we simply cannot expect anything from the next 2 games. Defeat against Palace, would set up the very real possibility of FIVE defeats on the spin, a crisis in anyones language. Lets see what happens tonight, im hoping for a point, but im not expecting one.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="charlies dad"]Hmmm. we have started something here havent we Nutty Nigel? Im quite happy to accept that to accept you do not accuse me of being an Ipswich fan. The prattish intervention further up the board does nobody any favours. I was chuffed to see ipswich take a 4 goal thumping on saturday, as im sure was everyone. However, tuning in to the Championship programme on sunday, it didnt seem like they took a hiding, strangely enough they played well. Perhaps the best way of explaining my viewpoint, is that I am frustrated to the nth degree that Norwich City cannot put ipswich town in its place, and that lookls set to continue this season. These blind comments from some posters amount to a ''my dads bigger than your dad'' playground argument. I want to look deeper, why did they beat us, why did they finish above us, despite our many advantages, and how the hell can we make sure it NEVER happens again?   [/quote]

It seems the difference between us is that I am trying to enjoy this season for what it is where as you still have issues festering from seasons gone by. I''m sure we won''t fall out over it though. [B]

HH44 specifically stated that ipswich are better than us THIS season which was the point where I entered the thread. I don''t believe they are better than us. They lost 4-0 on Saturday, I would imagine if we had lost 4-0 you would have been too blinded by our defensive failings to look any further than the result. I am hoping that under Grant the days of losing 4-0 are over but we have a couple of big tests coming up so if we lose 4-0 tonight I hope to see you here in the morning finding the positives! [;)] I posted elsewhere that I will believe a corner has been turned if we manage to get through the next 5 games with only a couple of odd goal defeats or better. I don''t think any team would seriously challenge for promotion while suffering 4 goal defeats.

Getting back to the "they are better than us" debate that''s not happening here - it could be those extra thick yellow and green welding goggles[8-|] I wear but to me we are better all over the pitch than them.

[/quote]Falling out is not an option Nigel, I will be listening to tonights game and doubtless wanting the same thing as you - an unlikely win.!