Sign in to follow this  
Dowp End

Croft !

How good was he today ? IMO good candidate for MOTM, didnt stop running and not just around in circles when I say that. Thought some of his second half play making was exceptional.  Long may it continue.

Im not too sure he was MOTM material today, I''ll admit he looked great in the last half hour, to be honest though I thought he looked a bit lost at times in the first half and had some pretty poor touches and more than a few wayward balls. Huge improvment in the second half though. If he can carry that form on then maybe we''ll finaly see him become the creative player we lack with out huckerby down the flanks.

O.T.B.C

Big improvement for Croft in second half. More consistency would be good but fans have to realise that these exciting players are occasionally going to lose the ball whilst trying their trickery.

Croft was a revelation in the last half hour. But he needs to do it for a whole game. Did he take some kind of stimulant on the hour mark?

i thought croft was a headless chicken, who lacks the ability to get into tight defensive positions (looking half-hearted) and create chances the other end.  for the first 60 mins, i thought he did nothing - a passenger.  after that, i agree he came alive and in fairness chased the soton defender down making him back-pass to the keeper, and also supplied the cross for cureton to get his second, but too often for me his link-up play is poor, touch imperfect and final ball found wanting.  instead of fancy flicks, he''d be better concentrating on creating  chances and watching hucks like a hawk in training.he''s young and can only get better!

[quote user="Dowp End"]How good was he today ? IMO good candidate for MOTM, didnt stop running and not just around in circles when I say that. Thought some of his second half play making was exceptional.  Long may it continue.
[/quote]

agreed. thought he was motm vs barnet too. i think Chadwick''s presence has brought about the improvement needed to keep his place.

He looked good, sharp and in shape, tried to go around players, got crosses in and linked up well with Otsemobor. Could be a real player for us this season if he carries on like that.

Shame about those yellow boots though!

Is this the difference of having an excellent full back behind you?

Croft and Semmy have already built a dangerous patnership down that flank, and we scored a goal from one of his crosses.He looked sharp, and much fitter than before and also ran with the ball to take players on where he used to be hesistant.The best kenws for me is that Chadwick also looked very competent, a bit of competition is a good thing.

What game were you boyz watching, croft never once took on their left back and got to the byline, it wasn''t a great cross for the winner just superb finishing from a fox in the box. Neither of the wingers impressed me for city yesterday, both of Southamptons full backs are usually used in midfield roles put were having to fill in due to the sales they had to make in the summer and we didn''t take advantage of this at any stage.

[quote user="AJ"]Is this the difference of having an excellent full back behind you?

Croft and Semmy have already built a dangerous patnership down that flank, and we scored a goal from one of his crosses.

He looked sharp, and much fitter than before and also ran with the ball to take players on where he used to be hesistant.

The best kenws for me is that Chadwick also looked very competent, a bit of competition is a good thing.
[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that our right side in the second half was really encouraging - looks to be an excellent partnership forming there. Throw Chadwick and Huckerby into the mix and I think our midfield/frontline is undoubtedly stronger than last season.   

[quote user="lucky green trainers"] i agree he came alive and in fairness chased the soton defender down making him back-pass to the keeper,
[/quote]

Surely that was Brown!

Did anyone else notice that with about 5 minutes to go ''Semmy'' hurtled past Croft towards the Saints goal line then hurtled past him again to get back when the attack broke down. Meanwhile Croft stood and watched, blowing like a beached whale. So how fit is he?[:^)]