Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

PRAISE THE LORD, A DEFENDER!!!

Sorry, didn''t really mean to start another thread, i just can''t contain myself - lets just hope he''s good!

[quote user="NCFC_Chris"]

he''s a midfielder who can play in defence

[/quote]I refer you Chris to the opening line of the Pinkun article on Murray:"Rangers defender Ian Murray is on his way to Norwich City..."

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="NCFC_Chris"]

he''s a midfielder who can play in defence

[/quote]

I refer you Chris to the opening line of the Pinkun article on Murray:

"Rangers defender Ian Murray is on his way to Norwich City..."
[/quote]

I think he has generally played defense in his time at Rangers, at Hibs he played central midfield by all accounts and was Captain! 

Apparantly he is strong in Centre Midfield, Central Defense and Left Back.

he was primarily a central midfielder at Hibs but played centre back for a while due to injuries in that area, he then went to Rangers but had to fill in at left back due to Steven Smith being injured

Murray set to seal Norwich move

Ian Murray is on the move to NorwichRangers have allowed Ian Murray to move on to Norwich City, where he is set to join the Canaries on a one-year deal.

The versatile Scotland international had a year of his Ibrox contract to run but the Championship side have not paid a fee for the 26-year-old.

"He has all the attributes you look for in a player," Norwich boss Peter Grant said before the deal was revealed.

"He can play left-back, left-midfield, centre-midfield and centre-back - and he can do them all well."

Rangers manager Walter Smith confirmed the switch at the club''s Annual General Meeting.

He also said one or two other players may have to move on if he is to add to his squad before the summer transfer window closes.

Should be a good signing. On a free seems a bargain, and lets just hope he isnt versatile because he''s not good enough in one position. I reckon he''ll be good. We needed another option at centre half, and perhaps cover at left back if Lappin is seen as a midfielder. We also are a midfieler light especially with the injury''s to fozzy and smith.

Good Signing Granty

One more defender would be nice though!

Well done, Peter Grant. This sounds like a really versatile addition and he''s the right age. Another very solid signing. Let''s just hope Jimmy Smith, Fozzy and Hucks recover quickly and then there''s real competion for places in this squad.

I am pleased, shame it is just a one year deal, a 3 year deal would have been nice.  I suppose Grant is being prudent, if he isn''t that great for us a one year deal is good, however if he is great for us a one year deal is bad as another club may come in for him, I suppose Murray could have insisted on the 1 year himself.

its a one year deal because of his recent injury problems. Another tidy move by grants regime, these boys have got to impress or they are out the door, its so refreshing!!